I just do not know what to think abput this one. - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 03:55 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

Just read the whole thread as well, fair play, sounds like she's a keeper, your a lucky man.

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Commissar View Post
Just read the whole thread as well, fair play, sounds like she's a keeper, your a lucky man.
Thanks Commissar.

So, I was thinking about ordering the Tyranid Swarm and Wrath of the Hive Mind boxes and decided against it.
Instead, Orks are going to get their army started.
post #253 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 01:51 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
Thanks Commissar.
Instead, Orks are going to get their army started.
Waaagh!! I mean that is great I look forward to seeing it made.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #254 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Waaagh!! I mean that is great I look forward to seeing it made.
Ironically enough, I actually have several kits NOS that are being used for this. I've gotten some Ork stuff here and there in trade from people and just tossed it all in one box. I have what amounts to 60 boys, 12 Nobz, 6 Killa Kans, 3 Trukks, 30 Gretchin w/ Runtherders. I'm going to pick up some jets and Battlewagonz before I'm done.

Melissa wants to do a campaign with her Marines and these Orks with a friend of ours that also plays Eldar/Tau.
post #255 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 04:16 PM
Spored to be Wild

Quote:
Ironically enough, I actually have several kits NOS that are being used for this. I've gotten some Ork stuff here and there in trade from people and just tossed it all in one box. I have what amounts to 60 boys, 12 Nobz, 6 Killa Kans, 3 Trukks, 30 Gretchin w/ Runtherders. I'm going to pick up some jets and Battlewagonz before I'm done.

Melissa wants to do a campaign with her Marines and these Orks with a friend of ours that also plays Eldar/Tau.

Sweet you have a nice little start there to an ork army or a full army depending on how you set your army up. Just need to get you a warboss or big mek to lead your army, a battlwagon or two and you will be close to set.
Dang I need to live to closer I could throw my orks in with yours to just really bash stuff up good. I would so want to bash the eldar player. I have a score to settle with them.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

post #256 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Sweet you have a nice little start there to an ork army or a full army depending on how you set your army up. Just need to get you a warboss or big mek to lead your army, a battlwagon or two and you will be close to set.
Dang I need to live to closer I could throw my orks in with yours to just really bash stuff up good. I would so want to bash the eldar player. I have a score to settle with them.
Well, I have my AoBR Warboss, whom I've affectionately named Oliver, that will take charge of everything. I'm looking at possibly adding Kommandos, two Battlewagonz, two Jets and Deft Dreads.

I'll make the Eldar/Tau tremble before the might of Wwaaaaggggghhhhh!!! Oliver!
post #257 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 04:56 PM
Spored to be Wild

Quote:
Well, I have my AoBR Warboss, whom I've affectionately named Oliver, that will take charge of everything. I'm looking at possibly adding Kommandos, two Battlewagonz, two Jets and Deft Dreads.

I'll make the Eldar/Tau tremble before the might of Wwaaaaggggghhhhh!!! Oliver!
Nice my warboss is named Bob. Yeah you will need the deff dreads to lead the killa kans so they don't run away. Pretty stupid that we are the only army where vehicles have to take moral checks. Battlewagons and blitza bombers are always good or a blitza bomber and a dakka jet.

Tau are easy for orks to beat up on Eldar on the other hand...those pointy ear little bastards are a real pain. I will gladly lose to any army but regular Eldar so bring the pain to them.

Long live warboss Oliver.

Red Orc

post #258 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-08-15, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

So, I was going over the Orks I have and writing preliminary lists for different point levels. Melissa was looking over my shoulder while I was jotting down the 2K list and asked if I wasn't over-listing the number of Boyz in a mob. I told her about how Orks, which I can't recall her playing against just yet, are a horde army and they work best in larger numbers. They're poor at shooting, but, make up for it in close combat by bludgeoning most everything.

Needless to say, she looked a bit concerned.
post #259 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-08-15, 06:29 PM
Spored to be Wild

Quote:
They're poor at shooting, but, make up for it in close combat by bludgeoning most everything.

Needless to say, she looked a bit concerned.

Just make sure not ignore ork shooting it maybe poor but 30 boys firing with sluggas is still 60+ shots and against marines your bound to get kill off 2 or 3 of them before charging in and since marines love to do combat squads the lose of 2 or 3 really hurts. Once in a blue moon you can kill off the whole squad of 5 with a round of shooting. It is also the reason I like to put big shootas in boys squads. Being able to hit marines at 36 inches at Strength 5 is great.

Just tell Melissa to take multi shoot, flamers and big blast weapons can ruin an orks day.

Red Orc

post #260 of 393 (permalink) Old 01-08-15, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Umm... no? O_o

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode