The banhammer! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

crisissuitguy's Flag is: USA

The banhammer!

Perma-ban is so hard to get to at GW. How do people do it? Post stories of bans for all to enjoy!

Some kid at the L.A. Bunker would always come every sunday and be the most stereotypical kid ever. He would walk around touching peoples models in mid-game and like pick them up looking at it. Until, one day he decides to ruin my sentinel and a kid's nicely painted deamon prince. So we both specifically say not to touch our models about 5 times at least. But suprisingly enough after a quick trip to the bathroom guess whats on the floor shattered into every peice. My sentinel and his deamon prince. That day the kid was never allowed back in there.

And my best friends bro tried to steal a model at bazaar bazaar one day and was also perma-banned

There's no such thing as too many crisis suits.

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, and Lolz for the Laughing god
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:12 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Apart from obvious things like that there are also sudo-perma-bans. Basically, if someone is such a total 'that C word that I'm not sure I'm allowed to use on the forum' that everyone refuses to play them, ever. I have only known maybe one or two people like that, but most gamers in my area are quite serious rules players, even though it is a relaxed atmosphere - anyone being an open cheat just won't get games any more.

All that is important is known.
Praxis
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:14 AM

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Pretty much what Darklove said, or just people being jerks in general, starting fights, mouthing off things that get you banned anywhere, I saw a guy get banned because he (while one staff member was on break, and another in depth into a tutorial game) Sold items to a new customer, right into his pocket.
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:26 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
'that C word that I'm not sure I'm allowed to use on the forum'
The "C word" is Jez's favorite four letters in the English language! He throws it around like a pedophile does candy!

Seriously though, if a person gets banned from a store, it is usually for a good reason and a welcomed action. I haven't seen anyone be bad enough to get thrown out of a gaming store, (yet) as everyone I have ever met has been really cool.

On a side note, if a little nose goblin ever touched my stuff without permission I would smack his little grubby paws with one of my red measuring sticks. I call them my "whippy sticks" for a reason...
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 05:05 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
On a side note, if a little nose goblin ever touched my stuff without permission I would smack his little grubby paws with one of my red measuring sticks. I call them my "whippy sticks" for a reason...
"Measuring sticks?" I thought they were explicitly for keeping kids from smashing your stuff. Now that you mention it, I do see some numbers on the side...

post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 05:08 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
The "C word" is Jez's favorite four letters in the English language! He throws it around like a pedophile does candy!
That is so true that you just have to get repped for it!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 05:32 PM

Saw a guy steal some stuff right off the shelves, he ran off but the staff memeber couldn't chase cuz he was only one there so he called the police. The shoplifter came back 20 mins later wearing a different jacket walked right into the shop with 2 police standing by the door.

He got a temp ban from society as he was wanted for a string of other offences XD.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 07:54 PM

KahRyez's Flag is: USA

Ehh, at our store we have a pretty laid back crew. We mostly have an unspoken rule about touching the beautifully painted models, and we have only one kid that has a habit of picking up the models, but since his dad is a player as well, he knows to be careful and ask to see them.

The closet I've seen someone being banned was someone pissing the owner off badly. And even then it was a temp ban and the silent treatment >.>
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:19 PM

We had a dude in NC who got perma banned from every store in the district because he was such a bag of fuck.

Seriously he was everything wrong with the hobby, cheater, jerk, beardy, you name it, that was him.

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:49 PM

mynameisgrax's Flag is: USA

I know a little girl that genuinely believes the 'c-word' everyone keeps referring to is 'crap'.

It's amazing how difficult it is to get banned at the local store I play at. I've seen grown men throw screaming tantrums, another throw dice at an opponent's head, and more cheaters than I can remember. Regardless, the only ones to ever get permanently banned are the thieves.

Well, they asked my friend John Blake not to play in the official tournaments, but mainly because he won too much, and less people would come to the tournament if they knew he was playing.

He is literally the best player I know though, and plays Ultramarines, Chaos Marines, and Blood Angels. He's gone to the Ard boyz nationals at least twice, and has placed in the top 10 both times. He's a really nice guy though. If you're not a very experienced player, however, he will table you by turn 3.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode