Congratulations to you all! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Default Congratulations to you all!

I've been to a bunch of other forums in my comparatively short term of playing 40K. They've all been alright, and some have been more helpful than others.

However, I've been here less than a month, and must say that I find Heresy Online to be the best forum I've yet to take part in. Enough to actually make me want to put money into it even though I've got shiteloads of bills to pay at the moment.

This is a great community here, and I hope every one of you will take the opportunity to continue to keep this status quo at least, if not try to make it even better!

I haven't gotten the exact hang of things here yet, and I'm trying to get acclimatized as fast as possible, but I'm looking forward to spending much of my online time here for the next couple of years at least!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 05:23 AM

HighHubris's Flag is: China

i agree it's a great forum, but get those bills paid d00d, don't worry we'll cover the forum for a bit ;)

Pinnacle
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 06:51 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

Yeah, this is amazing, but you gotta get those bills paid, if you don't you won't have a place to go on Heresy, which is a lose-lose situation (hate to be pessimistic, but it's true). But thanks for your support, I need to start contributing too.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 06:56 AM

Good to know how you feel about Heresy Online! And it's good to know you like the place so much that you've started donating already. I also started donating within the first week of being active here I think.

Don't worry about getting the swing of things straight away, it'll always take a bit of time to get used to something.

And best of luck with your financial situations, always a hard thing when the bills start hitting you.

Regards,
Jake.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-09, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all! I will get 'em paid, haha!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-09, 01:21 AM

buckythefly's Flag is: USA

I second your sentiments, I stumbled on Heresy looking for a place to get some tactics help, and I've got all that and more, its a lovely place with a lovely bunch of players, It really makes 40k for me.

Specially since quite a few of the players near me are entirely in it to break the game any way they can to get a cheap victory. This place really puts the spirit of the hobby back in for me.

I'm all for playing this game, but you don't have to be a dick about it.

~Someday I'll play 7th Edition ~
0 Win 0 Losses 0 Draws
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-09, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

I'm actually really lucky that I have an amazing Wargames Club over here in Hawaii. Very laid back, and almost always fun to play with except for the occasional little douche who comes in every once in a while (fun example of one of those is a guy who came in with little green army men instead of actual Imp Guard models).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode