American Muscle car help - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 02:46 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

What do you do for work?

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 04:43 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

The rally redline is a good one but as others have said the V8 is needed to move the full sized body along.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

The v8 all the way. To me it wouldn't be complete unless it had one. What's the top speed like in these cars. You can never really trust the manufacturer. Also what's it like for reliability. Would you recommend them ye.

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Commissar View Post
The v8 all the way. To me it wouldn't be complete unless it had one. What's the top speed like in these cars. You can never really trust the manufacturer. Also what's it like for reliability. Would you recommend them ye.
As of right now I am, yes, recommending the car.
I've driven the 6 and all models of the 8 and like them all. The V6 is not as underrated as some may suggest, it'll move that cars fat ass all over the road without a problem, after all this isn't a 90's under-powered Mustang or Camaro V6 under the hood.
I like the car, my friends who have one like theirs too. Design-wise, this is the closest to a 60's/70's muscle car you can get. Just pick your flavour and go.
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

dont suppose you know where you can get one cheaper then from the manufacturer. Like some sight or something. Some site or something. Also what kind do you have and what package.

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Commissar View Post
dont suppose you know where you can get one cheaper then from the manufacturer. Like some sight or something. Some site or something. Also what kind do you have and what package.
Unless you buy it used, I do not know of a place that sells it below retail unless a dealership is running a promotion or factory rebates.
I currently have a 2010 V6. Like I said, it moves and this is after owning V8 Mustangs, Camaros, and Firebirds over the years. I got the 6 over the 8 due to not wanting to pay out the ass for Z-rated tires and the slight increase in insurance. Mine is a daily driver with over 100K miles and I bought it brand new. To say the least, I love this car.
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 10:44 PM

Fire Lord's Flag is: USA

I also agree, these cars are nice. But, they are pretty heavy. Go with the V8. Even still, it won't be the fastest off the line. But if you just want the look and feel, you should be happy with it.

It's funny when you state a fact to the haters. They always bite.
Haters gonna hate.
Born FREE, Live FREE, Die FREE. No substitute. Never surrender.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-14, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Ye no hope of drag racing on Irish roads I'm afraid. Sound, thanks lads

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-14, 02:00 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
What do you do for work?
I rent cars. Everything from a Fiat 500 up to Panamaras and Ferrari Californias. I make sure I drive everything at least once before I rent it out.

The car's nice if you need a big car and want the muscle look. If you're looking for performance there are better options out there, but it's still a fine machine in it's own right. To use as a daily driver it may be the "best" of the American Muscle cars.
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-22-14, 12:09 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Depends on what your looking for Irish? Do you want a badass American Muscle car that you can drive around and show off, or do you want a cool car that is economical?

Here in the good old U.S of A it really is between the people who can afford "Gas Guzzler's" and Economically sound vehicles. Most good/fancy American cars will suck your wallet dry so make sure your not making insane drives around everywhere or wiping it up and down the road too often. Otherwise you'll find yourself broke. On the flip side theire are some really nice Economically sound cars that can save your wallet and still look good. Additionally it really comes down to what car dealership you trust. Me being a Chevrolet/Ford guy here are a few I recommend.

1. http://www.quirkchevy.com/new/Chevro...4974ebbb9f.htm

Now this bad boy is Chevrolet's latest and greatest Muscle Car creation with all the gismos and gadgets you could think of. 17 City and 28 Highway it's heavy on gas but makes up for it inpower with the VVT V6 engine(323 horsepwoer baby), Speed Control, and Telescope Steering. Plus it has a built in phone system, Wireless router for Bluetooth, MP3/iPod hook up, and serious speaker systems. Manual or Auto Tranny this car has good reviews for handling, but you'd have to see bout parts as your in Ireland and I'm unsure the shipping costs for replacements parts. Overall good car, drove my buddies last year and so badly want one.

Plus it's famous cousin, the 2010 Camareo, was featured in Transformers if you want something notable for your Nerd freinds. ;)

2. http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/trim/gt/

The Ford Mustang GT series, a truely American car for a truely American experience This beasty runs on an OP 5.0 V8 engine that torgues it right off the road(and burns series rubber real fast according to my freind). Definitly high price, but if you can afford it this car will make all your buddies at the local Pub start goi9ng teary eye'd and fully jelous. This car is more about performance than luxury, but still has your standard Stero's, iPod/MP3 ports, all the comforts of a car, and a customizable sun room if you pay for it. Only a 2DS so not alot of packing/passanger room but still worth looking into.

It's younger brother the Shelby GT500 is famous for being one of the fastest Muscle cars out there, and if power and speed is what you need I'd start there.

3. http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-stingray.html

Another pick from the modern Muscle Cars of the day this car emphasizes luxury and speed over performance. Shitty gas milage and not nearly as much torgue as the previous mentioed cars, but it still can meet the Need for Speed. Plus this thing is quiet when you want it to be, and my freind the mechanic says it's easier to replace on parts than the Camareo's and other Muscle cars. Good Interior with basic designs, and a customizable Roof and Stero system.

These are my Top picks based on my driving experience and chatting last night with freind's who deal with these cars on a daily issue. TBH Irish you need to ask yourself how much your willing to spend, and if you want a Modern Muscle vs Classic Muscle Car. Both are relatively expensive either way, but Classic's tend to be cheaper and you can often find independant buyers looking to off their cars for a bit of cash. If you have the expertise, or a freind with the same, you could buy a used model and fix her up as a side project. Best of luck though mate, hope you find something to your liking.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Last edited by emporershand89; 03-22-14 at 12:31 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode