Favourite Special Forces - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 08:36 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Ironic how many people aren't patriotic in real life but love their special forces
As its favourite special forces
Mine is the Irsraeli Sayaret Matkal now known as the mossad

Their snipers are some of the best in world whilst any special force that turns round to their government and says we will not deny impoverished areas basic human rights by attacking Palestine gets a thumbs up from me. Their little speech was pretty pointless as it just got them thrown out but morally i support it.

I also love the charactor Stretch in the novel seven Ancient wonders.

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-09, 09:51 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
ah, you missed a word in there, don't worry, it happens to people all the time. I think you meant to say the Australian SAS is the best in the world .

Don't worry though, these mistakes happen, I'm sure you can edit it and fix it later .
yay , someone else who knows the truth, im sorry to everyone but its a proven fact that the Australian S.A.S is the most effective special forces unit

post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-09, 05:09 PM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundrinker View Post
the rangers irish special forces trained with sas and delta force
Having actualy worked with the "rangers" i can tell you they are pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale Hellas View Post
yay , someone else who knows the truth, im sorry to everyone but its a proven fact that the Australian S.A.S is the most effective special forces unit
sorry but the fact these guy hardly ever even deploy means they aren't that good. No offence but a fact coming from a 14 year old about special forces is a joke.

Can anyone that posts here at least give a reason other then they have read a book or seen a film about said group.
Having spent 9 years in the forces (an elite force i add) and having been on over 7 ops AND having worked with a few of the mentioned forces i feel able to comment. Not that i would as most units work completly differently

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 08:53 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

well a lot of my relatives are in the army and i can't remember where i read it but it wasn't a novel it was a text book that said the Australian s.a.s was the best but i geuss its probably indoctrination and school probably will lie a lot

post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 12:41 PM

lawrence96's Flag is: United Kingdom

I believe that the british SAS are the best, simply because they were the first to actually be formed so they have more experience at the sort of missions they get sent on (that is to say that they have more experience passed on in the form of training).

Plus we british were sabotaging stuff well before WW2 (when the SAS was formed) and so had a lot of knowledge of behind the lines-ammo dump destroying fun before that.

And finally the fact that alot of foreign special forces train under them shows that they are teh uber forces.

Quisnam praesumo, successio
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 03:57 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

metalhandkerchief your story sounded funny so i searched the internet to see if it is true and I just cant find any reference to it. Maybe my search fu is weak but any chance you can link to something that backs it because it that is true its great.
I searched for all history of USS Theodore Roosevelt and could not even found mention of this training in norway.

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 06:16 PM

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence96 View Post
I believe that the british SAS are the best, simply because they were the first to actually be formed
No they weren't.

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
Raven Guard saying

post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 07:11 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

I agree with Dagmire about how the forces work differently, so you can't really state who is the best. You probably have a better chance with quality of Training ?

I say the British SBS (Special Boat Service)

Don't get me wrong, I have huge respect for all the special forces, and other military forces, but it's got to be the SBS in my opinion.

Not a lot is known as they are very secretive, so not a lot of people know how Elite they are, or may have not even heard of them (a lot of people I talked to have never heard of them before)

They originally recruited solely from the Royal Marines, who undertake the hardest and longest NATO infantry training in the world. Most military forces will agree with that.
SAS mainly recruit from the Army. Logically thinking, a special forces unit where the soldiers where already elite infantry vs a special forces unit where the men were trained with common infantry training, I would say the soldiers who had more elite training before hand would serve as a better special forces team.

SBS recruit from army and others as well now, although I think they still recruit mainly from the Royal Marines.

Those are my reasons

Last edited by Ultra111; 11-13-09 at 07:13 PM.
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 08:05 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Tbh, Im not really bothered, as long as they protect us from terrorist scum etc then thumbs up. Rep wise it`d have to be the US Navy Seals, although from the point of who is most successful it`d be the SAS, plus they were the first around, although most people I know with any Army experience say good stuff about the Dutch Marine SF .

Oh and as commonly happens on Youtube I sense a '' My Special Force is better than your Special Force argument ''. mainly from Brit and American users, with a tad Israeli and Australian in the mix. Simple fact is, as much as youd love them to beat hell outta each other, they are probs good friends and co-operate well together.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-09, 08:35 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
Tbh, Im not really bothered, as long as they protect us from terrorist scum etc then thumbs up.
Oh and as commonly happens on Youtube I sense a '' My Special Force is better than your Special Force argument ''. mainly from Brit and American users, with a tad Israeli and Australian in the mix. Simple fact is, as much as youd love them to beat hell outta each other, they are probs good friends and co-operate well together.
Here Here!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode