Georgia Teen Shot and Killed After Cop Mistakes Wii Controller for gun. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Default Georgia Teen Shot and Killed After Cop Mistakes Wii Controller for gun.

Do I really have to write anymore?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lding-gun.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 08:23 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Jeezum Crow that is horrible. Having gone through Air Force JROTC and OCS I feel for his families loss; as well as this country. Found it funny how they left out the "JROTC" in the article though. Still that being said lets wait till all the facts were on the table before we judge how things really were. Many times in these cases the people blamed for making a mistake often responded when the "innocent" party acted in a dangerous/threatening manor.

In any case this should send a clear message to everyone. Don't answer the front door for a Police Officer with anything partially resembling a gun. BB/Wii Remote or not. Still I feel for the Cop because if the Emotional damage doesn't eat away at her then the courts and the raging parents will. Like the "Zimmerman vs Trevon" case she will porbably be found not guilty; but her career is in tatters.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 12:53 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

From reading that, I feel that there is just so much left out to form a true opinion.
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 01:14 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

:: sees another gun violence in the US thread, wanders back off because it will be pointless to discuss like all prior threads of similar nature ::

WNCE was shitcanned to discourage shit threads like this.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 06:53 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

What a shame. Poor kid had a whole life to look forward to.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 06:57 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Sucks for all concerned.

However;

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
:: sees another gun violence in the US thread, wanders back off because it will be pointless to discuss like all prior threads of similar nature ::

WNCE was shitcanned to discourage shit threads like this.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Jeezum Crow that is horrible. Having gone through Air Force JROTC and OCS I feel for his families loss; as well as this country. Found it funny how they left out the "JROTC" in the article though. Still that being said lets wait till all the facts were on the table before we judge how things really were. Many times in these cases the people blamed for making a mistake often responded when the "innocent" party acted in a dangerous/threatening manor.

In any case this should send a clear message to everyone. Don't answer the front door for a Police Officer with anything partially resembling a gun. BB/Wii Remote or not. Still I feel for the Cop because if the Emotional damage doesn't eat away at her then the courts and the raging parents will. Like the "Zimmerman vs Trevon" case she will porbably be found not guilty; but her career is in tatters.
Really? so I'm to answer the door with my hands on my head just so I don't get shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Sucks for all concerned.

However;

This.
It's a cop who killed a 17 year old who was holding a wii remote.

It's not a 15 year old who walked into a school and shot 15 people
nor is it a 12 year old who accidentally shot his younger brother while playing with his fathers gun.
Or a random 20 year old who started shooting up a mall somewhere.

It's a cop.

How many times have you carried a controller with you to do something? I don't know about you but I can't see who is at my front door until I get there, at which time they can see me, ever walk to a door and see a cop standing there and then walk away?

Yeah don't do that.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 11:17 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I wouldn't take too much of the story as the truth the dailymail mainly makes up shit, we have no idea how the situation escalated to the point where the cop had drawn her weapon, there's more to this story than is reported.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 11:26 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

I'm sorry but the "don't answer the door with anything resembling a gun" is a fucktarded comment. I'm sorry if that's blunt and aggressive but....... It's fucking stupid.

No one should have to give a toss what they answer the door with. Why should you have to stop and think, "oh i better put my console control down as my door is ringing, probably the post man but it could be a cop and he mite shoot me!"

A bloody cop should be well trained enough to identify a threat and engage when needed.

The cop who did it is a bloody idiot end of. There is no feasible way to justify that reaction unless the lad ran out shouting "I'm going to shoot you with this"

And I speak from experience of firearms and use of force situations in real life. Been there, done it, never inappropriately .

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-14, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I wouldn't take too much of the story as the truth the dailymail mainly makes up shit, we have no idea how the situation escalated to the point where the cop had drawn her weapon, there's more to this story than is reported.
I am aware of that, I usually compare stories with several different news sites.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode