The Increasingly prominent issue of Iran - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-04-09, 11:08 PM
Senior Member
 
jams's Avatar
jams's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: behind the sofa
Posts: 971
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
Iran is a joke, their military is a joke, hell all middle eastern countries are jokes... I say we invade and actually colonize them, good ol' fashion imperialism I say!
not a particularly contributary post and quite narrow-minded to be frank

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
jams is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 04:06 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Boneyard
Posts: 2,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
Like Israel would need Americas orders to do anything (nobody listens to america anyway), they'd just go ahead and do it and then Mossad would ask someone high up "politely" and in private, if they happen to have any more lying around

go there and say that, I'm sure you'd laugh and claim its still a joke with an AK to the head
Maybe I would laugh, You don't know me.

Also compared to America and other major players in the world, Iran's military is a joke running right behind N-Korea. They say nukes I think "Oh, like IBM's? Pssshhhhh you silly Iranian! No you don't..." Really they have uranium and they're too dumb to make any bombs worth worrying about...
NoiseMarine is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 04:07 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Boneyard
Posts: 2,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
not a particularly contributary post and quite narrow-minded to be frank
You just hate America... Communist.
NoiseMarine is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Cleitus_the_Black's Avatar
Cleitus_the_Black's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 431
Reputation: 1
Default

Well in hopes of just ignoring NoiseMarine completely, I think that NO ONE should have nukes. That sounds "hippyish" and maybe it is, but I would support drastic measures against any country trying to develop nukes (if that is indeed what Iran is doing) if the countries taking the actions didn't have them themselves. As it is, the US and anyone else with nukes has no right to do anything to anyone else.
As for Iran being "unstable," well, look at America. Invaded 2 countries rather recently, one which they almost abandoned shortly after invading, the other being invaded on COMPLETELY FABRICATED EVIDENCE. Who's to say they won't do it again? Who's to say they wouldn't nuke someone if it served their purposes? No one should have that power, and everything should be done to STOP people from having that power.

I've said my piece, salut.
Cleitus_the_Black is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 11:25 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Boneyard
Posts: 2,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleitus_the_Black View Post
Well in hopes of just ignoring NoiseMarine completely
So just because I think America should use its military might to further itself I am auto wrong? On what grounds? Provide an argument, don't ignore me because I disagree with you and your hippyish ways.
NoiseMarine is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 12:32 PM
Senior Member
 
jams's Avatar
jams's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: behind the sofa
Posts: 971
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine
You just hate America... Communist.
Communist? Well done for cementing my initial impression of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine
Maybe I would laugh, You don't know me.
Unlikely. A more likely outcome would be you pissing yourself and crying like a baby. You're 15 years old, so don't try and come over all macho on the internet because it just doesn't fly.

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
jams is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Cleitus_the_Black's Avatar
Cleitus_the_Black's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 431
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
So just because I think America should use its military might to further itself I am auto wrong? On what grounds? Provide an argument, don't ignore me because I disagree with you and your hippyish ways.
I don't know that I really can. To me it is hard to understand how anyone could feel they are justified in killing others to improve their own life and country etc. It's so petty. Just because you can doesn't mean it is right. That is alongside all of the issues that being militarily involved in countries that do not want you there brings. It brings hostility and violence (as we have seen), and just saying "aw fuck 'em" and continuing on occupying/meddling in their country is childish, and an extremely outdated mindset.

As I said it is hard for me to really put forth an argument. Hopefully you know how valuable being not dead is, and can appreciate that other people deserve that state of being also.
Cleitus_the_Black is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-09, 05:53 PM
blahblahblahblah
 
Stella Cadente's Avatar
Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: blahblahblahblah
Posts: 6,663
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleitus_the_Black View Post
Well in hopes of just ignoring NoiseMarine
well now you actually can, the ignore function is a wonderful tool, and I've used it allot myself, I praise the gods/mods for this wonderful function to ignore 15yr old boys who think they've seen it all but still haven't grown any pubes

Stella Cadente is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-09, 02:05 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Boneyard
Posts: 2,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
well now you actually can, the ignore function is a wonderful tool, and I've used it allot myself, I praise the gods/mods for this wonderful function to ignore 15yr old boys who think they've seen it all but still haven't grown any pubes
Want pics?
NoiseMarine is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-09, 07:15 AM
The Hebrew Hammer
 
The Son of Horus's Avatar
The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,544
Reputation: 60
Default

It's against my better judgment to step into this debate, but, as someone intimately familiar with hostilities in the Middle East, I think I can actually add something here.

The United States specifically has absolutely nothing to do with anything going on in Iran. Let's be very clear about that. While the United States is a key member of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, and is obligated to help make sure that certain types of regimes do not get their hands on nuclear weapons, the actual basis for the conflict in the Middle East, and the continuation of it, has about as much to do with the United States as the Pope has to do with abortions.

Iran is sort of an interesting place. On one hand, Iranians strive to be accepted by other Islamic nations, and present themselves as a leader in that group. On the other, the Iranians prize modern culture and ideas. The reason that's problematic is that in order to appease potential allies, and stop itself from becoming the target of a religious pogrom by other Islamic nations, Iran continues to hold a fundamentalist government. What that means for the region is that because Iranians are interested in modern ideas, Iran is actually a fairly well to do place in the region, and is one of the few places over there that has the potential to round up the capital to build nuclear weapons without basically destroying the country in the process in the economic sense. Because they have that capability, there's pressure to use that potential to attack Israel, which has long been the target of (and often only means of unifying) the surrounding Islamic countries.

The reason that the United States is involved in the issue of Iran is twofold-- the Iranians aren't exactly fond of the United States, since the United States has meddled in their internal affairs enough to pretty much cement them as uncooperative at best, and downright hostile more often than not. So, naturally, the Iranians having serious military hardware poses a direct threat to the interests of the United States in the region-- only one of which is Israel. The other reason is a bit more political, rather than military-minded-- the United States is the current holder of the largest stockpile of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons in the world. They haven't been deployed because of the catastrophic damage they can do. The Iranians, however, are just crazy enough to push the little red button, and what that means is that after the Iranians wipe Israel off the map, they're going to go after their rivals in the region-- Iraq and Turkey both come to mind. So, basically, you get into nuclear war. Because of their proximity, Pakistan could potentially become involved, and they're nuclear-capable as well. The reason Pakistan is an issue is that they're Shites, if I recall correctly, and the Iranians are Sunnis. Or maybe it's the other way around-- I can never keep who's what straight, I just know which Islamic nations hate each other on that basis. Either way, Iran and Pakistan are of different Islamic persuasions, so if Iran were to push the button, Pakistan might get involved purely to defend their religious interests.

Basically, Iran having nuclear arms is enough to destabilize the region (and yes, it can be more unstable than it already is-- the Muslims aren't fighting each other outside of Iraq, and even that's sort of slowing down-- it'd be real easy to get that going on a region-wide scale, though.) and that's a serious global concern, because everyone over there is willing to do whatever it takes to win-- and as much as I hate to say it, Israel included (though I tend to think Israel is justified in whatever it does, regardless of what the international community has to say about it.)

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

The Son of Horus is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome