Finally an end is in sight - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 03:07 AM

Warhawk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I've spent 17 years trying to not be trans. Even if this isn't the best path, it's the only one I've got at this point.
There are always other paths. But you will do what you feel you must. I wish you the best.

"There are old heretics and bold heretics, but there are no old, bold heretics. How do I know? Because I make sure of it myself."

Wing Commander Silo Barstad, Imperial Navy 3355th Fighter Wing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
There are always other paths. But you will do what you feel you must. I wish you the best.
Sure, but I'm pretty anti-suicide, religion failed me, and therapy can't "cure" being trans. The only proven effective treatment is transitioning. So that's what I'm doing.
post #33 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 05:53 AM

Warhawk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Sure, but I'm pretty anti-suicide...
That hurt. Suicide was not an option I considered, for you or for anyone.

Look, if I'm the only one who will ask you this, then I might as well take the flak: Please take the process one step at a time and reassess it at each one. Transitioning has not been proven effective for everyone, and when you hit the last step of SRS then the job is finished. See how the hormone treatments work out first. Give yourself time to really see how they effect you: if the mood swings don't stop, if feelings of anxiety don't abate at all, or if your libido flat out dies, then don't ignore those signs and others. Don't let people hastily explain them away as "normal" and rush you through to the end.

Hate me for it if you wish, but I'd rather congratulate you 17 more years down the line when you're at peace with yourself. Right now it's premature.

"There are old heretics and bold heretics, but there are no old, bold heretics. How do I know? Because I make sure of it myself."

Wing Commander Silo Barstad, Imperial Navy 3355th Fighter Wing
post #34 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 07:53 AM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Transitioning is pretty much the only way to stop these feelings. Zion has went through Many more years of this than I have and by the looks of it making the change is the best for her. The only reason I chose to start is because the stress is just building and I didn't want to end up as an old man regretting not doing it.
post #35 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 09:01 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

3 things

first of I am going to leave this here

second,
do not discount warhawk's genuine concern about YOUR wellbeing to hastily,
I know one transgender that has Always regretted the final surgery. but still it is a minority.

it is always a good thing to second guess your feelings up to a point. and keep taps on how you feel during the process. In my own country you are helped with this, by regular check-ups with a therapist and a physical doctor even during hormone replacement therapy.

on the third,
Warhawk I wouldn't take the Suicide thing to personal. it is a thing that crosses the minds of more Trans genders then anyone should be comfortable with, especially those struggling with anxieties.

Last edited by Haskanael; 11-12-14 at 09:05 AM.
post #36 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Believe it or not I wasn't saying that Warhawk was trying to tell me to kill myself. I was saying that of the options to deal with the problem that is a common one and I've removed it from the table already.

Also not every person who is trans gets SRS (and I'm not just speaking about trans men). The procedure is very expensive, doesn't always have the best results and gives you something that is very high maintenance. I'm not saying I'm against it, just that were I stand now is leaning more towards wanting to wait for better procedures in that department.

And for the record I haven't rushed any part of the proccess. I mean I ended up waiting almost two months for a second psych appointment through the VA so I can show that I have dysphoria and not just a fetish or a case of the tumblr. I could have been self needing months ago but I chose to go through a doctor and try and do this in a controlled manner. This is hardly rushing. Furthermore I've been living with this dysphoria long enough it almost has the right to vote. The only reason I have stayed sane despite the depression and the pain it brings is my work-a-holic nature and suppression of almost all of my emotions (which has lead to me having a number of breakdowns over the year, mostly in private but still).

This isn't something I want to do, it's something I need to do.

Haskanael, good info graphic. It doesn't address that most of the regret comes from social pressures that ruin the person's life, but still good.

And I wasn't discouting anyone. Being overly blunt in my reply while up well past what should have been my bedtime considering I needed to be up before 3:30 am today, but not discounting.

Also transgender is an adjective. The correct plural would be "transgender people".
post #37 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 04:04 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Haskanael, good info graphic. It doesn't address that most of the regret comes from social pressures that ruin the person's life, but still good.
thanks, and yeah it does miss that little bit of info. very true

Quote:
Also transgender is an adjective. The correct plural would be "transgender people".
for a subject thats so close to home for me, you would think i would know that xD

learn something new everyday!
post #38 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-14, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Hey, any day spent learning is a day well spent.
post #39 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Well the appointment was cancelled because the person who was going to do it wasn't the person they said could (they were a counselor not a psychologist), so now I'm waiting for a new appointment.
post #40 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 04:44 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Well the appointment was cancelled because the person who was going to do it wasn't the person they said could (they were a counselor not a psychologist), so now I'm waiting for a new appointment.
Arse - Elbow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode