something trivial to end a relationship for you - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

Default something trivial to end a relationship for you

A few day ago two friends of mine broke up. They'd been together five years and everyone who knew them was sure they were going to be married. They were so close that their friends never even referenced one without the other, it was never "invite Jonah" it was always "invite Jonah and Amanda". Now you may be asking what broke these two lovebirds up? Shoes. One criticized the others shoes and boom that was it. Now you may be saying "what a rookie mistake you never criticize a women's shoes!", but Oh No! SHE criticized HIS shoes, said they were ugly, didn't go with his outfit, and he had bad fashion sense and shit just escalated from there. Sad to see things end like that but shit happens. Anyways what seemingly trivial thing would be the straw to break the camels's back for you? For me it's country music. Liking that is a definite deal breaker.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 03:30 PM
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

but your from texas?
i knew a couple like that, on the outside really happy and close, but once you got under the surface, boom holy shit it was some scary shit they practicly hated each other
some people just dont like to publicise their fights, my and my girlfriend, complete oposite

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 03:33 PM

arlins's Flag is: England

Im sure the shoe issue was just the tip of a festering sore.
you never know whats reallygoing on in someone elses life,s and couples who seem stable can just go into meltdown relativly quickly .
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 04:11 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

My girlfriend being an intolerable bitch.

Me: "You're just not terribly important to me..."
Me: "I've assessed the situation and I'm leaving."
Her: "Where?!?!?!" *sobs like a stupid fucking cunt*
Me: *Stonefaced* "I have to return some videotapes."
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 06:41 PM

Around here, it's not something trivial ending relationships, it's something horrible, and they *still* won't break up. I know a bunch of people in abusive relationships who just keep going back for more. =/

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
but your from texas?
i knew a couple like that, on the outside really happy and close, but once you got under the surface, boom holy shit it was some scary shit they practicly hated each other
some people just dont like to publicise their fights, my and my girlfriend, complete oposite
Im actually from California. I hate Texas more than any state I've ever lived in, and I've lived in quite a few. Military family and all that.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 01:50 AM
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
Im actually from California. I hate Texas more than any state I've ever lived in, and I've lived in quite a few. Military family and all that.
I'm the same way too!!! I'm from SoCal, so living in a small town doesn't help with what I grew up with.

Drannith always says that there will be a fart one of these days that will end a marriage somewhere in the world. Hahaha!

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 01:59 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

One more things, relationships are trivial. It makes sense that trivial things should end them, or simply a whim.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 02:22 AM
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
One more things, relationships are trivial. It makes sense that trivial things should end them, or simply a whim.
I have to disagree with you on that. Yes some relationships are trivial, but there are relationships out there where people are really commited to each other and their relationships are not trivial at all.

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-11, 02:38 AM

I had a friendship with girl and it was purely platonic, we were friends for 5 years, we went out, shared a lot of things, saw many arseholes come and go in her life, and when her relationships fell through i was the obligatory shoulder to cry on.

Well my friend got married and we tried to keep the friendship the same, but i began to notice a nastry side of my friend, she constantly critisised her husband, she began to turn on all of her freinds who had been friends with her since they were kids.

So what broke up our friendship, i was invited down to their place for the weekend, it was my 40th Birthday, so we went out to a lavish dinner and we had a great time and i thanked them for the birthday, well, the shit hit the fan when on the day i was going home, their puppy had wet the kitchen mat, i cleaned up as they were still in bed, she was pregnant and had started to use this as an excuse to become very lazy, she eventually got out of bed and wanted to know where th mat was, i told her, she became very pissed off with me, not over the mat, but she said i should have fed her dog, like her pup was my responsability.

Then as her poor hubby took me to the train station i again thanked her for the weekend,

I got an abusive text message from her calling me an arsehole for not thanking her for the weekend, i had had enough i told her that i had and if she can't remeber that then i just didn't give a fuck, she wrote back calling me everything under the sun, so i thought two can play at that game, so i sent her the nastiest text message possible.

That was it, the end of a very close friendship, ironically her husband walked out on her about a year later, he said he was off to work, but went staight to the International Airport and by the time she expected him home his plane was touching down in Santiago, Chile, he promtly divorced her. And the irony that almost four years later no one wants her and that apart from her family she has lost all the friends she ever had and a husband.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.

Last edited by Achaylus72; 06-15-11 at 02:42 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode