Pointless Boasting - Page 208 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2071 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-03-15, 01:53 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Joined my first escalation league. First anything with 40k outside of a small group of friends really...I've played maybe 6 games in a GW in my adult life. I opened it with a stellar 3 losses in a row, and not even just normal losses, I got tabled by three different armies. Came back for round 2 and got 5 games in: 4 wins 1 loss, with three wins in a row. I jumped from 2nd last in the league to 7th (I think, there's more games still going on but I can't play during the week, only weekends) out of ~20.

Fuck. Yes.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-03-15, 12:10 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Last day of work... before 15 days off.

Ah the 2 week on 2 week off schedule how I love you....

post #2073 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-03-15, 03:17 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonileth View Post
Holy F.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #2074 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-03-15, 06:27 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Holy F.....
Aaaannnnnnd I came!
post #2075 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 01:20 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonileth View Post
You want proof? You can't handle the proof! But I'll give it to you anyway...

You can see me at the far right of the picture sawing off some resin. My buddy that runs the GW store in my area took the pic because he wanted to prove to people I'd actually gone and bought it.

That is just evil, prepping your model of doomness in the store for all your future victims to see, I like it!

post #2076 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 01:24 PM
Closet Dictator

Okay it is yay me time, being on the slimmer side of life I have decided to try bulk up a little and added over half an inch to my arms in five days, tight work but worth the gains!

post #2077 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 06:34 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Okay it is yay me time, being on the slimmer side of life I have decided to try bulk up a little and added over half an inch to my arms in five days, tight work but worth the gains!
Care to share? I can't put on any bulk for the fucking life of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #2078 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 06:56 PM
Closet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Care to share? I can't put on any bulk for the fucking life of me!
Was looking for tips on arm exercises on the interwebs, came across an article claiming to add an inch to your arms in a week! I thought it was bullshit but figured they may have good exercises, anyway the idea is to beast your arms for a full week using multiple exercises to overlaod them then rest them for 5 days (very important) , well in the video the guy tried it and said realistic you get half an inch. So I gave it a blast and was wrecked after day five, but measured the old arms at day 7 and boom had gained just over half an inch. Now I'm no pumping iron guru, but I'm doing exercise were I'm doing 3 sets of 6 reps and pretty fooked at last set, then do a forth set with a lighter weight with 12-15 reps. As I said I'm no expert but working for me, but there be better guys on here to ask

post #2079 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 07:32 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Those are quick muscle memory gains; they'll begin to settle into a more normal size after you've swollen them.

While lifting heavy (and lifting the heaviest results in low rep counts) gets you a decent return, it's the amount of time under stress. I see lads in the gym who are bouncing the weights like they're on rubber bands. That's using momentum. When at the apex of the movement, squeeze and hold for 2.

Pull ups, squats, upright rows, overhead tricep extensions.

Also, remember to regularly change up, don't get your body into a routine. I do the same workouts, but change between Low Rep, High Weight to Mid Weight, High Reps (15 or so).

And when training, don't forget to neglect abs or legs. It's a bit different for me, as I've got to get my carcass back in working form (i love it when people tell me to train legs now i'm back in the gym and I put 300KG's on the incline leg press and smash), but I've found that when I get my legs in the action, I'm getting better shape and definition. Don't know why, but it's also a welcome rest from the continual rows, extensions and presses.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #2080 of 2283 (permalink) Old 03-08-15, 08:45 PM
Closet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Those are quick muscle memory gains; they'll begin to settle into a more normal size after you've swollen them.

While lifting heavy (and lifting the heaviest results in low rep counts) gets you a decent return, it's the amount of time under stress. I see lads in the gym who are bouncing the weights like they're on rubber bands. That's using momentum. When at the apex of the movement, squeeze and hold for 2.

Pull ups, squats, upright rows, overhead tricep extensions.

Also, remember to regularly change up, don't get your body into a routine. I do the same workouts, but change between Low Rep, High Weight to Mid Weight, High Reps (15 or so).

And when training, don't forget to neglect abs or legs. It's a bit different for me, as I've got to get my carcass back in working form (i love it when people tell me to train legs now i'm back in the gym and I put 300KG's on the incline leg press and smash), but I've found that when I get my legs in the action, I'm getting better shape and definition. Don't know why, but it's also a welcome rest from the continual rows, extensions and presses.

@Tawa , listen to Vaz!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode