Boba Fett even cooler that we thought - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Default Boba Fett even cooler that we thought

ADB has posted an excellent blog post about Captain Phasma and Boba Fett. I always thought he was cool, but really did fuck all to deserve it beyond looking too cool for school. Turns out I was dead wrong. Thoughts?

https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress...and-boba-fett/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 08:59 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
ADB has posted an excellent blog post about Captain Phasma and Boba Fett. I always thought he was cool, but really did fuck all to deserve it beyond looking too cool for school. Turns out I was dead wrong. Thoughts?

https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress...and-boba-fett/
Your not wrong ge deffiently was a cool character hope as they say some retubution for the Captan phasma, did look like a cool character without any opportunities to do anything cool.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-16, 02:27 PM

Personally I'd just rather see them bring Boba Fett back.

I remember an interview that Stan Lee did once where he talked about creating villains for the hero to fight.

The reason why he always had a way for the villain to survive to come back and challenge a hero is that creating a good villain is hard kill them of and you're forced to create another good one or just create a carbon copy of the one that you just killed off.

Boba Fett is no different, he's the guy who we know is good at his job, we have proof that he's good at his job, and we also have proof that the uber bad guy respected his reputation.

So why bother creating another clone,(pun intended) to fill the void when you could just bring the character back.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-16, 02:55 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

First and foremost, Boba Fett is a character of unparalleled bad-assery. Even glancing at the EU will confirm it, but he's pretty rockin' in the OT regardless (as this article pointed out).

I hope that deleted scenes will add something to Phasma's character, though I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. JJ's all about the bait and switch, just like when he straight up told interviewers that Cumberpatch wasn't going to be Khan in the second Star Trek movie.

As for her disappearance in the movie: if she, with all her clearance and knowledge of the base and command over the troopers, got thrown into a trash compactor...don't ya think she'd be fine to just, oh I don't know, use her friggin' helmet radio to message for help/angrily demand to be released by the people that have the ability to release her? It was unceremonious and honestly one of the 'Disney moments' for me (disney trying to be funny to great loss of effect, much like when Rei says 'and drop your blaster too' or whatever and Daniel Craig is all 'yes'), but I seriously doubt it's the straight up end to that character.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-16, 05:26 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I always knew Boba Fett is awesome, not just his armour (which is the standard of badass that I measure ALL suits of armour by), but through his actions in the OT, EU and and even in the PT (If Obi-wan hadn't been as quick to react to Slave 1 firing on him at Kamino, Fett would have made his first Jedi kill as a kid).

There's a reason that Fett is my favourite fictional character (meaning in ALL fiction).

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-16, 07:37 AM

Uber Ork's Flag is: USA

Aside from the ridiculous flying into Jabba's sail barge/falling into the Sarlacc pit scene, his character has been nothing but awesome.

I'm thinking that Captain Phasma will be the new Boba Fett. I just can't imagine that Phasma died on Starkiller. I think she'll be back, and when she does, she'll be out for revenge. I think she'll be to Finn what Boba was to Han, and end up hunting him from one end of the Galaxy to the other. What else could a self respecting captain do to rectify a traitor in her command defecting, helping the resistance, holding her at gun point, forcing her to lower the shields, forcing her into a trash compactor, all of which led directly to Starkiller's destruction?

When you look at them side by side, it just feels right...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode