North Korea Attacks South Korea! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 03:37 PM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
HAHA nice one

Interesting situation which could bring forth my favourite scenario.

Nuclear Apocalypse!
Oh feck, I'm never going to get a army painted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 03:46 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

We aren't going to be out of Afghan by 2015, no one in the forces currently believes that and we are still training hundreds of linguists in pashto and dari because we know we ain't going anywhere any time soon.

And btw our Nuclear weapons are always on standby.

Its not a question of if Korea will kick off, its simply a matter of when. This year alone has seen the biggest escalation of force in decades. At the start of the year the north sunk a south korean ship killing the 50 or so sailors on board, only last month north and south troops were exchanging fire across the border. This month they showed a US scientist a new uranium facility and now they've killed two south korean marines and injured others in the artiller strikes. It's going to happen and when it does Afghan and Iraq seem tiny in comparison. And we(the british military) will no doubt get involved

EDIT: oh and btw, siging that quote from the Baron, had me going for quite a bit

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 11-23-10 at 03:50 PM.
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 04:04 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
Oh feck, I'm never going to get a army painted.
Forget painting an army mate. You can be a real life special character in my gang "Team Heresy". We'll fuck all the other gangs up
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 04:39 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

The North Korean government seems to need to drop it's pants every once in a while and wave it's dick in South Korea's face.

Personally I'd sleep a lot better if North Korea was blown to fucking kingdom come. (minus all the innocent people)

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 04:44 PM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Put it this way, South Korea isn't going to back down just because the North has nukes. Nor is North Korea going to be stupid enough to launch at a country full of American troops.

More likely than not this is just a bit of sabre rattling to remind everyone that the world's oldest stalinist regime is still ticking. Personally I think the two Koreas will just piss each other off a bit before allowing things to settle back down.

In any event sooner or later if the North continued being pissy the Chinese army would just cross the border.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 04:47 PM

Nothing is going to happen. Lil' Kim is off his meds again that's all. It'll blow over like all other North Korean incidents.

Of course if I'm wrong, then it'll be a nuclear 2012 for us. We'll either be nuked or living in a Mad Max type world so it won't matter anyway.

I support Exterminatus.

Last edited by Imperious; 11-23-10 at 05:55 PM.
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 04:48 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11818005

We really need the end the threat posed by North Korea sooner or later...
Ended? North Korea would be little better as a smoldering mound of radioactive slag and half-melted golden eficies of Kim Jong Il. The place is a cesspit, the people, infrastructure and hence economy and people once more, would be much better off as something akin to China - admittedly still communist and paranoid; still planning to drown the earth in PLA corpses, but not such aggressive idiots, and still suckling the plump bosom of capitalism to some extent.

North Korea's ''escalation'' and ''Nuclear arsenal'' is merely Kim Jong Il flashing his punitive cock at the border.
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 05:00 PM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
What? A Horseless Carriage? You mean a Carriage that is not powered by a horse? What kind of witchcraft is this! Or is it pulled by serfs?
Not pulled by serfs, but you're close. It's actually a machine that's operated by tiny serfs locked in a metal-bawks type construct called "an engine." On a side note, it gets pretty hot in there, so that's where the term "sweatshop" originated from.

Serfs are great.

On-topic, I think (hope?) this will blow over soon enough. NK's just blowing some hot air out their derriere (see how I rhyme)?

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 05:17 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
We aren't going to be out of Afghan by 2015, no one in the forces currently believes that and we are still training hundreds of linguists in pashto and dari because we know we ain't going anywhere any time soon.
Hence why I said planned withdrawal.

Quote:
And btw our Nuclear weapons are always on standby.
Of course, but I meant it in the context that we actually might be given a reason to use them.

Quote:
Its not a question of if Korea will kick off, its simply a matter of when. This year alone has seen the biggest escalation of force in decades. At the start of the year the north sunk a south korean ship killing the 50 or so sailors on board, only last month north and south troops were exchanging fire across the border. This month they showed a US scientist a new uranium facility and now they've killed two south korean marines and injured others in the artiller strikes. It's going to happen and when it does Afghan and Iraq seem tiny in comparison. And we(the british military) will no doubt get involved
Indeed, but let us not forget that over 150 similar border clashes have occured since the Korean ceasefire in 1953 - although this artillery strike is no doubt one of the most serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-23-10, 05:25 PM
The Apathetic Sociopath

OrkByTheGraceOfGork's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrkByTheGraceOfGork View Post
What about Hyundai, Kia, and kimchi imports? Doesn't that worry you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
What are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
They're called car manufacturers.

Cars are essentially Horseless carriages.

Except the kimchi. That's a rotten (fermented) cabbage dish exported in a jar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode