Real-life Zombie Invasion- Weapons, Gear, Who would You Take? - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 07:08 PM

chaos vince's Flag is: USA

due to the fact that i'm a gun nut i'd have to figure out what not to use, but it'd probly go with the 7mm mauser for long range, the ak for med range the 12 ga for short, and my .45 and .44 special for the close and nasty. lend the rest of the armory to a couple of friends, load up my '72 thunderbird and bolt on some armor over the windows(sheet metal) throw the axes, sledges and my katana in the trunk for when the ammo runs low then head up to colorado where my buddy lives. there's no one better to hole up with than an ex green beret who's better armed than i am. as far as food, canned food and bottled water. i got the first aid kits from my stash of hunting gear. plenty of powder to reload with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 06:58 AM

Shugotenshi47's Flag is: USA

I get all the blunt and sharp objects from my house and my tactical gear and any military/outdoor gear I have, go to my girlfriends house get her and her f like 6 military grade rifles. Drive over to my friends house get him and go to the docks which are all close to me and get on his boat and sail to the islands just off the coast and wait it out.

Banzai to the God-Emperor!
post #63 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 07:09 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

If no-one mentioned it...

Jerry rigged Triple barrelled shotgun anyone?

/from "undead" the movie if you're wondering, and yes, it is ridiculous, but still somewhat cool
post #64 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 07:23 AM

SpaNNerZ's Flag is: Australia

well for myself
HOMEMADE NAPALM!!!! FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
and a super soaker
and a mini blowtorch
and im set
maybe a box of matches as well

peace out
post #65 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 08:17 AM
rgw

Paine field (where Boeing makes their planes) is literally 10 minutes drive from my house. I'll explain why this place is good.

For long term survivability, it has facilities to house 100+ people, large, fenced perimeter, I'm sure theres a generator system, security system could monitor the area, if there are break-ins, the whole place is alot of flat ground (best conditions for unexperienced marksman to take down targets as they will hopefully have good distance between themselves and targets), as well as having industrial facilities for preparing food for everyone, it also has access for semi's which could be loaded during routine raids of food stores in the area (its a generally industrial park-esque area, so semi's filled with stuff isn't uncommon).

This is my idea at least. It's less of a "how I would survive" and more of a "how I would try to rebuild humanity", as the first problem is fixed by simply me being awesome.
post #66 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 02:34 PM

Vrykolas2k's Flag is: USA

I have studied kenjutsu-do from the age of five, so my katana is a definate option.
I was 2nd in my class in sniper school, so my shooting is at least passable.
So... my daisho, .30-06, .308 AK variation, 12 guage, .45 Colt, and a knife or two...
As for who I'd take along, I know quite a few gorgeous bimbi who are useless in that type of situation except as... stress relief.

Vae victus.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your damned BOOK!"
-Patton

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
post #67 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 05:00 PM

my m-16 with full battle load, 10 cases of MRE's a pallet of water and few folks from my unit.

but if i was at home. i would go with the push mower like in Dead Alive

best Zombie movie ever

Last edited by ClubnBabySealz; 06-17-08 at 05:08 PM.
post #68 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubnBabySealz View Post
my m-16 with full battle load, 10 cases of MRE's a pallet of water and few folks from my unit.

but if i was at home. i would go with the push mower like in Dead Alive

best Zombie movie ever

Why would anyone choose a .223 (M-16) when there are soooo much better weapons out there?
Well, it'd work well for prairie dogs, if it wasn't so likely to jam, being the piece of crap that it is...

Vae victus.

-Patton

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
post #69 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 05:35 PM

this is true but im only goinging with what i got. im sure that if i went all out i could get a bunch of .50's some M19's, 249's you know the army shit we got. mount on some MRAPS and go to town. i was just trying to keep it to what i can get myself as apposed to what is around.
post #70 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubnBabySealz View Post
this is true but im only goinging with what i got. im sure that if i went all out i could get a bunch of .50's some M19's, 249's you know the army shit we got. mount on some MRAPS and go to town. i was just trying to keep it to what i can get myself as apposed to what is around.

Isn't what you can get yourself, and what's around, pretty much the same thing?

Vae victus.

-Patton

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode