Rapture: Harold Camping issues new apocalypse date - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 09:06 AM

Dear Evangelicalists... Creationists... Christians... Everything.

Welcome to Earth and reality

Love ,
Orochi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 03:47 PM

unixknight's Flag is: USA

My wife and I tuned in to Camping's radio show on Monday night out of curiosity. (No, we're not fans of his and no, we're not members of his sect.)

He seemed to be giving some kind of press conference and man... talk about detached from reality... They kept asking him questions and he dodged them every single time. Ultimately a reporter pressed him on this question:

"What do you say to those who gave up their entire life savings to donate money to your cause and now are left destitute for nothing?"

His first attempt to dodge: "We're not in the business of giving financial advice."

She asked again.

His final answer was a long winded speech about how people find ways to survive even in tough economic times like we're in now. In short: "Sucks to be them but they'll live."

At that point I realized he's not crazy, he's a con artist.
post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-25-11, 04:29 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
If I could negative rep you for that I would have. That was extremely rude. Do not insult other peoples holy books. It is never called for, no matter the faith it represents or the people who worship it. I don't care how much of a pissy SOB you or they are, it is never appropriate.
I was not attacking the idea behind the bible, I was attacking the fact that it has in fact been rewritten so many times and done so to benefit who ever was writing it. That is why there are how many different versions of the bible?

Like how all the men depicted in it are while men with long beards and women are not portrayed in a very positive light.

Even Rival came in later a said that he did not believe it word for word (like some do infact) which really debunked what I had said.

@Squeeking up on people: Nah that was simply in response that because I am an atheist I might either be a sheep of a professor in college or rebelling against my parents. Normally I would not even bring up the fact that I am one, I did so trying to make a funny and ended up jumping in to defend someone.

I know I was a bit riled up and honestly do not remember writing the last couple posts all that clearly (was heading to bed and guessing more then half asleep). I know that honestly believe what you will and enjoy it. Even as an atheist I enjoy a good chat on theology but yeah like Vash said, nothing gets pitchforks and torches up more religion.
post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 12:29 AM

RIVALBLACKWELL's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sven Kittyclaw View Post
You have nothing of worth to say, but call everyone who disagrees with you wrong and or stupid. You make christians as a whole seem ignorant as you are.
Lol, and yet the same goes for you. @Djinn24, yeah there are a LOT of people who believe the Bible word to word. (Tell you the truth, I havn't read much of the Bible)

Find me in the forum, I'm the guy stabbing jaws.
Come up, say hello, and I'll stab you in the jaw.

Last edited by RIVALBLACKWELL; 05-26-11 at 12:31 AM.
post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 12:39 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVALBLACKWELL View Post
Lol, and yet the same goes for you. @Djinn24, yeah there are a LOT of people who believe the Bible word to word. (Tell you the truth, I havn't read much of the Bible)
You conveniently quote only that section, and go on to say all I do is call you stupid, yet I also refuted your claim in that post. Selective editing proves nothing.

Your kidding? I have refuted your claims several times now. You have yet to do anything remotely close to prove your point. I am done wasting time with this argument, when you can't provide evidence, can't back a claim, and need to resort to "your stupid".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 12:48 AM

Quote:
You conveniently quote only that section, and go on to say all I do is call you stupid, yet I also refuted your claim in that post. Selective editing proves nothing.

Your kidding? I have refuted your claims several times now. You have yet to do anything remotely close to prove your point. I am done wasting time with this argument, when you can't provide evidence, can't back a claim, and need to resort to "your stupid".
If you truly think that Christians are the ONLY ones that call people stupid then you are a bigot.

post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 01:12 AM

search116's Flag is: USA

In these tough times I would like to donate a facepalm to all those people that gave away there life savings
post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 01:13 AM
Eastern Potent

Quote:
If you truly think that Christians are the ONLY ones that call people stupid then you are a bigot.
I never said that.. I said YOU as in, you. The guy who can't make an intelligent argument, and then can't back up his illogical one.

Quote:
post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 01:38 AM

Quote:
An animal is not defective because your book says so. In fact I have read the bible (cannot say which of it's many iterations though) and do not seem to recall homosexuality among animals mentioned. So I fail to see how your "god" has any sort of stance on the subject.
Im not saying they're defective because God said so, Im saying their defective because there is no reason for two animals of the same species to have sex, they can't breed, they can't benefit the "herd" or "tribe" in any way. Here's a thought, When you see a herd of animals being attacked by lions, and you see the one that's limping? It's gay...

post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 01:45 AM
Eastern Potent

Quote:
Im not saying they're defective because God said so, Im saying their defective because there is no reason for two animals of the same species to have sex, they can't breed, they can't benefit the "herd" or "tribe" in any way. Here's a thought, When you see a herd of animals being attacked by lions, and you see the one that's limping? It's gay...
Durp, Herp derp. Is pretty much all thats coming from your end at this point.

Quote:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode