nine year old kills gun instructor during lesson - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Sorry Reaper we are not going to agree with your gun fetish no matter how many times you argue it.
So explain to me why games like COD counterstrike GTA and halo are so popular? It wouldn't be because they involve shooting things would it?

It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not. (you do in fact agree with me but your ego ensures that you will never admit it.) The fact remains that kids play games involving guns, it's fairly clear there's a good reason for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
I would never in my life wanna own a Gun. Why not have a law that say you need to have it locked up. Even better, you need to show you have a safe to store it. Even better, two safe so you can have it dismantled and locked up in two places. Anything less is Linda folly if you ask me. But what do I know? I only live in one of the safest country in the world where stuff like that is common sense.
Most places do have those laws, however exactly what counts as a safely stored firearm is up for debate.

Some places having them hanging on a wall with a trigger lock or metal cable through the guard is enough. Other places, require a safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 08:39 PM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
just because they don't have access doesn't mean they don't want the.
Nobody I know here in Aus wants a gun. Too much risk for no gain some say, others simply have no interest in guns at all. The one person I know who used to own guns back when it was legal doesn't miss them at all either. Thus demonstrating that your forbidden theory is bullshit. We're doing fine as a country without guns.

Personally, I would loathe having that kind of responsibility. And if you have to have them dismantled and locked up in two different secure safes, they're not exactly going to be of much use against a surprise intruder are they?

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #63 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Nobody I know here in Aus wants a gun. Too much risk for no gain some say, others simply have no interest in guns at all. The one person I know who used to own guns back when it was legal doesn't miss them at all either. Thus demonstrating that your forbidden theory is bullshit. We're doing fine as a country without guns.

Personally, I would loathe having that kind of responsibility. And if you have to have them dismantled and locked up in two different secure safes, they're not exactly going to be of much use against a surprise intruder are they?
Last time I checked your country had a larger population than just people you know.
post #64 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 08:50 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

So your logic is because kids play video games with guns, we should give them guns to play with in real life....

Like I said gun fetish, your not wanting it for anything more than to have as a toy.

Pretty much anytime the subject of guns come up, you prove how much you really should not have one.

To be honest, I have no issues with people having guns, I have issues with the fact that they are viewed as toys. This death is because it was being treated as a tourist attraction and not the weapon it actually is.

There is no reason for the general populace to have access to semi or automatic weapons.

Of course this is nothing I have not said before and directly to you also Reaper so I will just stop posting now because I don't have the time to go in circles about it anymore.

If you wish to argue more, just do a search of my name and guns, you will find all my thoughts on the mater, many of them responses to your fetish wishes.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #65 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
So your logic is because kids play video games with guns, we should give them guns to play with in real life....

Like I said gun fetish, your not wanting it for anything more than to have as a toy.

Pretty much anytime the subject of guns come up, you prove how much you really should not have one.

To be honest, I have no issues with people having guns, I have issues with the fact that they are viewed as toys. This death is because it was being treated as a tourist attraction and not the weapon
I re read my posts and I'm failing to understand how you managed to interpret my words as that?

I'm saying we teach kids proper gun handling which will equal respect. Instead of letting the COD generation grow up thinking that guns are just a cool thing to own.
post #66 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 09:59 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Ever hear of forbidden fruit? once you forbid someone from something it instantly becomes cool and is something they are going to want to get. It's allot better to teach them safely how to use something than to keep it away from them, otherwise they're going to get ahold of it and it's going to be allot worse.
Quote:
So explain to me why games like COD counterstrike GTA and halo are so popular? It wouldn't be because they involve shooting things would it?
Such a crock of shit as I've ever heard in all my life. It's the same old excuse from the gun fanatics.

I grew up and live in a country with some of the strictest gun control in the world, where a farmer with legitimate reason to have a shotgun or .22 rifle has to jump through hoops to get a licence to own them. And when they do get them they are subject to on the spot inspections to make sure their guns and ammo are safely stored in the manner laid down on their licence. Our normal cop on the beat isn't even armed. And you know what? Nobody here is crying out for a loosening of those laws. And we are a people with a far more recent experience of fighting off oppressors than you lot. We did it for 700 years in fact, as opposed to the little skirmish you use to keep up the pretence of the people needing weapons.

That 2nd amendment bullshit excuse that there needs to be an armed militia in case of emergencies that you lot trot out is so fucking out of date that it's not funny any more, and those that use it come across as retarded fanatics. And God knows that the world has enough of them.

As for equating the popularity of shooter computer games to a desire to shoot people by everyone that plays them, that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the internet.

You, my friend, have just proved that above anything else, an IQ test should be compulsory for gun ownership in any jurisdiciton.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 09-02-14 at 10:56 PM.
post #67 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 10:08 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I always thought the American's Armed Militia was fulfilled by the national guard.
post #68 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 10:22 PM

Nope and up until the mid 70's this country wasn't retarded about the whole thing. Then the NRA had a coup happen among their leadership and it has been batshit stupid since. Before then the NRA was one of the main factors for gun control and responsibility in the US. A large chunk of our major federal gun laws came from before that coup via the NRA lobby drives for greater gun control.

post #69 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 10:32 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
I always thought the American's Armed Militia was fulfilled by the national guard.
Nonono. You see, the general public has to be able to own a handgun so they can fight off the pesky totalitarian regime that has taken control of the White House. And has, you know, F-18s, Stealth Bombers, Tanks, APCs, Aircraft Carriers, ICBM Silos and Nuclear Submarines. But it's alright, because you've got a six shooter in your dresser. Or is it to fight off aliens? I forget.

And reaper, I appreciate the sentiment you're putting across that someone should be properly trained how to use something that they have a need to use.

So if you NEEDED a gun for day-to-day purposes (such as hunting to survive in the 1800s) then it makes sense to be trained from an early age in it's safety and operation. However nobody in America barring a very exceptional minority of people NEED to use a gun day-to-day. Therefore they have no reason to be trained in their use, or indeed allowed access to them at all. If you don't NEED an item that is designed to kill people, you shouldn't own it. Because obviously the more lethal weapons you have in a country accessible by the population, the more accidental fatalities you will get per year.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #70 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 10:35 PM

Reaper is from Canada, it is what makes his comments even more out of touch and sad.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode