How to combat the "toys" Argument? - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 09:48 PM

You can always ask them if they want to play a game against you, you own them hard, and still ask them if they think the game is stupid (that is actually if the people aint jacked-up wangstas who think theyre cool being retarded).

Ignoring them is also one of the most efficient, but mr. Obvious is obvious, if they get that one, youre getting somewhere, if not, well neither gains any points over the other.

Some here "jokingly" tells you to smack em down, but why bother risking the damage to your hands that you paint with?
"Youre not worthy of soiling my paint hands." <-- Bloody fun to say (Ive done the version that "You aint worthy of beating up, I find more of a challenge controlling my rage", and its EFFECTIVE)

Orkzies...
"Oh dem oomies... dey be pink?"
"No, dey be red, cuz dey be ded."
"oh... nd dat big red tonk?"
"dat be dem beakies, dey be wussies"
"dey be wearin armour?"
"yush"
"ure wearin armour too!"
"no reason ter fight if dey be ad a disadvatugh.."
"WAAAGH!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 07:44 PM

I know the army men boy. He called me a Warhammer nerd, even though he is too idiotic to get a real army.
post #73 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-20-09, 10:03 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Heres an idea. if someone that likes to rag on Warhammer, tell the manager at the front to say this when ever the guys walk in again.

"Attention GW shoppers, the average IQ in the room has just dropped below room temperature. You can now thank him *manager points to the person) with a boot to the nads."

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #74 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 01:26 AM

I was the captain of the wrestling and football team so ppl never messed with me. I was always a really good artist so ppl saw it as me futhering my horizons. used to paint them in art class for credit
post #75 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by col44mag View Post
I was the captain of the wrestling and football team so ppl never messed with me. I was always a really good artist so ppl saw it as me futhering my horizons. used to paint them in art class for credit
you used to paint 40K in art class? like on paper or the actual models? sweet either way.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #76 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 11:05 AM

Rayza's Flag is: Great Britain

best comeback would be

hey you shut up

no comeback lmao
post #77 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 11:45 AM

The modelsI also did alot of drawlings of warhammer and warhammerish things. But if anyone said anything i'd just say you lack both the intellect and skill to accomplish any such art form, and if your looking for an ass beating wait till i wash my brush to FUCK YOU UP!!!! never did have a problem though
post #78 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 11:59 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

The problem with people taking the piss about you playing with toy soldiers is the fact that you play with toy soldiers. It's the same with people who play D&D or Vampire, they are still playing Cops and Robbers, they just have more rules.
It's the same as when I first joined Heresy there was a thread about why do people think gamers are nerds, because they are!
I very nearly missed the whole RPG plastic spacemen bandwagon and was very nearly on the other side, laughing at the nerdy kids funny games. My mates got me interested in the hobby and I've never looked back.
We had a club at school but were lucky enough to have it held after school and by a teacher who was also an avid gamer.
People don't like things that are either different or hard to understand but that's part of the allure of things like 40K, it makes people feel special that they have something that the majority of people don't understand.
A good idea might be to also try and get your teacher invoved in a few games, just so she also understands whats going on, or maybe she will then look for a teacher who is more likely to show an interest. Help out the kids that don't understand the club, give them a hand and they will stop turning up with bags of Army Men or making strange shooty noises in the corner.
As for the kids that take the piss, either ignore them or do something about it, I wouldn't suggest making smart comments, it just makes you look even more nerdy and will probably result in taking a kicking!
Have a chat with your form tutor, head of year or even the head teacher, see if you can have the club after school, when you have the place to yourselves. As long as all the kids parents agree then I can't see it being a problem. We ran ours after school and the only problems we ever got was from the God bothering wood work teacher who thought we were summoning demons and sacrificing first years.

Another thing to think about would be an open door policy, if people are interested then they can come along, play a game and see what they think. It worked for us, by the time I left school the gaming club was the biggest school club, even bigger than the football and rugby teams. Being elitist about things just rubs people up the wrong way and leads to bad feeling.
Give them the chance to understand the game or the craft involved in the hobby and they might cut you some slack.
Some people will always be arseholes but theres probably more interest at your school than you think. Another thing to consider is there is strength in numbers, once you get a couple of the "trendy" kids involved you will get an easier time and have a bigger club.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #79 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 07:48 PM
Tactless Tactician

How do you coutneract the notiont that they're toys?

Don't.

Embrace it.

"Hell yes, I play with toy soldiers. So?"

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6
post #80 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-09, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by col44mag View Post
The modelsI also did alot of drawlings of warhammer and warhammerish things. But if anyone said anything i'd just say you lack both the intellect and skill to accomplish any such art form, and if your looking for an ass beating wait till i wash my brush to FUCK YOU UP!!!! never did have a problem though

cool dude. do you still have any of the pictures?

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode