nine year old kills gun instructor during lesson - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-01-14, 09:35 PM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
You mean Assault Weapons shouldn't be near children.
No, I mean fucking guns in general shouldn't be near kids. They're deadly weapons no matter which way you look at ti and shouldn't be treated as toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
So if I do purchase my M16A4 Assault Rifle I had in the Army.....your gonna take that from me? I think not good sir, I think not
Well, whether I could take it or not is a matter of circumstance, but if you were going to throw out a challenge like that it is pretty certain that you'd need it.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-01-14, 09:42 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snokvor View Post
Uzi is not an "assault weapon". In this particular case it was a selective fire submachine gun model but they also come as semi-auto.
Depends on the definition of "assault weapon".

A burp gun with the ability to fire on full-automatic pretty much falls under any sane persons definition of assault weapon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #33 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-01-14, 11:03 PM

Snokvor's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Depends on the definition of "assault weapon".

A burp gun with the ability to fire on full-automatic pretty much falls under any sane persons definition of assault weapon.
There is only one definition of an "assault weapon":
"An assault rifle is a select fire shoulder arm chambered for an intermediate power rifle cartridge capable of being fed from a detachable magazine."

Under you definition, a BB gun, firing plastic balls, utilizing an internal electrical motor and made of clear plastic is an "assault weapon". Even if it looks like from a Sci-Fi movie and not an exact replica of a real firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
No, I mean fucking guns in general shouldn't be near kids. They're deadly weapons no matter which way you look at ti and shouldn't be treated as toys.
We in Canada have a Cadet Corps (Army, Navy, Air Force). They are teenagers who are involved in militaristic/fitness training. As far as I know they get to fire .22 rifles and I have never herd of a rifle jumping in their hands and killing anyone. It must be a special Canadian air.

Last edited by Snokvor; 09-01-14 at 11:11 PM.
post #34 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-01-14, 11:37 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
"An assault rifle is a select fire shoulder arm chambered for an intermediate power rifle cartridge capable of being fed from a detachable magazine."
That is the definition of an "assault rifle" not an "assault weapon"

"An assault weapon is any of various semi or fully automatic firearms, especially assault rifles but not exclusively"

post #35 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-01-14, 11:48 PM

Quote:

Under you definition, a BB gun, firing plastic balls, utilizing an internal electrical motor and made of clear plastic is an "assault weapon". Even if it looks like from a Sci-Fi movie and not an exact replica of a real firearm.

We in Canada have a Cadet Corps (Army, Navy, Air Force). They are teenagers who are involved in militaristic/fitness training. As far as I know they get to fire .22 rifles and I have never herd of a rifle jumping in their hands and killing anyone. It must be a special Canadian air.
No they switched to pellet guns last I heard.

Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.
post #36 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 12:31 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I'm assuming you realise the difference between a 9yr old with an Uzi and a teenager with (probably) the lowest powered semi-auto/bolt action rifle money can buy.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #37 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 12:57 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
No they switched to pellet guns last I heard.

Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.
Why does a cadet need to learn how to shoot a bmg?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #38 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Why does a cadet need to learn how to shoot a bmg?
.22's count as a BMG? who knew.
post #39 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
That is the definition of an "assault rifle" not an "assault weapon"

"An assault weapon is any of various semi or fully automatic firearms, especially assault rifles but not exclusively"
By the definition of the "assault rifle" the "assault weapon" can not be "semi-auto" especially if no any other distinctive characteristics are given.

Quote:
No they switched to pellet guns last I heard. Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.
In my time, some of the senior cadets were also trained on C7A1 and went with my battalion for yearly shooting qualification to the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm assuming you realise the difference between a 9yr old with an Uzi and a teenager with (probably) the lowest powered semi-auto/bolt action rifle money can buy.
I know the difference, it's Serpion5 who thinks that kids and "fucking guns in general" shouldn't be together.

Last edited by Snokvor; 09-02-14 at 03:19 AM.
post #40 of 136 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 03:18 AM

Quote:
.22's count as a BMG? who knew.
He is from UK. They are only allowed side by side shotguns there as everything else is an "assault weapon". It's our future if the Liberals win again in the federal election. As much as I hate Harper and his buddies at least they were smart enough to bring down the moronic gun registry for the non-restricted class. The only thing I am jealous of UK is their law allowing them the use of sound suppressors for "health reasons and the elimination of noise pollution".
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode