Georgia Teen Shot and Killed After Cop Mistakes Wii Controller for gun. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 12:48 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
I'm sorry but the "don't answer the door with anything resembling a gun" is a fucktarded comment. I'm sorry if that's blunt and aggressive but....... It's fucking stupid.

No one should have to give a toss what they answer the door with. Why should you have to stop and think, "oh i better put my console control down as my door is ringing, probably the post man but it could be a cop and he mite shoot me!"

A bloody cop should be well trained enough to identify a threat and engage when needed.

The cop who did it is a bloody idiot end of. There is no feasible way to justify that reaction unless the lad ran out shouting "I'm going to shoot you with this"

And I speak from experience of firearms and use of force situations in real life. Been there, done it, never inappropriately .
Exactly it makes you wonder how the kid answered the door for the cop to have drawn her gun and ready enough to shoot him, smells more fishy than aquamans jockstraps.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 01:23 AM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

Sooo Bits, how fishy does Aquaman's jockstrap smell? Also is this from personal experience or was it from someone who said the same thing?

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 06:18 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
And I speak from experience of firearms and use of force situations in real life. Been there, done it, never inappropriately .
So your serving a Warrent Grimaldus, and your warned of a possibly armed, even agitated individual? No gun.....good luck with that. Again to jump to conclusion and blame everything on the Officer seem premature to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
How many times have you carried a controller with you to do something? I don't know about you but I can't see who is at my front door until I get there, at which time they can see me, ever walk to a door and see a cop standing there and then walk away?
Actually yes, twice. Both times they didn't seem to have a problem with it. I put my stuff down on the floor and calmly step outside the door; making sure to close it behind me. To them I'm not threatening and they have my full and undivided attention;something that puts Police Officers at ease like that (Snaps Fingers!!!!). To answer your former question I usually never take a controller beyond the kitchen. If someone calls or knocks on the door I discard such gaming electronics and meet them at the door with my full attention. That way if something happens I'm not trying to discard my expensive electronic gaming device IOT address them and possibly break them. So your first statment is just foolish and ignorant honestly.

As far as the Wii and the Cop I have three questions. First why would the COP be armed if they hadn't warned her the person she was going to be serving was armed? Did her Department warn her of an armed individual? In this case her reaction is understandable.

Secondly was he carrying one of the hand-full of gun-replica controllers the Wii is famous for? While I'm not excusing the Cop for the lack of judgement before firing it may explain why she thought he had a gun. Also the manner he answered the door could have affected her judgement.

Finally, addressing the Officer herself, did she already deploy her weapon? Was she jumpy, a Rookie perhaps? As much as I am coming to understand the Police/Law Enforcement world, and the risk it poses due to over-sue happy loosers, for employement purposes it is hard for me to beleive that some boy answer the door would have spooked her to draw her gun and shoot him. There must have been an additional factor involved, something that would cause her to draw her gun on him. In light of that keep these two factors in mind which have been presented by the media.

A: Some neighbors who claimed to have witness these events say he might have been holding a BB gun. Considering I'm about to serve a Warrent on a man skipping his probabtion(especially if that warrent was for murder, or a prior firearm conviction) I may have drawn my gun too; especially if my Dispatcher warned me of a possible armed suspect. BB guns/Airsoft/and even paintball are being styled more and more after conventional firearms to increase appeal and sales. Other cases have recorded Cops shooting civies when they were found with such objects in their possession. Having been in the military I've been through training on the Use of Deadly Force, and when it is allowed. While Civil is different from Military you general don't go kicking in Hajii's house unless you suspect him of being the enemy. Therefore I would wait until the Police Department, which has not been forthcoming with the facts, hands over all the details.

B: The Police Officer was seen extremely distraught after the events had transpired. Besides the parents(whom I'm not sure if they were home at the time) who else would have known he was even carrying anything; let alone seen it? Seems like media hype to me, just like the Zimmerman trail. Again let us wait until the investigation finds these facts and sets them into a timeline for us to better understand. Clearly if this bothered the Officer that badly she will come forward, or just retreat from her Profession.

C: While the media didn't state these facts I'd pose the question of whether the Father was arrested. If they were serving papers did they arrest the Father in the midst of these events? Did she mistaken the boy for him? While this point is minute I feel it may affect the long-term picture of the situation; especially in a court of law.

In conclusion I am not supporting either side. Like the Zimmerman case all the who-ha's and media outlet idiots are crying Wolf before facts have been established. Once the investigation is complete let us then make judgement, but until then it is a sad tradgey and we should mourn the loss of a young man who had much to give to his community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Really? so I'm to answer the door with my hands on my head just so I don't get shot?
No, but as I said above just be sensable. If you see a COP approaching you drop what your doing and give attention to the COP unless your previous engagement was an emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
WNCE was shitcanned to discourage shit threads like this.
In all honesty Scscofield WNCE never really went away it just died down because people got tired of ripping each others throats out. That and the might God Emporer Jezlad put the final word on the matter.....enough said. People will continue such debates on a wide variety of subjects, and I really don't see Off-Topic turning into the warzone that WNCE became. Sure there will be flares of emotion but all-in-all it will stay simply quite.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
So your serving a Warrent Grimaldus, and your warned of a possibly armed, even agitated individual? No gun.....good luck with that. Again to jump to conclusion and blame everything on the Officer seem premature to me.

Actually yes, twice. Both times they didn't seem to have a problem with it. I put my stuff down on the floor and calmly step outside the door; making sure to close it behind me. To them I'm not threatening and they have my full and undivided attention;something that puts Police Officers at ease like that (Snaps Fingers!!!!). To answer your former question I usually never take a controller beyond the kitchen. If someone calls or knocks on the door I discard such gaming electronics and meet them at the door with my full attention. That way if something happens I'm not trying to discard my expensive electronic gaming device IOT address them and possibly break them. So your first statment is just foolish and ignorant honestly.

As far as the Wii and the Cop I have three questions. First why would the COP be armed if they hadn't warned her the person she was going to be serving was armed? Did her Department warn her of an armed individual? In this case her reaction is understandable.

In all honesty Scscofield WNCE never really went away it just died down because people got tired of ripping each others throats out. That and the might God Emporer Jezlad put the final word on the matter.....enough said. People will continue such debates on a wide variety of subjects, and I really don't see Off-Topic turning into the warzone that WNCE became. Sure there will be flares of emotion but all-in-all it will stay simply quite.
I think you're forgetting, In the US and canada cops carry handguns with them whenever they're on duty.

Stopping at a doughtnut shop, it's on their waist.

going to a school to do a presentation it's there.

Answering a traffic accident they have a gun.

There's a reason why I don't believe anyone under 6' 250 who isn't ex military shouldn't be cops.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 08:38 AM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Emperors hand, I won't go into specifics for obvious reasons but its extremely similar to what has gone one in the example situation.

As I said unless the kid was running at her shouting I'm going to shoot you it just seems to me like a catastrophic failure of judgement and training.

The whole escalation process involved in drawing a firearm and shooting it leaves so much opportunity to realise or for the officer to realise, or solve the issue as well as for the kid to drop it or many other opportunities.

You don't go *think its a
Gun, draw shoot*.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0

Last edited by Chaplain-Grimaldus; 02-23-14 at 08:43 AM.
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 01:57 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

She thought she heard a gun slide/ratchet sound, then drew her weapon. With it out and pointed all it would take was for him to think it was his buddies playing a prank and for him to open the door very quickly and startle her into thinking "imminent threat".

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 04:51 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I can see where hand is coming from, there's a huge amount that isn't known about the case. The Wii thing is something his family have claimed. Its tragic, but judgement has to be reserved for more facts.

That said, the thing about putting anything down before answering the door? If you live in a place where you feel that you have to do that? That's... not good.

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 05:17 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

I may have become a little impassioned and angry (purely because a kid is dead over someone's bad judgement)

But basically yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Sorry for the offensive name calling and general assholery from me guys. Out of order and I apologise!

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
She thought she heard a gun slide/ratchet sound, then drew her weapon. With it out and pointed all it would take was for him to think it was his buddies playing a prank and for him to open the door very quickly and startle her into thinking "imminent threat".
You mean the sound a deadbolt or chain lock makes when being opened?
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 08:21 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

To be blunt, so fucking what on all counts.

A kid is dead.

A cop shot said kid.

End of story, the cop will have to deal with what happened, the kids family will make sure of that.

All this internet back and forth on the subject is pointless, except for the trolls. They love this shit.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode