The banhammer! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:02 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

never been perma-banned from anything, but me and another guy were once banned for a week once for talking about computer games in GW, kinda pointless since I only used to go once a fortnight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:34 PM

Stone220's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
never been perma-banned from anything, but me and another guy were once banned for a week once for talking about computer games in GW, kinda pointless since I only used to go once a fortnight.
That's rather odd, freedom of speech and all that. You can talk about anything you wish doesn't give them the right to ban you.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:40 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone220 View Post
That's rather odd, freedom of speech and all that. You can talk about anything you wish doesn't give them the right to ban you.
I thought you are in the UK, your flag is for Scotland. The UK does not have freedom of speech, there are a lot of laws that limit what you can say. The UK is so restrictive now that people from other countries are coming here to use the British laws to sue people for libel.

Also, in the UK at least, a shop manager can ban anyone at any time for any reason or no reason. They are not obliged to allow anyone onto the premises that they don't like, and can sue for trespass if someone that has been banned enters the store. The only exception is if the reason for the banning is to do with race or sexuality.

All that is important is known.
Praxis
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:58 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Never seen anyone get banned myself. Just lucky that in Solihull that we got no idiots that do stupid things.

Also how thick was that robber to come back to the scene of the crime!

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 10:20 PM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
I know a little girl that genuinely believes the 'c-word' everyone keeps referring to is 'crap'.

It's amazing how difficult it is to get banned at the local store I play at. I've seen grown men throw screaming tantrums, another throw dice at an opponent's head, and more cheaters than I can remember. Regardless, the only ones to ever get permanently banned are the thieves. .

To her credit I had to read this particular sentence three times before it clicked.

Anyway, I have a friend who is fairly good with his tau and space marines who gives his brother dice he doesn't want after a lost assault or shooting phase, by throwing them as hard as he can at his brother's head.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 10:25 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Weird brotherly love going on there. And I have three of them.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 11:07 PM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
..That's um...
Pretty retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave Senrag View Post
Anyway, I have a friend who is fairly good with his tau and space marines who gives his brother dice he doesn't want after a lost assault or shooting phase, by throwing them as hard as he can at his brother's head.
*bounce* OH FUCK MY COMMANDER!
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 04:04 AM

hippypancake's Flag is: Wales

He wasn't banned but a guy I was playing picked up my converted, painted took-five-hours-to-build runepriest and threw it across the room which fucking obliterated the fucking model.

Now I'm a pacifist, but something in me clicked and I fucking dropped the asshole with a punch to the face...I might of broke his nose but idk. I was told that I was going to be banned then I told the manager the story and he just made me leave for five hours to "cool-down" but my friend told me after I left it was so that they could get the kid up and out of the store and to a doctor.

The Undefeated 13th (SW) - W 3, L 0, D 2

The Swarm (Nids) - W 33, L 14, D 0

Da Waugh Squad (Orks) - W 5, L 9, D 2

The Gunline/Gundam Wing (Tau) - Under Construction
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

crisissuitguy's Flag is: USA

what a fuckin idiot

There's no such thing as too many crisis suits.

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for The Skull Throne, and Lolz for the Laughing god
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-23-10, 05:27 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone220 View Post
no such thing as freedom of speech in any country, just the illusion of freedom of speech.

and its quite regular from my GW experiences, that was the most extreme case, but I know allot of GW stores that I've been to don't allow it, or frown upon it, they don't seem to like the fact a world exists outside there doors.

and I know soemone is gonna stick up for them and go "well its only fair you can't talk about none GW products in a GW, its promoting other products", but since I can talk about warhammer in ASDA, or Game, or gamestation or anywhere I like, then your wrong..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode