post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-12, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrone forever View Post
herald of tzeentch: master of sorcery, life; flames of tzeentch

core,
39 pink horrors, standard bearer w/t standard that has +1 to cast
22-24 deamonettes, command

i think that comes up to around 800pts
An interesting list. How would you plan to use it? (It seems magic-heavy from what I know of daemons, but I have never faced them before).

Quote:
lvl 1 damsel beasts with prayer icon

paladin bsb heavy armour, shield, Gromil great helm(If that's how it's spelt, don't have my book at hand) virtue of empathy

39 men at arms full command
39 men at arms full command

1 treb
1 treb
I think (and I may be wrong) that you need to have at least one unit of KotR in a Bretonnian army. Otherwise, great list, just too many troops to kill, and trebs will hit home at least once, and when they do it hurts.

Quote:
90pts - Branchwraith- annoyance of netlings
96pts- 8 Dryads
96pts- 8 Dryads
132pts- 10 Glade Guard- standard
120pts- 10 Glade Guard
= 798
Very good list. A point to consider however - toguhness 4 enemies with saves. Another point, what if faced with a very strong shooting army, like dwarf gunlines. I'm not trying just to be critical, more interested in how you would play against such lists?

Quote:
butcher, l2, dispel scroll, asf sword (think thats under), 18 bulls with ironfists, full command.
With changes, ouch! Can't find a way to kill it without a good roll or two.

My challenge has been answered well. May more continue to do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-12, 07:40 PM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

Quote:
An interesting list. How would you plan to use it? (It seems magic-heavy from what I know of daemons, but I have never faced them before).
i would use it by standing back, using throne of vines then magic missiles, and the horror spells untill they got close, then charge with the deamonettes and cast flesh to stone of them, to get T7

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-12, 08:29 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasnat View Post
Very good list. A point to consider however - toguhness 4 enemies with saves. Another point, what if faced with a very strong shooting army, like dwarf gunlines. I'm not trying just to be critical, more interested in how you would play against such lists?
Glade guard are effective at 30" and can move 3" a turn backwards while firing without losing effectiveness... which means they get a long time to deal with M4 armies as they advance (and laugh at dwarf gunlines that have an effective range of 24" and can barely move). When the enemy do get to within 20" most WE just move into short range (15") and just dakka the opponent with S4 shooting. 40 S4 shots hitting on 3+ will massacre pretty much anything incredibly quickly.

If I was playing WoC I would expect to get 3 turns of long range shooting, 2 of short range plus a unit's stand and shoot before I lost any modes at all... which is 19 dead warriors before they get into combat. Although most WoC players get panicked by being surrounded by that many S4 shots and try charges at silly ranges. An easy flee response (possibly 2 if they redirect) gives me another round of shooting for no losses... while conversely if they advance too close I can just march into their flank and dodge them entirely.

Its incredibly hard to pin down WE in combat, and its incredibly difficult to outshoot them (spammed mortars used to do it, and crossbows are painful... but mortars are now much less nasty and I doubt you'll see many and crossbows are rarely taken over guns). Best way of killing them is massed magic missiles: tzeentch sorcerers tend to be pretty nasty, but at 800pts you aren't going to be seeing that much nasty offensive magic, and especially not the Lv4 builds that can really dominate none magical armies.

Thinking about it I might change the list to:

160- Branchwraith- Lv1 Athel Loren, annoyance of netlings, cluster of radiants
96- 8 Dryads
148- 10 Glade Guard- banner, musician, standard of eternal fire
138- 10 Glade Guard- banner, musician
126- 10 Glade Guard- musician
126- 10 Glade Guard- musician

That gives the WE a mgic phase (albeit a fairly crap one- Athel Loren is one of the weakest lores, but there are some half decent spells in there), +1 dispel dice and a unit that can pump out flaming shots to get rid of regen.
That would mean magic is not as nasty and evil things like hydras will fall pretty easily too (1 round of shooting at close range should bring it down). Not to shabby for one of the "weakest armies around"

If I got to upgrade this army to 1k then that 2nd unit of dryads is back in and so are a couple of eagles.
Never underestimate an eagle, they are the absolute pinnacle of awesomeness.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 12:45 AM

Deathypoo's Flag is: USA

Dark Elves-

185- Level 2 shadow* sorc, sac dagger and guiding eye

205- 19 RXB with standard/musc.

175- Hydra

230- 15 Black Guard, Full command

*shadow lore is my favorite due to mind razor, but any works
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 10:00 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Skaven (probably not the best but certainly against WOC will wreak havoc)

Lords

Warlord-shield and the Fellblade-193 points

Core

46 Stormvermin-including full command, attached Poisoned Wind Mortar team and the Banner of Eternal flame-422 points

Rare

Warp Lightning Cannon-90 points

Warp Lightining Cannon-90 points

total-795 points

Plan is for the Cannons and wind mortar to do some damage whilst big horde closes in. In combat the Lord will be able to slap nearly anything in a challenge due to lack many decent combat characters at that points level (then again having 4 attacks at I7 that are at S10 and force opponents to reroll successfull wards and on top of that have each wound multiplied to D6 and with the banner then not even regen is gonna save you) and the Stormvermin themselves are certainly no slouches.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 06:33 PM

Atreyu's Flag is: USA

Khrone Forever your army would be illegal xD you need 3 units. Characters don't count.

My Armies:
Tyranids-Hive Fleet Hydrus(0/0/0)
WoC-The Host of Alctheus(0/0/0)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode