Pointless Ranting - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Rahmiel's Flag is: USA

Default Pointless Ranting

And now I rant......I work a tool store at the moment, and every month or so the corporate office puts out coupons for free stuff. Recently we've been away free flashlights. Now people will come in and get their stuff and then after you rang up the order and told the total cost then they tell you, "Oh I've got this coupon for a free flash light." Oh well that's just great why didn't you tell me this before I rang the whole dang order up. The other side of this is that some people will make a trip to a store to get said free items. Think about people you're going to travel to get a free flashlight that sells for three bucks that some poor soul in a foreign land slaved to make for three cents a year and costs the company half that to make. Insane! Don't bother. All the time all day about a hundred people come and they all say the same thing "I got this free flashlight coupon." or "Wheres that free flashlight?" It's enough to drive me clinically insane. Then after the the hundredth person comes through my and heaven forbid I forget to bag that infernal flashlight I hear this "Are you forgetting something?" to which I reply "um?" "My free flashlight!" Oh I'm sorry did I forget that wow stupid me. I'm really sorry I have to put up with common fools like you all day who cry like children when they don't get their free flashlight! One older man came in solely for that light. At the time the store was out of them. I said in the most polite way "I'm sorry sir but we are currently out of the free flashlights." The man threw his coupon down on my counter, pouted and stormed away. WHY?! There's no reason! It's just a flashlight! It's not going to save the planet from a hostile takeover by pigmys. All it does it let you see in dark places! You can live without it! We did for thousands of years! I don't think Vlad the Impaler threw a fit when he couldn't see in the dark. He didn't pout and say "Oh I wish I had gotten my free flashlight!" Stop wasting my time! Every time I get a customer at my register I get angry! I have to be polite but I can't help but think to myself, you had better not even ask about that damned flashlight. Sometimes I just want to reach out and smack the guy giving me the coupon. I've got a great idea, we should give out free hammers, but only if the customer admits to beat himself to a stupor for being such a grubbing fool. The point is the stuff is dirt cheap as it is. It's made to be cheap, but that's not good enough. It has to be cheaper or free then its worth while. Pointless. I think the point I'm really trying to make is that I HATE COUPONS!

Thank You
~The Ranting Angel

Berkswarhammer40k.blogspot.com Berks county and surrounding areas warhammer and 40k group. Club meets every first and third Saturday of the month. Stop in and meet the crew.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 04:11 AM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Which reminds me...

I called in there a few days ago to get one of those free flashlights, and its broken.

Is there some sort of warranty? Can i get a replacement one?

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Rahmiel's Flag is: USA

NO! You don't even want to get me started on the replacement we are forced to sell to the customers. Some items can be be sold with a replacement plan that is attatched to the item for up to two years. It covers ANYTHING that can go wrong. These things can be hit by a meteor for all I care. The price for the replacement varies depending on the price of the item. But we offer the plans to people and more often than not they turn them down. Realistically thinking I would spend the extra money to ensure that I get the best return on the product I would purchase. But some people aren't that intellegent. They argue "oh its just a throw away thing. If it breaks I'll buy a new one." Stupidity at its finest! Think about this people you pay 100 for a circular saw the replacement plan is 20 bucks. You break the saw, why would you go out and drop ANOTHER 100 dollars on something you could have prepared in advance. You could have paid the petty 20 bucks for the plan and been guaranteed a new saw should anything happen to it. And besides wtf is a throw away tool? If I have the option to have something broken replaced I'll take it. I'm going to send my money down the drain and take a full loss on a broken item. It's just crazy.
Moral of the story: BUY THE DAMN PLAN!

Thank You
~The Ranting Angel

Berkswarhammer40k.blogspot.com Berks county and surrounding areas warhammer and 40k group. Club meets every first and third Saturday of the month. Stop in and meet the crew.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 05:16 AM

Blind's Flag is: USA

Whenever you said flashlight, I mentally pictured las guns. "wheres my free las gun?"

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 05:53 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Walls of text will deteriorate my eyesight. I'm not going to read this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 06:35 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Ah, customers: can't live with em', can't .... wait, no. I think that's the only relevant part of that saying. My advice is to get out of dealing with customers whatever way you can. Fake a facial tick or something, so they put you in the back somewhere, where you won't be seen.

You should probably post it on notalwaysright.com
. A great place for sharing aggressions about the consumer class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahmiel View Post
Moral of the story: BUY THE DAMN PLAN!
Ah, but often I might need something for only a single job, and then pretty much never use it again, perhaps once if that. At that point, it just becomes extra cost plus, people have become jaded by the amount of extra warranty things around, often which are pretty crappy and require extra paper work. A replacement deal on a much used tool is a completely different thing of course, but people will be people.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 12:25 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

We have a "Pointless Venting" thread stickied for this sort of thing, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode