Ill say Merry Christmas If I WANT! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-09, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Default Ill say Merry Christmas If I WANT!

Well im sick of all the "Christmas is racist" bullshit comeing up if people don't want to celebrate it THATS FINE just dont push it on everyone else and whine and moan when others are happy! I want to know what everyone else thinks on this subject. Happy Holidays my ASS! its merry christmas!

Also i thought these clips are just great.......(Christmas fun!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-09, 10:26 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yea I am really getting sick of all this PC crap. Its happy Christmas its a "christian" holiday why should we change the name of it so a few people are happy.
Its like when ads get pulled off the TV because 8 people complained but they never think of those 36 million people who did not complain.

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-09, 10:31 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Who the hell is saying that christmas is racist? I don't get it.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-09, 10:53 PM

Cleitus_the_Black's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch King of Angmar View Post
just dont push it on everyone else and whine and moan when others are happy!
I think the whole "pushing it on everyone else" idea is why people would prefer others to say happy holidays. The fact is, this time of year is not just Christmas, and some people do not want to have a merry Christmas, just like you don't want to have a happy Hanukkah (I assume). To me everyone saying "Merry Christmas" and refusing to think about the fact that others may not celebrate the holiday is a bad thing because of the dominance of the christian religion already. We are at a point now where it is not okay to keep squashing other cultures and religions, and the whole "I'm christian, I celebrate christmas, and fuck off if you don't" mentality is doing just the opposite, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-09, 12:10 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

So what are we supposed to say?

"Merry Chriskwanannukah"?

"Happy Holidays" is a term that could apply to any time of year. Easter? Happy holidays. Halloween? Happy holidays. 4th of july? Happy holidays. Valentine's Day? Happy holidays. The majority of people celebrate Christmas so we say Merry Christmas. If your feelings are hurt because I said "merry christmas" to you, thats too bad. I spend my life living, not worrying 24/7 about stepping on everyone else's toes. If that sounds insensitive of me, tough shit. You celebrate Hanukkah? You let me know, and from now on thats what I'll say. Kwanzaa? Same story. Darwin's birthday, or whatever atheists do on christmas? Say the word. But I'll say "merry christmas" because thats whats in the windows on the stores and on the TV. Its the predominant aspect of society, and we cant muddy things up with everyone's point of view at once. Have your own opinions, thats fine. I have no problem with that; Its not that I don't like you, its just that political correctness is synonymous with censorship in my book.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-09, 12:25 AM
Banned

Here's a thought if Christmas didn't happen then this would be a holiday time of year you'd probably just have new years eve and that's it - there would be no debate on this issue if 2009 years ago Christ wasn't born and therefore this time of year wouldn't be a holiday season at all it'd just be another one of those breaks, technically it's only rerally 3 days of it too just schools over here in AUS get 2 months of or so at this time of year as its the end of the year.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-09, 12:51 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

I like christmas
i dont find it racist, thats just stupid
PC has gone far to far
even the people that should be offended really aren't

for me its when we see christmas before december
it really irritates me
call me scrooge but before December christmas is absolutely ridiculous
after december say whatever you want or do whatever you want

I love jingle bombs btw thanks for that

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-09, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleitus_the_Black View Post
I think the whole "pushing it on everyone else" idea is why people would prefer others to say happy holidays. The fact is, this time of year is not just Christmas, and some people do not want to have a merry Christmas, just like you don't want to have a happy Hanukkah (I assume). To me everyone saying "Merry Christmas" and refusing to think about the fact that others may not celebrate the holiday is a bad thing because of the dominance of the christian religion already. We are at a point now where it is not okay to keep squashing other cultures and religions, and the whole "I'm christian, I celebrate christmas, and fuck off if you don't" mentality is doing just the opposite, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
People can say happy "what ever event inserted here" they want! that doesn't offend me at all. The saying "happy holidays" does! celebrate what ever you want, Ill wish someone a happy Hanukkah no problem! its there faith thats cool and i want them to have a happy one!

Last edited by Azkaellon; 11-24-09 at 01:03 AM.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-09, 01:29 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

"If you're offended, I don't give a fuck." There's my mentality, I'm sure somebody out there wont appreciate it.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-09, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
"If you're offended, I don't give a fuck." There's my mentality, I'm sure somebody out there wont appreciate it.
I Agree. but then we will have to deal with a few whinny people with no life complaining, Oh right ear plugs! Problem solved.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode