Where do you play and buy your warhammer stuff? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Starship Trooper's Flag is: USA

Default Where do you play and buy your warhammer stuff?

Just wondering were every one hangs out to play and were you buy your stuff? Tell us about the store you go too. Did you learn there are the people cool? Is there any one from the forum that goes there too? Tell us about your local store!

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
~Stephen Hawking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 01:25 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

I shop mostly on the internet, and avoid ordering from GW itself as they have really REALLY not understood the Norwegian import rules.

First off, they list prices in NOK, and per Norwegian law that means they are advertising it as already imported goods. In reality, they are just doing it to make more money (it's complicated, but it means the customer is always paying the same regardless of currency conversion, and if the conversion is bad for them it "stays" in Norway until the conversion is better for them.) Now, when the goods come to cross the border, customs put an additional 25% tax on the goods. On their website, all items are listed "free shipping", when in reality they are using UPS without it ever occurring to them to ask the customer if this is fine. The last time (the final last time) I ordered from them, I specified in notes: "NO UPS, ROYAL MAIL ONLY" and still the damned package was shipped by the terrible inepts over at Unorganized Pidgeonbrain Service who don't even have employees to read e-mails.

Shopping from GW is the next worst thing I could possibly ever do, the worst being removing my left hip bone without sedation, replace it with a solid chunk of salt and poke both my eyes out with it.

I usually play at home or at friends, but every other year or so, the local gaming club is revived to the joy of the townsfolk.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 02:51 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

When I'm buying more than a two boxes or a bulk order, I'll order from www.waylandgames.co.uk. If I want to preorder I order from the Mothership (GW's website) and if its just a one off thing or hobby supplies I'll either get them from my local hobby store or the GW itself.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 02:57 PM
Classs's Flag is: Australia

I get mine from the local games workshop, hobby stores and ebay, what ever is convinant at the time. I have also got a friend to bring back stuff from the U.S for me.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Starship Trooper's Flag is: USA

Great avatar Concrete Hero!

We have a store called the coyotes den and baldo's... there pretty good. Tournaments turn out pretty good. I usually play at home.

I went to a place in Buffalo NY once that had a food kitchen and tables every were! It was so cool you could grab a slice of pizza or something and play some Warhammer or Magic it was nuts... Any one have a place like that near them?

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
~Stephen Hawking

Last edited by Starship Trooper; 01-06-10 at 06:45 PM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 06:50 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

i buy and play at GW Croydon.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 07:42 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

i buy my stuff from GW Milton Keynes, though I play either at the school club or round friends' houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 08:02 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

GW manchester arndale or GW portsmouth is where I play and buy though admittedly its been reduced as of late

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-10, 12:55 AM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

The U.S. is always a few times cheaper than Canadian stuff, even with the exchange rate. I buy through my American pals if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-10, 03:53 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

I buy from Gifts for Geeks, and play at my friends or at Games Workshop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode