Da Redcaps - All Night Goblin Army - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-12, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

In the interests of finding a competitive themed force for my newly founded Night Goblin Army I have encountered a LOT(all) of humiliating defeats, at the club I go to I can get in about 3-4 Games in an evening and have had a few opponents volunteering to be my guinea pigs (who later turned out to be Hell Pits!!)

So scrapping the idea of Night Goblins with Short Bows as these troops inflicted FAR too much damage on my own units for my liking, as funny as it was it ultimately lost me points, games and standing

Right then

Boss Redcap - 103
NG Warboss, Sword of Might, Gamblers Armour, Ironcurse Icon

Flagga Boy - 74
NG Big Boss, BSB, Light Armour, Shield, Banner of Discipline

Noggin - 36
NG Big Boss, Light Armour, Great Weapon

Boggin - 36
NG Big Boss, Light Armour, Great Weapon

Fungus - 85
Level 2 NG Shaman

Crikket - 85
Level 2 NG Shaman

Da Redcaps - 176
37 Night Goblins, Spears, Netters, Musician & Standard

Da Pointy Boyz - 179
38 Night Goblins, Spears, Netters, Musician & Standard

Noggin's Stikkaz - 179
38 Night Goblins, Spears, Netters, Musician & Standard

Da Loonz - 150
6 Fanatics

Kebaboom! - 35
Spear Chukka

Kebaboing! - 35
Spear Chukka

Loon Atik's Flinger - 80
Doom Diver

Loon Atik's Flicka - 80
Doom Diver

FLUFFY!!! - 65
Mangler Squig

SQUEEK!!! - 65
Mangler Squig

A little Breakdown
LORDS - 103 ( 7%)
HEROES - 352 (23%)
CORE - 684 (47%)
SPECIAL - 70 ( 4%)
RARE - 290 (19%)

Tactic Wise

Warboss and BSB take the central unit with another Big Boss, which means oh no.... my BSB cannot fit in the front rank, what a pity second rank it is then, (sneaky rat thing trick, but Da Boss likes is flag!)

One Shaman and Big Boss go into each of the remaining two units with the shaman as far away from my General as possible (dat green light makez me eyez water! And he smells funny!)

The Manglers depending on who I am facing either both go on one flank or I have one on each, depends on the game and the mission.

Spear Chukka's and Doom Divers target anything that'll give me a hard time..........so everything really.

Fanatics I like to fan out protecting ALL of my units from chargers and forcing enemy units to charge through them inflicting another D6 worth of hits (2D6 S5 Hits)... yeah that's it for tactics

Thank you to all who have helped me get to this stage... I really appreciate your input and hope to get more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 08:51 PM

Ultra1's Flag is: USA

have you read up on any of the night goblin tricks? my personnal fav is put a unit with bows in front of your spears. put fanatics in the spears. when bows get charged they stand and shoot, enemy unit then has to stop for fanatics to pop out, send them through your bows (yes you kill goblins, but hey they're goblins). if they fail to reach the enemy unit they will be sitting fight in front of your bowmen, the charging unit will likely land on them taking 2D6 hits instead of 1D6. this makes for a tough time for the enemy. your bowmen will then proceed to die, but the charging unit will be a lot smaller for your spearmen to take on.

as for your goblin bosses, light armor really doesn't do anything for you. you'll find a 6+ armor might as well be nothing. there's far too many things out there that will completely negate the save. i'd not even bother. you'll likely find a similar issue with your BSB, essentially a smart opponent is going to kill off all your characters cause once your leadership is down to 5 steadfast doesn't help all that much.

you made a comment on your general being too protected, i'd say he could never be too protected cause you need him around. Ld 8 is way better than 5, once he goes down it's going to be extremely difficult for you to pull out the W.

anyway just my thoughts, hope for the best. orcs and goblins are so much fun!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode