Florida to California - Any floors/sofas free? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-14, 03:02 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Hitch was the prequel.
this guy!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-14, 03:11 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

When/ how long will you be in Miami Sethis? I just happen to live there and if i can swing it ill take some time off and show you around for a bit as well as put you up for a few nights. as long as its not too long.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-17-14, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
If you were coming through north Alabama, would certainly give you a place to lay your head. Hiking cross country is not something that I would do OR recommend, but if your going to do it, be smart and stay safe. Tryst your instincts, if it looks fishy, get the hell outa there.
Thanks very much for the offer Loki, are you within reach of Talladega or Bankhead National Forests? It's certainly a lovely place to hike that I could consider going to, Talladega in particular sounds like it offers more seclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
P.s. Take lots of photos. It's a big diverse country with many landscapes and peoples. Start a Flickr account or the like and document the trip. And/or start a blog and we can follow your journey as you make your way.
Good advice Kreuger, I was wondering about storage capacity on my camera memory card, but hadn't thought of uploading as I go - I may very well do that! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
When/ how long will you be in Miami Sethis? I just happen to live there and if i can swing it ill take some time off and show you around for a bit as well as put you up for a few nights. as long as its not too long.
Hey Swede, that's really kind of you! I wouldn't be staying for a long time, maybe up to 5 days? I might do some diving to progress my PADI qualifications, but it's unlikely to take a vast amount of time. Could you recommend any campsites or beaches where camping is allowed, from your own experience? I wouldn't want to take you out of work, so I'm happy to hang out in the evenings when you're finished and explore/dive by myself during the day.

Thanks to everyone I haven't quoted who've offered advice as well. Anyone more towards the New Mexico/Arizona/California way who can offer advice on places to go and things to see, if not a floor or a sofa for the night?

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-14, 02:17 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

@Sethis :
Those places are way south of me. Like 4-5hrs of driving. I'm way out of the way, but if you need a place to crash that bad, your welcome to it.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 09:04 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

You could always try to follow old Route 66 that will take you from Florida to California.

In Louisiana check out New Orleans. Houma is good for swamps and those things.

Texas you will check Corpus Cristy. Port aranas is a cool Port town.

Nevada to check out Red Rock that is just outside Las Vegas. It is a cool red rock formation great for hiking. The Grand Canyon if your into that.

California- Calico Ghost town is a cool western mining town. Other than that there is not much worth seeing from the Nevada or Arizona boarder until you get closer to San Diego or Los Angeles county. San Bernardino county does not have much in it. Which is of course where I live.

I may have a couch you can crash on for a night depending on when you get near California or put you up for a night in the tepee motel here in Rialto.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
San Bernardino county does not have much in it. Which is of course where I live.
Hey Morfang, thanks very much for the offer and reply! I'll look into the places you mentioned and see which ones interest me. You do of course live very close to San Bernardino National Forest which could easily make it onto my list of hiking destinations. That far over to the west is liable to be maybe January time? Just so you have a rough timeframe.

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 02:54 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

http://hitchwiki.org/en/United_States_of_America

You should read up as much as possible on the laws. You are going to get shit about them all the way across the country.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks very much for the link! Am currently reading up about everything and anything to do with various ways to get around the country.

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 06:36 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Hey Morfang, thanks very much for the offer and reply! I'll look into the places you mentioned and see which ones interest me. You do of course live very close to San Bernardino National Forest which could easily make it onto my list of hiking destinations. That far over to the west is liable to be maybe January time? Just so you have a rough timeframe.

I will check into possible things to do around here in January as well. I talked it over with the fiance and when ever you get out this way you have a place a stay while your in the area. It may be a couch if my kids are here or a bed if they are staying with my ex. Also me and my lady are both chefs so bring your appetite you will be feed.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 06:27 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Hey @morfangdakka , I used to live "up the hill" from you. Right over the Cajon Pass in Victorville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Also me and my lady are both chefs so bring your appetite you will be feed.
That's ominous and sort of Hannibal Lecter sounding!

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode