Codex: Getting a girlfriend! - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 09:59 AM

Zorcoth's Flag is: England

Seriously? i am seventeen and have played warhammer all through my teenage life, most people think that my hobby is weird and nerdy (they don't know what there missing!) saying i should spend all my time playing football or some other mindless sport (not that i don't do exercise)

My point being that I have had no trouble getting girlfriends (keeping them happy is the hard part ) so just man up and as Unforgiven said grow a pair!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 10:20 AM
Triaspia's Flag is: Australia

haha yeah, i havent fully introduced my girlfriend to my hobby, she knows i ocasionally break out the paints and paint some mini models, but I dont think I've mentioned the game side of things yet (maybe when i get some time to drop by my club again soon i might drag her along one day)

the well cultured anonymous isnt just a guide on getting a girlfriend its a bit of a guide on all aspects of life
post #83 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
Get used to it my friend, in todays society, appearences are more important than personality, we may not like it but that is the way it is.

SGMAlice
Actually so not true, I say that looks are a big part, but overall, if the person you are with is even the bets looking person ever, but he treats you like shit all the time, you are not going to be with him or her. So yes looks matter, but when it comes down to it, you mostly want looks and a great personality so you try to find a balance of both
post #84 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 06:50 PM

beakerpsych's Flag is: Canada

I played dnd in the 80s when there was a lot of negative press vs roleplaying, including the belief that it would cause you to lose touch with reality, do drugs, worship demons, etc... Most of the same group still play, we have (or have had) wives, and kids, have various proffessions etc... I didn't even think that these neg stereotypes even exhisted anymore, since it seems the vast majority of people have at least played some vid games.
post #85 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 08:11 PM

Master WootWoot's Flag is: Norway

I am not fat, my breath is not that bad! I have a lot of friends (Several of them girls), and bad dress sense: No way! i always wear some sort of t-shirt, cargopants, oftenly none or different socks, sometimes different gloves, but not shoes. At the moment i am chilling in my bed (Only chilling, i tell you! And chatting and posting on Heresy!)

I am an outsider, but that's because i am different. Don't know why. Here is a list of probabilities:

I play Warhammer
I am a boy scout (Wait... they don't care!)
I listen to metal, no popular music.
I do not play 1st person shooters.
I am not a pervert.
I use "fascist" and "Heretic" as invectives.
I am not very fashionable.
I have long hair. (To my shoulders, not veeery long!)
I like complaining.
I use words normal norwegians don't know, like "Litany", "Agony" and "Demise".

Anyways, i am chatting with a girl right now (Not my girlfriend), so don't tell me the girls don't like me!

Visit my Sons of Iron log!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits
Those bloody bits websites are a pain in the ass!! maybe they could sell the same bit to multiple people and they can share it on a rotational basis, like a time share, so that terminator cyclone missile launcher you can have the first week in april, two weeks in august and random rolling weekend in December.

Last edited by Master WootWoot; 12-01-10 at 08:15 PM.
post #86 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 11:07 PM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntiegirl View Post
Actually so not true, I say that looks are a big part, but overall, if the person you are with is even the bets looking person ever, but he treats you like shit all the time, you are not going to be with him or her. So yes looks matter, but when it comes down to it, you mostly want looks and a great personality so you try to find a balance of both
I knew a girl who stayed with a guy for 2 years. They fought - I kid you not - every two or three days, and they always made up. He was a jock, she was about an 8 on a scale of 1-10, but with the most beautiful green eyes you've ever seen. Why'd she put up with all his bullshit (and of course, he "put up" with her "bullshit" because he always blamed her for their problems, like he was innocent)? My personal theory is plenty of make-up sex. I was her friend through all of it, I gave her more than one hint that I wanted to be more than that, but she never caught on. If she wanted emotional happiness, she would've left him after 6 months.

Then again, she could've secretly been a masochist, I don't know. The point is, I think their connection was purely physical and I just don't understand it. Me, being an average-looking guy, couldn't compete with the other dude in her eyes, even though I was, emotionally, much better. Ideally, there should be a balance, but I believe Alice is 100% right.

Well, okay. Now let me say what I came in here to say. The thread's horribly organized, but funny because it's on Heresy Online.

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese
post #87 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 11:30 PM

Adamantus Vespres's Flag is: USA

i Just try to be nice to everyone, eventually it gets you somewhere, or knowing alot of people and being there friend, since i have done that i have a girlfriend who i have been with for almost 8 months! :D
post #88 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 10:02 PM

VanitusMalus's Flag is: Australia

Once you get over the delusion that looks don't matter you'll be free of the oppresive idea of settling.
post #89 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-03-10, 08:12 AM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

Like people have said, A beer, a cheery disposition, outgoing and unique character will accomplish anything. (As long as it does not require a great deal of motor skills. lawl.)

I think the general stereotype amongst so called "nerds" or "geeks" or "social outcasts" is not their hobby that is a problem, but how they act in a social setting. Shyness, Timid, weird laugh, nervousness, anxiety, lack of eye contact, faint hearted, fidgety, dry humour, dorkiness, and many other types that may block or prevent a opportune moment from happening or starting any real conversation with females. Being the one to start a conversation, continue it, make it interesting and to really listen when it matters will help you go far. Looks plays a great deal in the BF-GF way of life, and having Character will also help greatly. Also understanding them better will improve your chances and timing is key!

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.
post #90 of 103 (permalink) Old 12-03-10, 03:05 PM

I have a girlfriend... but she thinks warhammer is nerdy... but she likes to watch me play xbox... so shes ALMOST perfect.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode