What happened to Warseer? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-23-16, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Default What happened to Warseer?

Their forum has been down for several days and I've heard no news as to why or how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-16, 01:49 PM
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

It has happened on occasion before, usually with little to none information before hand.
In past events the site has been down for anything between a couple of hours to a week or two.
More often than not it has something to do with unscheduled maintenance of the site or site-upgrades.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-16, 04:00 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Warseer seems to have even poorer maintenance than heresy online. Theyve quite often gone offline, Ive noticed.

At least heresy online hasnt had whitescreen issues for a bit now, though activity in the forums have dropped a lot of late. Bolter & chainsword seems to be the most reliable fansite so far.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-16, 04:17 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Heresy is near dead. I suspect that it's my fault. The other posters have been threatened by the impressiveness of Khârn. They felt emasculated.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-16, 06:55 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
Heresy is near dead. I suspect that it's my fault. The other posters have been threatened by the impressiveness of Khârn. They felt emasculated.
It's hard when you post the same content on two forums and one you get dozens of responses and here you get tumbleweeds blowing across your computer desk suddenly.

I'm willing to bet a lot of the inactivity is due to people not being able to log back into their accounts after the password reset and going "well fuck it then".

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-16, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
It's hard when you post the same content on two forums and one you get dozens of responses and here you get tumbleweeds blowing across your computer desk suddenly.

I'm willing to bet a lot of the inactivity is due to people not being able to log back into their accounts after the password reset and going "well fuck it then".
This for me

I can't even remember the email i used with my Loli account, so for months I just couldn't be assed, seemed like id lost abit of myself since I've been here since 09 I think. Only made this account because my Plog is here, but more and more I find myself at B&C these days -even if its more as a lurker as opposed to poster
ntaw likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-16, 12:38 PM

Since I've been here this site has suffered two critical blows to its membership: the Russian hack that ended the site for a month or so that cause the rep system to be completely reset and revamped, and the recent format change that saw everyone's password reset. The latter had a notice posted, I guess, and emails sent out to people, I guess, but yeah. No one knew what the hell was going on.

Loli's probably not taken on B&C, NTaW wasn't

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-16, 02:09 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

@ntaw I daresay the password reset was inconvenient but it's quite common for many sites these days. I can think of half a dozen times major services, social networks, or financial institutions have required it of me.

Though the Russian hack still seems like a waste of time. Why bother with a gaming forum?

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-16, 04:33 PM

I'm 30 and in all my time internetting I've never had an online password reset with as little information provided as when Heresy did it (ref. banks, social networks, forums as well). I didn't see the post about it and I'm on here (still) all the time and received no e-mail notification. I sat down at my computer to log in and it just didn't work. At the time I was even frequenting the admin's posts about the forum changeover and request for feedback.

As for the hack, well, I imagine it was a slighted member who ended up messing with the site.

Ah well. I'll keep tossing comments and occasional content up 'cuz I like it here but I get why people have fucked off and not come back.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-16, 04:41 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

How do you guys know that they were Russian?

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode