I just do not know what to think abput this one. - Page 29 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
Its worth the conversation.

With an eye for it to be a few months out.

Talking about things is good, and more you talk about things less they are likely to surprise.
I can't help but agree with you Uveron, but, I'm not even a year out from my divorce having been finalized, next week will make a year since I left and filed.
Personally, I'm not sure if I'm ready for moving in with her just yet. I figured that would come along, but, later down the road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 11:10 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Forgive my ignorance, but if you aren't sure you are ready, why are you?

I mean it's a nice thing, but if you aren't ready for it the surely you'll just be moving into a scenario you'll feel uncomfortable with, which could potentially spoil what seems to be working out as a pretty fantastic relationship.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #283 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but if you aren't sure you are ready, why are you?

I mean it's a nice thing, but if you aren't ready for it the surely you'll just be moving into a scenario you'll feel uncomfortable with, which could potentially spoil what seems to be working out as a pretty fantastic relationship.
Actually, I haven't moved in. I still have my own place and I do enjoy it. I think that this early on it would be a bit of a rush when we've only seen one another for a little over 3 months. I like Melissa a lot and would like to cultivate that over time so that its not, in the end, a relationship with two people that can't get along... which is what my marriage was. I'd really rather not make that mistake again and feel as if I had negatively impacted/influenced another person's life.
I just feel that going slower, this time, would be for the betterment of our relationship.
Things are working very fantastically right now and I'd like to not ruin it.
post #284 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 11:52 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Ah I see now, my bad. I read it wrong! It's good to think about these sorts of things so you don't end up stumbling blindly into a situation you don't want to been in.

At least she gets you to think about those things before they happen, rather than assuming your position on it and one/both of you being shocked later down the line.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #285 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Ah I see now, my bad. I read it wrong! It's good to think about these sorts of things so you don't end up stumbling blindly into a situation you don't want to been in.

At least she gets you to think about those things before they happen, rather than assuming your position on it and one/both of you being shocked later down the line.
Thanks Deus, I hadn't had it occur to me til now that she is putting out feelers to see my reaction to things and putting the thought in my head... or is it manipulation? Hmm...
post #286 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 12:13 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

If she is missing items of clothing it is manipulation.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #287 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
If she is missing items of clothing it is manipulation.
Really? So when she started talking about it, went into the kitchen, then came out wearing just the apron, that was the manipulation, huh? And here I thought she was just trying to be tidy with the apron!

If only I lived in a house where that happened.
post #288 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 12:49 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Jace, I think you have the right of it. Be open and honest about how you feel, what you're ready for and what you're not. Good communication is key and it can take time to build that.

As long as you are operating in good faith and aren't stringing her along then you are asking her to wait until you're ready, with the implication that at some point you will be ready to cohabitate.

And besides in any good relationship, cohabitation, or marriage both people want to be there AND are ready to be there.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #289 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Jace, I think you have the right of it. Be open and honest about how you feel, what you're ready for and what you're not. Good communication is key and it can take time to build that.

As long as you are operating in good faith and aren't stringing her along then you are asking her to wait until you're ready, with the implication that at some point you will be ready to cohabitate.

And besides in any good relationship, cohabitation, or marriage both people want to be there AND are ready to be there.
Krueger, you hit the nail very squarely on its head in that.
post #290 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 02:27 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

I was going to say something very similar to Kreuger but looks like I wont need to.

If shes genuine about the way she feels (which i doubt doubt) then she should have any issues waiting either.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode