What does your family think of Warhammer 40k - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:55 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

they dont care a bit, wich suits me just fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 10:03 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

So how about you, @Ninjaz ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 01:04 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Family didn't care.
I never did the 40kays at school (the game didn't exist until AFTER I finished High School). Even then, it was my own money that I bought stuff with. I never got gifts of gaming stuff - and gift money went on other things. My dad and brother were into sports and probably thought it was a stupid hobby. TBH, I never actually cared much for their opinions.

My wife, however, whilst she thinks my hobby is nerdy - is not otherwise derisive of it.
She actively supports me in my hooby, though. It's important for us to have separate hobbies, so we can each have our "me" time.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 05:44 AM

Loran's Flag is: Finland

The gf thinks it's "sweet" that I have a hobby that requires me to play around with little toy soldiers and tanks :D The amount of models and hobby stuff that I've got does worm it's way into the occasional comment, but on a general level she is happy that I've got a hobby of my own. And especially so, when considering the possible alternative to spending money that so many of our age group does a lot of: Drinking

As for the family, they're cool with it. Dad does occasionally question the costs and number of models, especially now that we've just moved to a new apartment with the gf, and all of the boxes are still mostly unpacked. There is a somewhat frighteningly large number of boxes that have "Miniatures" written onto them :D But still, everyone's happy with the hobby. My brother used to play, and he's still got a number of Eldar models, despite not having played a game since the fourth edition

- Loran
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 01:31 AM

Funny story with that. When I was a teenager (in th 80s) my aunt would always preach about the evils of RP games and stuff like that (when I was at her house she wouldn't let me watch the D&D cartoon!) I told her that there was nothing to that, and that if your biggest problem is that your kid WANTS TO READ than you shouldn't complain.

Anyway, one day I am leaving with my friend and he turns to me with my aunt within earshot and says "Hey, you did remember to bring 'The lost and the Damned'" and "Slaves to Darkness" didn't you?

Lost the moral high ground after that one, and it wasn't worth trying to explain.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 09:48 PM

bobg's Flag is: England

Mine doesn't really care, it's just that game I play occasionally.

One of my brothers has an army, but last I knew they were still unpainted and barely used.

Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;

Rule 66: the cake is a lie
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-14, 04:00 AM

Another kind of funny thing with 40k is that my mother did not get it at all. When I was a teenager and she would give me crap out playing with my "army men". I didn't give her the satisfaction of winning by admitting I was immature - I took it one step further. I started calling 40k "Monster War".
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-14, 04:59 AM

Samules's Flag is: USA

Eh, it's just one of many nerdy hobbies I have that I picked up when I lost a D&D group. It was pretty par for the course. My friends (who don't play warhammer themselves) don't find it odd and I taught a couple of them to paint with a few spare minis.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 10:14 PM
Craw-Daddy

Interestingly enough they were supportive. They liked the artistic aspect of it back when I was in high school. Even at times when I underperformed in high school that was one thing they never restricted me from doing.

I noticed some parents seemed to hate it. A few times some kids would buy Warhammer products and leave and their parents would come back and yell at the guy at the counter and force them to refund it. Thinking about it, its interesting how older people get away with it and when younger people really need a refund because of a defect or an exchange the people give a lot of shit. I remember some parents getting mad at their kids for just looking or walking into the store. I was quite surprised. Not sure why some weird parents act like that.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-20-14, 10:37 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Your digital demeanor is far more intellectual in terms of theoretical conceptual analysis, and in employing a very fluid like paradigm that is not too restricted by societal conditioning.

In other words I find you to be very enjoyable to communicate with, and to be far smarter than most sixteen year old humans.
It means you us big words, and Lux is trying to sound smart by typing words into a thesaurus.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Tags
family , warhammer , what does family think

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode