Celebrities are they news? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 04:27 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haekmo View Post
paris hilton isnt famous for being a heir to her daddy,
Actually, she's one of the heirs of Conrad Hilton (Hilton chain founder), her grandfather. Her Father, Barron Hilton, and his dad didn't get on. The inheritance went to Barron's 3 children. Paris, Nicky and Barron Nicholas.

As for the others:

My life is not so empty and vacuous that I need to fill the void with crap about someone else's life. My wife is usually pestering me to get various details out of my mates and clubmates (wives? girlfriends? etc). I could not care any less about such gossip.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 10:13 AM

I too think there's a difference between people who are famous for something, like actors, or musicians, or even sports stars (I don't watch any sports, but some people seem to enjoy it as much as I enjoy watching films and listening to music, so fair play, it's another form of entertainment); and people who are just famous for being famous.

Some people are well-known for what they do; Bono (though he's a huge cock) and Madonna (though she's a waste of space) are famous for something - they're famous for selling shed loads of records. Jade Goody and Paris Hilton are mostly famous for what they are - basically, blonde and stupid. There's a difference. In the one case, Bono and Madonna have a talent (for selling records, whatever you may think of them or their music); Jade Goody and Paris Hilton have/had no discernable talent whatsoever.

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 01:51 PM

Rahmiel's Flag is: USA

I can't stress enough how much I DON'T care about the life or happenings of idiotic people (save for a few) that make more money than they should. Some things may be interesting to hear, like if so and so is set to make a new GOOD movie, but crap like whats his names kid is wearing this or rich guy broke up with rich girl, I just really don't want to waste my life hearing about the menial details of someone else.

Berkswarhammer40k.blogspot.com Berks county and surrounding areas warhammer and 40k group. Club meets every first and third Saturday of the month. Stop in and meet the crew.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-09, 03:20 PM

DAvo001's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence96 View Post
sole heiress to the Hilton chain of hotels i think.

been disowned , i think?

and for my personal opinion : i couldnt give a flying **** what celeb has adopted a 3rd world child or if someone is depresed with their meger life (translation: lots of money and nice things)
when i found out that jade was geting a diana-like funneral i was a little bit angry(translation: p***ed off ) because all she did was go in several big brothers and get chucked out of one.
all you see now on the news is " celeb on holiday in spain, our reporter was on hand to snap perverted pics of her with her children" woo nice one .... I DONT CARE.
tell me about more important issues like the credit crunch or one of the several wars going on.
Dont people even have jobs being a celeb guru. you get paid to know everything about a persons life?!!? kinda creepy and soo wierd.
(rant over)

black Templars Utopa Crusade of about 12000pts
for when you gota shoop da whoop

Last edited by DAvo001; 04-29-09 at 03:32 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode