I just do not know what to think abput this one. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 10:19 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I don't think the girl you're meeting would believe the story, and I reckon it'll just come across as an excuse from a shy guy about why he's using a dating site. 'My sister actually set this up'... I'd suspect BS if I met a girl and she said one of her friends arranged it. I'd instantly assume she's socially awkward

You don't have to feel bad at all about not going along. Women are often terrible judges of other women's beauty, god knows what you could be meeting up with. There's zero obligation for you to go along with any of this.

Then again... may as well at least find out what the girl looks like (and share it here )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
I don't think the girl you're meeting would believe the story, and I reckon it'll just come across as an excuse from a shy guy about why he's using a dating site. 'My sister actually set this up'... I'd suspect BS if I met a girl and she said one of her friends arranged it. I'd instantly assume she's socially awkward

You don't have to feel bad at all about not going along. Women are often terrible judges of other women's beauty, god knows what you could be meeting up with. There's zero obligation for you to go along with any of this.

Then again... may as well at least find out what the girl looks like (and share it here )
Well, I'm curious at this point what she looks like as well as what type of person my sister thinks I'd prefer. Still, I think the whole thing is very odd, angering, and off putting.
post #23 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Has she interacted with this girl posing as you?

It's one thing to make a profile for you but totally another to go full-on Katie Drake on people.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #24 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 01:50 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

It seems a little...weird. I don't think either of my sisters would ever go that far with an idea like this unless it was to prank me in some way, but their humour usually doesn't involve the collateral damage of someone who is actually trying to use the site to find a partner. I would be annoyed, with further rage wholly dependent on how she handled the conversation of 'why'.

I'd sign her up for the same thing until she closed off your profile. I shouldn't have to point out the difference in attention girls get on these sites to guys, she'll back off quick with all luck...REAL quick depending on the description you type up on the site

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #25 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 02:48 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Your sister needs a slap up side the head to remind her to keep her nose out of your business. Something like this is a gross invasion of your privacy, well intentioned or not, and needs to be addressed in a fairly strong and decisive manner.

Alternatively, contact the site and inform them of your sister's fraudulent account and ask them to close it or you will take legal action. There's nothing like a legal notice to frighten the shit out of a website that relies on their member profiles actually being in the hands of the person they claim to be.

As for the coffee date, there's no obligation on you to turn up. In fact, if you don't it might persuade your sister that you're having none of her BS, and she might give up interfering. It's tough on the lady you're supposed to meet, but if you do turn up there's not a chance in hell your sister will ever let go of that bone.

EDIT: While thinking about it, maybe turning up and explaining the situation to your date might be the easiest way to get your account back in your hands. It has the double bonus of satisfying your curiosity about her, and acting as a way into the website. She could contact the site and explain it to them for you.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 10-31-14 at 02:54 PM.
post #26 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 02:51 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
It's tough on the lady you're supposed to meet, but if you do turn up there's not a chance in hell your sister will ever let go of that bone.
And if you're (un)lucky, neither will your date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #27 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 02:54 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Go on tinder take a picture of your bank balabce, photoshop, upload to tinder, say 10/10 would smash and see what you get.

Have fun you're divorced. Be a cunt to girls without sleeping next to miss leglockyouwillnevergetthis and still dip your wick. No need to rush into dating. Taken me like 8 years of serial relationships to find someone i'm happy with.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #28 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 06:40 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Fuck it, just take it as an opportunity and roll with it. Worst case scenario, you don't have fun, but you're not really any worse off for it. I mean, sure, make sure your sister understands that while you appreciate the concern, it isn't ok for her to open up accounts on websites in your name, but other than that just have some fun with it. I mean why not? It's easier than picking up random chicks in bars. Actually, that's not all that hard, kinda annoying to wade through the throngs of over-muscled fuck-sticks and crappy dance music, though.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #29 of 393 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 07:37 PM

Warhawk's Flag is: USA

The only real issue is one of your own personal guilt: If you do go and see this person out of a sense that you're "responsible" for their being duped, are you going to see 'every single person' that your sister lines up for the same reasons? It's kind of like letting your toddler play with matches and trying to put out all of their fires rather than take the matches away. You're still dancing to the tune.

"There are old heretics and bold heretics, but there are no old, bold heretics. How do I know? Because I make sure of it myself."

Wing Commander Silo Barstad, Imperial Navy 3355th Fighter Wing
post #30 of 393 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 04:42 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
It's kind of like letting your toddler play with matches and trying to put out all of their fires rather than take the matches away.
Playing with matches teaches important life lessons to toddlers. Matches for the masses!

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode