"Horror" movies - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-20-15, 06:25 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
What's the point of that?
Maybe he or another reader does end up watching one of the movies mentioned or reading some contrasting opinions and having an opinion change (like how I watch horror movies for the lol's instead of the scares which are pretty much non-existent).

What's the point of calling people out on pointless content with more pointless content in a sub-forum about pointless content?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-20-15, 08:45 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
So, your angst boils down to "I don't like what you've posted and decided that this is my new axe to grind."
Ok.
No, it boils down to you basically asking a question and then telling people you're not that interested in their answers. Seems somewhat self indulgent.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-20-15, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
No, it boils down to you basically asking a question and then telling people you're not that interested in their answers. Seems somewhat self indulgent.
So, basically, your point is still "I don't like what you've posted and decided that this is my new axe to grind."
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-20-15, 09:12 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
So, basically, your point is still "I don't like what you've posted and decided that this is my new axe to grind."
If you can't see the inherent insult in asking a question while saying you don't care for the answer, then yeah, that's my point.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-20-15, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If you can't see the inherent insult in asking a question while saying you don't care for the answer, then yeah, that's my point.
Dude, I asked the question and provided the provision that I may not watch any of these films. Anyone choosing to provide input that includes recommended films knew this with the first post.
I've not written off the genre as you have previously stated, but, I'm also not excited by the genre as a whole.
Furthermore, I don't know if you're trying to Troll here or if you're someone who can't help but respond due to compulsion, but, there are several pointless threads on this site as well as others. Usually, the best thing to do is just move on to the next one in the line and see if you like it better. Give it up, it's not worth your time and effort.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-21-15, 04:40 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Dude, I asked the question and provided the provision that I may not watch any of these films. Anyone choosing to provide input that includes recommended films knew this with the first post.

I've not written off the genre as you have previously stated, but, I'm also not excited by the genre as a whole.

Furthermore, I don't know if you're trying to Troll here or if you're someone who can't help but respond due to compulsion, but, there are several pointless threads on this site as well as others. Usually, the best thing to do is just move on to the next one in the line and see if you like it better. Give it up, it's not worth your time and effort.

As I red the OP. You've never seen a horrormovie cause you don't care for the genre. But after the reaction from your friends you let yourself see one which they recomended and it was shit. It confirmed what you believed. But you are still curious and therefor this thread. You gotten some tips on Horrormovies that ain't totaly shit but also much more confirmation that the majority of Horrormovies are shit. So no problems from my point of view. Horrormovies are most likely shit and it is totaly fine if you don't Watch any of those that have been mentioned here.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-21-15, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
As I red the OP. You've never seen a horrormovie cause you don't care for the genre. But after the reaction from your friends you let yourself see one which they recomended and it was shit. It confirmed what you believed. But you are still curious and therefor this thread. You gotten some tips on Horrormovies that ain't totaly shit but also much more confirmation that the majority of Horrormovies are shit. So no problems from my point of view. Horrormovies are most likely shit and it is totaly fine if you don't Watch any of those that have been mentioned here.
Well, I've never seen the "Horror" movies that were brought up in conversation with friends. But, apparently things I've considered to be more Sci-Fi or Sci-Fantasy fell under the Horror genre even though I never saw them that way.

Such as:
Event Horizon
The Evil Dead movies
28 Days/Weeks Later
Alien/Aliens
The Thing
The Hitcher
Silence of the Lambs

I haven't seen Pandorum, Cube/Hypercube, Wolf Creek, Cabin in the Woods, any SAW film nor It. Pandorum may end up on my list to watch, I saw it has Dennis Quaid in it and he usually has involvement in decent films. It, may end up on my viewing list, depending on the length, which I believe I've had someone tell me previously that It was on TV originally and is 5 or 6 hours long, could be they were talking about The Stand, I don't really remember. As for the others, I may watch them, especially if Cabin in the Woods is a parody. Wolf Creek, never heard of it. Cube/Hypercube, sounds interesting from a previous description of it. SAW, honestly, I'm probably not going to bother with this since I know it's simply hack, slash, guts and puzzles made to kill people who don't survive them.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-21-15, 02:43 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Pandorum is just a little old movie, bank on ~2 hours.

Here's the trailer I think. Posting this from my phone.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-21-15, 03:59 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

When it comes to alien/aliens I consider 1&3 sci-fi horror and 2/4 sci-fi action.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-21-15, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Actually, I think those should be rated as:

Alien: Horror
Aliens: Action
Alien 3: Drama
Alien Resurrection: Comedy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode