Any X-Wing Players? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-17, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Well @Brother Dextus if your near NJ in the US I think thats more than possible

Coventry, UK. But we do plan a US trip around xmas next year, haha!

One of the worst things for x-wing funds was the fact that most of it is available on amazon prime delivery. We have often sat half cut at 2am happily putting new ships into the basket with the intention of playing the next day when the prime delivery arrives!

Also; I really want the imperial raider. Just for reasons!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-17, 08:50 AM

Oh, also.... Battlescribe does have an x-wing builder, which I found useful. And theres some handy links below that me and the boss were using to help tailor what we wanted to try out:

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1506415857_2">
<a href="" title="YouTube (Short URL)" target="_blank">YouTube (Short URL)</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1506415857_2">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="425" style="margin:10px 0px">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="YouTube (Short URL)" target="_blank">YouTube (Short URL)</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<iframe width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PuhwSma960Y?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/X-Wing_Miniatures_Wiki

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-17, 02:36 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
On the rebel side, blockade runner or transport?
Both if you need to own cards for lists. I got the Transport first so I could run my trench run trio list and play escape from Hoth scenarios.

Quote:
Yeah thats another future purchase for when I want to have the falcon.
HotR is a great box with very cool models in it. I have both Falcons but don't seem to use the contents of the original one much.

Quote:
Seriously? Thats badass
It sure is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Dextus View Post
Battlescribe does have an x-wing builder, which
..pales in comparison to the X-Wing builder. That app on my phone is absolutely stunning; it has everything organized every way you could want it. Full colour images from FFG for every card as it gets spoiled pre-release even.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-17, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

@ntaw , I use the startactics x wing app, not only is it great for list building but the my collection section allows you to know what your options are.

On another note I got a few expansions the other day. Sadly, no Imperial Aces expansion; appears that they, along with other expansions like Imperial Vets, are in short supply at the moment. So instead I bought a second defender and an aggressor on the Empire side and a second B and A wing for the rebels.

I don't often see aggressors used, so I want to give that a try plus I now have some turret cards for down the road, and the extra defender gives me more pilots amongst other things. Not much for me to say in regards to the B wing purchase, since that was planned before, but I went with the A wing over the T-70 so that I could get myself at least one push the limit (would have been nice if I'd gotten the two from Aces but thems the breaks.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 09-27-17 at 05:13 PM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-17, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I use the startactics x wing app, not only is it great for list building but the my collection section allows you to know what your options are.
That feature is also in the X-Wing squadron builder.

Quote:
o instead I bought a second defender and an aggressor on the Empire side and a second B and A wing for the rebels.
Solid buys. Did a double take when you said you got an Aggressor since you don't have any other Scum ships, turns out they've already started scraping the bottom of the barrel for ship names since the last time I purchased a ship

Tycho Celchu is gunna be one of your new favourite pilots I hope. Him with Wired and Push the Limit is just silly, you'll want to just use a D20 to keep track of his stress tokens.

huh. Just remembered I did this thread a while back. I could probably update it with some new info at this point.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 09-27-17 at 05:23 PM.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-17, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
That feature is also in the X-Wing squadron builder.
Yeah, downloaded it to check it out and ended up scrapping the other app.

Quote:
Solid buys. Did a double take when you said you got an Aggressor since you don't have any other Scum ships, turns out they've already started scraping the bottom of the barrel for ship names since the last time I purchased a ship
Heh, right now the big thing is figuring out how to kit it for games.

I'm finding between it, the defenders, and the bomber that I can easily run low on points with only two of them.

Quote:
Tycho Celchu is gunna be one of your new favourite pilots I hope. Him with Wired and Push the Limit is just silly, you'll want to just use a D20 to keep track of his stress tokens.
Oh yeah, saw him used the other day, the player got to 16 before he lost.

Quote:
I could probably update it with some new info at this point.
Or start a new thread

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-17, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I'm finding between it, the defenders, and the bomber that I can easily run low on points with only two of them.
Sounds like you're playing three ships comfortably at 100 points and four if you really cut out the upgrades. Defenders have kinda always been this way, even after the fancy new title cards.

Quote:
Oh yeah, saw him used the other day, the player got to 16 before he lost.
I tend to play him with autothrusters as a modification, can't say I've ever had him get shot down in my games. Still has a terribly hard time putting damage out with only two attacks but is quite nimble and frustrating for people to catch if you fly him a certain way. I want to say Expert Handling is another option for him, either way whatever the card is that lets you barrel roll for a stress token.

Quote:
Or start a new thread
Not really interested in copy/pasting perfectly searchable material. I've got maybe a couple ship builds to add to the one I made that I would have to look up, if they aren't saved in that app I guarantee they aren't saved in my memory I'm behind several waves and don't play the game outside of using adapted Mario Kart rules in a race setting (this basically replaced X-Wing for me a couple years ago and uses very different ship building tactics). You could probably add more to that thread right now than I could just with your Aggressor options and likely more current awareness of available upgrade cards.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-17, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Sounds like you're playing three ships comfortably at 100 points and four if you really cut out the upgrades. Defenders have kinda always been this way, even after the fancy new title cards.
Yeah, though I love tie/d with an ion cannon right now

Quote:
I tend to play him with autothrusters as a modification, can't say I've ever had him get shot down in my games. Still has a terribly hard time putting damage out with only two attacks but is quite nimble and frustrating for people to catch if you fly him a certain way. I want to say Expert Handling is another option for him, either way whatever the card is that lets you barrel roll for a stress token.
I used him earlier with wired and outmaneuver, and while outmaneuver was very useful its pair did not help. Though what really got him killed was the lack of barrel roll.

Yeah so I played my buddy earlier. Two games, the first where I fielded a defender, aggressor, and bomber (Rexler Brath, Lt Kestal, and Deathfire respectively) and the second I had an A, B, and X wing (Felchu, Farlander, and blue ace). In both games he fielded the same squadron, three A wings and three Z-95s's (one was Airen Cracken.)

In both games my manouvering is what did in certain ships, the defender and aggressor delivered good one-two punches that took out one ship and crippled two more before the defender was taken out and bad placement saw the X wing, and then A wing, jousting with four ships.

Between the games I lost as empire and clawed my way to a victory as rebels (it was 1v5, but then I kept the B-wing close and picked off a ship a turn.)

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-17, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Moderator

Finally got my hands on the Imperial Aces expansion, alongside an Upsilon shuttle, YT-2400, and the Heroes of the Resistance expansions.

Now my Imperials sit at nine ships, including one large, and my Rebels have eight, of which two are large. Almost ready to start getting some scum, but not quite yet.

Have any thoughts on builds for larger ships like the Upsilon, Falcon, or Outrider @ntaw ?

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-17, 02:19 AM

Been a long time since I've played either Rebel ships, briefly revisited the Falcon when HotR came out and I used a very Force Awakens style build, Rei flying with Finn as backup was much fun. The netbuilds for the 2400 is:

YT-2400 - Dash Rendar w. Push The Limit, Mangler Cannon, Engine Upgrade, Kyle Katarn, Outrider

Super mobile for a large ship. Almost too mobile; it was kinda like playing the game on easy mode. Points allowing, play him with a heavy laser cannon and keep some ships at R1 of him to block other ships from entering the centre of his doughnut.

The combo I used to play for the Falcon used Chewie, but lots of people prefer Han. My 'let the wookie win' build was:

YT-1300 - Chewie w. Predator, Engine Upgrade, Gunner, C-3P0, Millenium Falcon Title (the older one)

Both of those builds (and a few more) are from the thread I linked earlier. No experience with the Upsilon ship. When it comes to Rebels I prefer smaller ships, same with Imperials unless I feel like being a total dick and running the Decimator (though I heard Palpatine got a nerf, may have to check that out). Scum is the only faction that I really enjoy playing the large ships of.

EDIT: This is what I was playing for fun when I first got HotR:

T-70 X-Wing: Poe Dameron (33)
Predator (3)
BB-8 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)
Primed Thrusters (1)
YT-1300: Rey (45)
Trick Shot (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Chewbacca (4)
Finn (5)
Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop) (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 99/100p. --

Last edited by ntaw; 10-09-17 at 03:48 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode