A Friend NEEDS our help. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default A Friend NEEDS our help.

Last week I was belatedly informed of the plight and situation of someone very dear to me and frankly I was both hurt and saddened by her situation, her reluctance to tell me about gender reassignment directly (I'm not the most approachable person in the world after all). Most of all though I'm furious with myself for not noticing the 120 post thread Zion made on her decision and not being able to help sooner.

I've been speaking with Zion quite a lot over the last few days and things her end are rough right now, it seems her family are blatantly refusing to accept her decisions and I fear for her, she needs help getting on her own two feet away from negative influences and is probably going to be pissed at me for posting this, maybe ever so slightly embarrassed by it but honestly I couldn't give two fucks. A friend of mine needs help and I'll give it the best way I know how. Through support, both emotionally and in light of recent developments - financially via a small donation.

I've sent Zion a few payments for writing over the years so I have a little paypal email address here [email protected] and want to ask kindly, if anyone has a spare dollar or two lying around and wouldn't mind helping out please consider sending it over. I can't begin to imagine what shes going through right now and honestly whatever you can spare will be the best money you spend all year.

Thanks for reading folks lets make a difference!

Jez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 01:27 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Despite Jez's claims I'm not upset about this thread. If anything it makes it easier to explain what's going on in my life right now.

So after coming out to my mother she went and did some "research" that lead her to bad info for gender identity disorder (what we used to classify trans people as having before research and changing cultural norms renamed it gender dysphoria). Basically she thinks it's caused by PTSD and has decided that I never got over my brother's death 15 years ago (mind you I've known I was trans, even if not by name, 18 years ago as of this year) or my deployments to Iraq.

Mix in her husband claiming in that I mislead the VA into giving me HRT, that I'm using a faulty self-diagnosis to avoid getting the actual care they think I need for my PTSD (which is something I already got sorted out a long time ago, plus I'd have to clear that up before HRT anyways for the VA to bless off on HRT) and that I don't need medication or psychologist/psychiatrist but Jesus to solve my issues. Oh and he has come out and said he'll never accept any information I provide that proves him wrong.

Needless to say I'm pretty much done with this. I can't keep living in a house with people who ignore reality so blatantly, decide what I'm thinking for me and just outright treat me like horse shit before pretending nothing happened the next day.

So I won't be on a lot this summer sadly, and all my hobby stuff is getting boxed for a while so I can be packed well in advance of when I can afford to move out, which I'm taking up a second job to help afford sooner rather than later.

I wish there could be a better way but right now I can't find one.

Thank you for all your understanding and I'll visit when I can.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 08:55 AM
Feed

Money's not great for me right now, but I've tossed you $40AU. I'm not sure what that will turn into in US but I'll see if I can scrape some more up in the coming weeks.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 09:06 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Christ, it's situations like yours that make my heart bleed for this world.

I've transfered a bit of money you way and I hope it's enough to at least get you a snack, some plastic or a huge-ass amount of Ben&Jerries.

Dear @Zion - I hope you know that if you ever need anything, even if I'm halfway around the world, you just need to ask. If I can give it or help in any way, I will.

Stay strong - My thoughts are with you.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 02:15 PM
Token Trans Mod

Thank you everyone who has donated. It hasn't been some earth shattering amount (or else I'd be posting about my move by now ) but even so it has made a difference. Even a little extra money draws me closer to being able to get out of where I'm at sooner. So thanks, you guys are awesome.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 03:18 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Are you anywhere near California?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 03:31 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Are you anywhere near California?
I'm in Montana, so not that near.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 03:52 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Huh. For some reason I thought you were in California too.

Either way good luck!

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 03:56 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

That's right, I forgot. Well, I'll see what I can do about sending a few bucks your way. I don't have much, but hopefully it helps.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-15, 04:59 PM
Token Trans Mod

I guess I'm not hick enough to sound like I'm in a rural state?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode