Can I please bitch slap the nosey and sticky fingered? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Default Can I please bitch slap the nosey and sticky fingered?

So, I received a written warning today at work for the wallpaper on my phone. The thing is, I don't loan my phone to anyone and I'm not sure how this happened other than someone was looking over my shoulder while I've used it at lunch, which I'm not in the building for. My wallpaper is Lucy V and looks like this.

I even asked what my wallpaper on my phone looked like and asked for a description. My super couldn't provide one and responded with "We've been informed that its exceedingly vulgar and that's enough. I dont need to see it."
This is a serious Wtf situation and I could use some advice before I approach human resources.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 04:28 PM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

well in my mind..2 things..1: if they dont have physical evidence then it is hearsay so they have no grounds. 2: if you are out side the company again they have no grounds...so i wouldve told your super to pull his head in
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 04:29 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Someone could just be trolling you too, saying that you have a wallpaper that is much more vulgar than it is.

Also your supervisor sucks by not wanting to confirm things with you or get actual evidence over some apparent "tip" they got that you have a "vulgar wallpaper" on your phone.
post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 04:35 PM

Go find the staff rules and check procedures - eg, do you have to have a 3 verbal warnings before a written one?
Which clause in your contract are they using to justify this written warning?
And lastly, ask them for proof of your misconduct.
Fatmantis was bang on when he called it hearsay.

Edit:Are you in a union? Can you speak to a union rep?

Can you raise this with someone higher than your immediate supervisor?

Last edited by Gret79; 03-19-14 at 04:40 PM.
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 05:05 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

This is obviously a troll coworker. let's hope they don't follow you home, watch you masturbating and report the boss. 'cause, actually, that is what has happened. if there is no clause in your contract that forbids you to use "vulgar" wallpapers on your phone (?????), i think your boss is somewhat ...easily fooled around? Also, if this has not happened inside the company building...what's the problem?
moreover, this is just hearsay. only in china you get written warnings for an hearsay.
let's hope next time someone doesn't report to the boss that you smuggle drugs, or you will be in serious problems...
I'd be pretty pissed off. Manage this in a polite manner and i think everyone will know who is the "vuolgar" guy.
i second that: Can you raise this with someone higher than your immediate supervisor?
P.s. pretty gal, btw.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 05:10 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
1: if they dont have physical evidence then it is hearsay so they have no grounds.
You have everything you need right here. If the complaint is legit, approach them and demand proof of the claim, or remove the strike against you.

Simple as that.
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

I just checked this after returning from HR. Apparently, had received 3 verbal warnings last week for reading at my desk during business hours of 10:45 through 12. I fully admitted to the guilt of reading... a procedure manual, which was in the picture that was taken by a coworker (the likes of which I know who at this time, the super) with an obvious FISERV logo on the cover of the material. I also surrendered my phone, which the HR rep opened, looked at the wallpaper and then promptly ask the super to describe it. She couldn't. The rep dismissed me and said they were dropping things not only because there is zero evidence, but, because there are not legitimate grounds for misunderstanding what I was reading nor the fact that my phone doesn't have anything on it worse than what is found in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

Some people are just off.
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 06:09 PM

Good to hear things worked out for you.

This is why I prefer working construction.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 06:12 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Good, man. Next time you might want to get a couple of rabid raccons and set them free in those people houses, nighttime, that is.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-14, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Well, the thing is, I have no clue what the grounds for this was. The photos were completely stupid as I'm holding the same tech manual I'm required to have for my job. If it were a Codex for GW then I could admit to the guilt to derping around on the job, but, red cover with large gold embossed letters makes it obvious what I'm reading. Secondly, I never signed the verbal warnings receipts nor presented with them. Third, poor Lucy isn't even vulgar in appearance... in that pic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode