Stories of Awkward Working Moments - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-11, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default Stories of Awkward Working Moments

Have you ever had that moment were you were at work and something really embarrasing or awkward happened with you and a customer? It could have been terrible or funny. Especially during and bit after Christmas with all the crazy customers you have to deal with. Tell me your story.

I'm a watch salesmen and repairer at Macy's. One day this lady came in with a complicated ceramic watch which costed around 500 bucks.

I was busy with like 5 watches, so the lady I was working with grabbed the ceramic watch to help out and get things working. Especially since we also have to go around the case and show the other customers watches and sell them to make our goals. So everything I thought was going alright, and I was at the other side of the booth until I saw the two complaining about something.

It appears that when the person I was working with was resizing the watch, she didn't think she had to put the small parts to the watch with the main part. Most watch links only have one piece to keep them together. This one had like four. So the watch is falling apart in the customer's hands, and I think it was out of fear, the lady resizing the watch tells the customer, its suppose to happen... Big fucken mistake.

So you have a lady who knows she's being lied too getting really pissed off. I still have to fix the watches I'm dealing with. So the managers try to make the lady happy by offering her a full refund... like thats going to make the lady happy that her Christmas present was made into a piece of trash. Its still fixable mind you. Just needs to be done the right way.

So the lady who was working on it, is freaking out, and decides to seperate all the links of the watch to start from scratch. And then the customer flips out and fucking tells her to stop and she calls her big ass boy friend or husband thats like three times the size of me. And because I'm the betterer of the watch makers the manager pulls me and says I will fix it if they want to.

But the managers don't seem to understand that they are pissed off that an employee basically told them to leave the store with a watch thats falling apart because its "suppose to happen."

Basically the result is, I go into a private room with the lady and I'm repairing the fucking thing so that she can get a refund at the original Macy's they got it in. So much wasted fucking time, I tell you. And I basically just apologizing because I understand what they were arguing about. I basically just said, the employee just freaked out and didn't know what to say, so she said the wrong thing. Which was true. She was comfortable enough to ask if I could repair the watch the right way and walk out the store. I just told her, they went through too much trouble and the watch has been tampered with to much to trust. I felt bad. But hey, thats how the cookie crumbles. Must have taken a whole 2 hours to get this thing resolved.

Whats your shit story?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-11, 10:06 PM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

The whole while I read this..I expected to read "Then a space marine jumped out from behind the counter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-11, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sven Kittyclaw View Post
The whole while I read this..I expected to read "Then a space marine jumped out from behind the counter!"
Oh yeah, I forgot that part. Lol. No her fucking boy friend or husband... or whoever the fuck that guy was as tall as a space marine. He was like... I'm not taking that broken thing. You better fix that shit. And the managers almost called security. Lol, like thats going to stop a Space Marine right?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 12:07 AM

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
crap... wrong area... don't worry I'll tell a moderator... lol... fuck.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 12:38 AM

Commissar Schultz's Flag is: USA

I used to work for a Realtor company (ReMax) and we "trashed out" homes the banks have forclosed on. The people have 30 days to move all the stuff they want out of the house, after 30 days a crew comes in and we either keep or throw whatever is left away. Since it's technically the banks property after said 30 days.

Well we roll up on this nice house in the country, the lawn is all mowed and it looks like an easy job, for us that meant either nothing inside, or nice stuff inside. Well the locks are usually the first thing that's replaced as ReMax don't want people just wandering into a home they recently repo'd. So imagine 5 guys wearing our ripped up faded jeans, torn t-shirts, scraggly beards worn work boots walking up the drive way after just hopping out of a well worn, chevy dually, with a 30 foot patched together trailer on the back with all manner of tools bungied corded to the trailer and semi-offensive bumper stickers (Bumper stickers we found at a previous home) plastered all over the back. A couple of us reek of mid-morning beer, and the pleasent aroma of Cannibus Sativa clings to us. Our fearless leader, Mickey is an older gent, with a thick blonde beard, and coke bottle glasses, he's pot bellied and furry, and never has a shortage of fancy curse word sayings. He has a crowbar, and he hands it to me. I gladly begin wrenching the locked door open, all the while my compatriots are standing around and telling bawdy tales of past female conquerings. (Yes we had the key to the door, but since it was gunna be replaced we usually used brute force, simply because we could, and we liked breaking things.)

Finally the door is open and we barge inside to a fully furnished home. Immediatly the pillaging begins. As stated earlier anything left in the home after 30 days is technically the realtors, and since we worked for them and was just gunna trash it out to begin with we keep what we want. We have a method to our madness, we each claim a corner in whatever room, where we store anything we find. Well this house was fully loaded, with nice furniture, big 42 inch TV that a couple of us almost brawled over, a PS3 & XBox 360 with at least 30 games between the two of them. And the prize..a seperate room full of Detroit Redwing paraphanalia. Sighed pucks, and sticks, framed pictures of some of the greats, and rookie cards behind glass. We start whooping and hollering as we think we found the mother load. Somewhere a doobie is lit up and we all gather round and partake.

"What in the HELL is going on here!!!" is what we here next as some guy comes downstairs in his boxers. Yeah, the awkwardness your imagining right now is what happened, but a lot worse. Apparently, the guy was planning on moving later that day, he thought that was the 30th day, and it was actually the day after. We had a few of his things already divvied up, and burning a fatty in this guy's house. And may the Lord strike me dead, but Mickey had the joint when the guy saw us, and after a few seconds he asked the guy.."So..do you get high?" and offered the guy a hit of our joint.

Well the guy didn't get stoned, and we never took any of his stuff, we could have but after a brief talk we decided it would suck if we was in his position. Anyways he made a few frantic phone calls and after an hour a small fleet of trucks showed up to help the guy move. All we got out of it was some beer he let us have after we decided not to snag any of us stuff.

To this day it was one of the most awkward, yet unique experiances in my life with a total stranger. And it all ended well. We got paid for watching the guy move, and he got all of his stuff out that day. I still laugh whenever I think of that day.

Last edited by Commissar Schultz; 02-25-11 at 12:46 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:06 AM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

A couple of years ago I was in the basement of my family's house, watching the first season of Red vs Blue. (Great series, highly recommend it to anyone that wants to laugh their head off.) And mother came downstairs to get to the freezer just as Tucker shouted, 'You killed Church, you team-killing f**ktard!' She stopped for moment, staring at me but not actually saying anything while I was absolutely frozen. Then she just continued on to freezer, got whatever it was she was after and went back upstairs without a word. But lesson learned, whenever watching Red vs Blue, hear headphones.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 02:12 AM

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 View Post
A couple of years ago I was in the basement of my family's house, watching the first season of Red vs Blue. (Great series, highly recommend it to anyone that wants to laugh their head off.) And mother came downstairs to get to the freezer just as Tucker shouted, 'You killed Church, you team-killing f**ktard!' She stopped for moment, staring at me but not actually saying anything while I was absolutely frozen. Then she just continued on to freezer, got whatever it was she was after and went back upstairs without a word. But lesson learned, whenever watching Red vs Blue, hear headphones.
HEY! It says work related! lol

Well mine isn't work related either but my grandmother came over to my house awhile ago (when myspace first came out) She said she wanted help making a page and she wanted me to show her what it was.
"Oh it's the coolest website to go to. I use it everyday!"
Lo and behold I mispell the URl and it takes me to some graphic maturbating website. Keep in mind I just said "Oh it's the coolest website to go to. I use it everyday!"

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 02:40 AM

Sanguine Rain's Flag is: USA

So, when i was younger i worked at a pizza joint, Luigi's in East Boston, Mass, if you want to know . And one normal afternoon i was talking to the local alcoholics at the bar and some guy (who i vaguely recognized as a junky that hung out around the train station/Dunkin Donuts across the street) slams himself against our window. I was surprised this guy didn't break his nose off the window, and the sound was freaking loud as the screams in hell, so i was WTFing at this moment. Mind you, I've seen some weird and stupid shit in my days, but this was the most bizzare. Anyways he then backs up, flips the bird with both his hands and starts screaming from his toothless mouth at the top of his lungs "HEY VINNY YOU MOTHAFUCKA (or something to that extent) WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MOTHAFUCKIN MONEY YOU PIECE 'A' SHIT!!!!" So Vinny, who i guess was this massive black guy walks out side to him (and he dwarfs this junky by at least a foot) says "Knock it off, theres a cop over there" (in the Dunkin) comes back in and the junky just scatters....i'm left staring and the Vinny was like "sorry pal" and sits back down. Yeah, WOOOOOO EASTIE!

Life is good, most of the time...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 03:12 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I was working in a pizza place and it was the middle of winter and I went to deliever. Well I had a 1986 Nissan lowrider truck and it had been snowing, well I got to the guys driveway and pulled in. Well straight in front of me was the house, so I take off and suddenly my truck sinks. They failed to say on the phone that they had a pond between the road and the house, but I did find it!

So the guy comes out and helps me push it out (the water was freezing). The rest of the deliveries where late but they understood lol.

I have some fun Army stories I will have to type up.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 04:07 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

I once called my boss while under the influence of too many things to list. I had enough sense to know that I wouldn't be in a fit state for work the next day and thought the best thing to do would be phone up and leave a message on the answer phone.

I made the call then went back to detroying brain cells, thinking no more of it.

After a serious hangover the next day and a much deserved nights sleep i rolled into work bright as a button. Everyone there was giving me funny looks and smirking until one of them says "You better go upstairs, the boss wants a word with you."
Now worried I wonder up the stairs and see my boss looking less than amused, he asks me how I'm feeling and if everything is OK.
"Yep" I say "Everythings fine" and just as I'm about to make my apologies about the previous day he presses play on the answer machine.
"Um, yeah, is that work? I'm so fucked right now, I mean really really fucked I really don't think me coming into work is going to be a good idea it wouldn't be safe because I've broken my eyes, I think they should be better soon though, bye!"

I saved my job by the skin of my teeth, never throw a sicky while off your tits, it will not end well!

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode