Florida to California - Any floors/sofas free? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 05:31 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Hey @morfangdakka, I used to live "up the hill" from you. Right over the Cajon Pass in Victorville.
why didn't I know that? I just spent 8 years up in Barstow, Victorville and Lucerne Valley before escaping back to civilization. Glad to see you escaped as well.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 08:43 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

@morfangdakka it was a loooong time ago. I served in americorps in Hesperia in 04/05. But yes, I did get out.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

@SwedeMarine Thanks very much for the offer of somewhere to crash on arrival, but having done lots of research then I'm going to fly in much further west - near Phoenix. There simply isn't enough stuff to attract me on the eastern side of the continent to justify landing there and making my way over, when I can simply fly an extra 2000 miles for ~80 on the plane price.

So the states I'll be spending a lot of time in will be New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California. Potentially a bit in West Texas if I can justify it.

If anyone else has a spare sofa/back garden in any of those places then I'd love to hear about it! Or in fact if you have any great memories of hiking/camping anywhere in the outdoors in those states, or any activities such as rafting, canoeing, diving, climbing etc etc you can recommend me. I'd also like to potentially shoot some guns at some point, since, y'know, you can't really do that easily in the UK. Are commercial rifle ranges common/expensive/popular/safe? Assume that I have greater recoil control than a 9yr old girl.

I am, of course, doing my own research over the next few weeks but I value peoples first hand opinions very much.

I'll be flying out on the 26th November and wandering around until about the 25th of Feb.

Cheers!

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 05:13 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

No worries at all mate. The offer is still there if you change your mind.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 03:14 PM

I live in Colorado.... my favorite place to camp is in the San Isabel national forest. Mountains are very wet there so you get a lot more than just ponderosa pines. But! Its cold here already camping might not be the best option in the mountains...canoeing or white water rafting would be a bad idea to BC the rivers here are fed by snow melt and were getting snow up in the mountains so all water will be freezing cold..there's also trails that you can hike and camp on that goes through the entire state...altitude would be your enemy here..on the bright side we have legal weed and its top notch ...I have a spare bedroom or kind of an office but its got a futon in it. Your more than welcome to stay I've got a few buddies that own guns I don't own any..even have a friend with land to shoot on...let me know...and don't worry if you pass my feelings won't be hurt...

I forgot to mention garden of the gods its in Colorado springs, co(I live here).... its beautiful and awe inspiring. There's so many places in Colorado you have to see.. to many to list if your interested pm me...

Last edited by Dave T Hobbit; 10-31-14 at 03:28 PM.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 10:30 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

While I know you don't plan to go to Oregon, I would suggest you at least think about it if you've got time. The Willamette Valley is beautiful place to visit, though it is a bit wet this time of year. Silver falls is a great park for a good hike.

As far as gun ranges, there should be a few in every major city and the vast majority are very safe. That being said, if you're going through AZ there's a huge machine gun shoot that goes on twice a year the Big Sandy. I'd keep my eyes pealed for something like that, though they don't tend to be that cheap. I've never been to that one in particular, but events like this are usually very safe and most of the people you'll run into are very nice and extremely accommodating.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 01:21 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Since you'll be out west you could check out the Pacific crest trail which runs from Mexico to Canada.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 01:31 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

If you're passing through L.A. proper I might be able to host you for a night or two on my couch. Will have to clear it with my fiancee and landlord first.

However, if you're interested in hiking and national parks and such in southern California I think I can help you out. I'm a wildlife biologist and know a few cool spots to visit.

If the couch situation at my place doesn't work out, perhaps we could spend a day or two camping. I could definitely show you some cool stuff over a weekend camping trip. Maybe even murder you, too! Who knows?

It all depends on when you're passing through CA. If after Feb 15 I'll be working (hopefully).

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 11-01-14 at 01:35 AM.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 04:15 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

As luck would have it for you, Big Bend National Park is in West Texas. Probably one of the few areas of scenic note in Texas besides the Piney Woods area of East Texas.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-01-14, 04:57 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
As luck would have it for you, Big Bend National Park is in West Texas. Probably one of the few areas of scenic note in Texas besides the Piney Woods area of East Texas.
I don't know I thought El paso was nice plus I could head across the boarder to Juarez, Mexico to have some tacos. San Antonio was nice but a confusing city to figure out the Alamo was cool.

There is the grand canyon to see in Arizona.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode