Goblin 2.4K List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-12, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

dutchy1982's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Goblin 2.4K List

Okay a friend of mine and I are planning to start entering tournaments next year. In preparation we've been streamlining our lists as much as you can for these things. I'm trying to take an all Goblin list (I know I won't be too competitive but I don't mind - It's for fun).

So the list is:

Skarsnik & Gobbla - 275
He's going to be used to get a reasonably high leadership on the battlefield as well as to try and use the Sneaky Schemes to delay some enemy units)

Nibbla - Hero 107
BSB with the bad moon banner to make one of the hordes reasonably nasty to charge and shoot.

Icanflyz - Level 4 NG Shaman 175
Hopefully can give him Curse Of Da Bad Moon during a battle to add a little mor chaos.

Wizzo - Level 2 NG Shaman 85
Obviously here to lock out all the spells.

Da Crooked Moon Tribe - 50 Night Goblins 275
FC, Nets, 2 Fanatics Spears & shields.

Gribblerz Stikkerz - 50 Night Goblins 275
FC, Nets, 2 Fanatics Spears & Shields

Skarsnik's Ladz - 50 Night Goblins 275
FC, Nets, 2 Fanatics Hand Weapons & Shields

These big blocks will be the brunt of the army holding the centre of the field with Skarsnik. Or following up behind the Squigs etc against a defensive army.

Da Hill Huggerz - 20 NG Archers 60

Snagrat's Arrerz - 20 NG Archers 60

Da Stunty Shootaz - 20 NG Archers 60

These will be ahead of the main blocks and used as throw away units.

Da Mighty Shelob - Arachnarok Spider 290
Do what it does best and run around killing things of importance while staying away from vampires (Bad experience)

2 Mangler Squigs - 130
Ahead of the main army with the Squig herd - there to cause problems for nasty enemy units.

2 Doom Divers - 160
Good at killing things like Doom Wheels (so why not - plus every gobbo army has them)

Squig Herd - 173
26 strong with 19 squigs (Bound to chow down on some of the enemy before they flee and go wild causing hits against anything near them)

At the moment the only thing truly untested is the squig herd. But I'm open to any suggestions as to how this can be improved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 02:30 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

The only comment I can really make is that the Bad Moon Banner is more or less redundant now. If you stretch out the archers you will be getting hard cover saves on the mobs behind anyway. Also one of the little waaagh spells confers the same benefit without the need for spending 75 points on a flag.

I would much rather see something like the +1LD banner or the 4+ 4++ armour to keep the re rolls around for as long as possible.

Can't really comment on Skarsnik as most of the locations that I play have banned special characters (which is a shame) but from reading his entry he does look as though he has some very tasty benefits for the army.

I like the big Squig Herd, they are very very good for throwing in somethings face and munching through them. Also get these into the flank with Sneaky Stabbing is a very one sided combat.

Let me know how you get on as I really want to add a Squig Herd into my force (finances/sculpting skills are limiting me somewhat at the moment)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 04:48 PM

why they ban special characters sounds really anoying with no special characters no grimgor brings a tear to my eye ha jokes

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 05:12 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

SC's are banned because most people seem to compain about how overpowered/crutch like the character is rather then adjusting tactics/lists and attempting to beat the big bad SC. It is a shame as that removes some really fun characters from the game
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 06:59 PM

agreed people just cant be bovered to adjust there taktics
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 07:52 PM
olderplayer's Flag is: USA

We are seeing the ban on special characters now being limited to lord level characters in the 7th edition book (which were unfair and over-the-top) but not hero-level characters except for in the Daemons of Chaos book (skulltaker, the slaanesh special hero, the nurgle special hero epi and changeling are perceived as not fair). The decision to ban special character arose because some of the army book writers got carried away with creating special characters in the past and did not consider broken combos and competitive balance in the individual army rules. One of our tourneys, has a "there can be only one" rule where the first army submitted and approved with a specific named special character is the only army allowed to play that character. In some tourneys, we have seen Throgg-based WoC armies and grimgor as a result.

GW appears to have shifted on that issue in 8th edition (at least attempting to write more balanced books and address balance in the rules) and at least some of the Indy GT tournaments are now generally allowing special characters in the new 8th edition books, especially with the decrease in army-specific magic items, but it is still on a case-by-case basis. In the new books, Grimgor is one of the few special characters I would play, along with the Tomb Kings special necrotect (gives a re-roll on armour save to one unit, like necro knights), and Mannfred and Vlad in the new VC book. I haven't tested them, but Vlad and Manfred look pretty good and are slightly undercosted for the values of the magic items and vampiric abilities they respectively have on them sufficient to risk banning, although the new VC book is clearly much more balanced than the old book such that it doesn't risk creating a clear over-the-top army as occurred in 7th edition with VC.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 07:57 PM
olderplayer's Flag is: USA

BTW I like the theme and focus. The spider can be effective. Yes, cannons will get it but the spdier is one of those monsters that can pay for itself and is likely worth playing without being unfair or broken. I'd probably better protect the BSB with magic items and/or run that BSB is a unit tucked in behind one of the other goblin units. It is more traditional now to run a savage orc big-un horde out front with the core and a decent orc general for leadership and better protection followed closely behind by a night gobling unit with a cheap night goblin BSB. I saw a number of those armies do pretty well at a tourney last fall.

Also, those armies used a bit more target saturation units like snotling pump wagons and wolf and boar chariots. The doom divers are awesome.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode