[NSFW] Thoughts on this highly controversial Warhammer 40,000 diorama. - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 07:28 AM
Feed

The guy has had a vision in his head, one that's compelled him enough to sit through the process of converting, scratch building and painting this diorama to an excellent finished detail.

His reasons for doing this are completely irrelevant. It is a work of creativity, it is art. It is provocative, it brings more than one topic of discussion to mind.

Nobody here has the right to say it shouldn't be. Ever tried telling an artist what he or she can or can't do? 90% of the time our response is an amused "Fuck you." And why should it be anything else? Censorship of any topic has no place in free creativity. As long as nobody gets hurt or exploited, there is no harm.

If it isn't your thing, you DON'T LOOK AT IT. You turn the other way you ignore its existence. That is all.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 09:06 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

I've been told this diorama is inspired from a fan fic story posted on 4chan. No wonder it was about rape...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #43 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 09:27 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I call bullshit on that story. Why? One reason: if it was inspired by fan fic from 4chan it wouldn't have been IG in that diorama... I'll let you figure out where I am going with that train of thought...
post #44 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 09:39 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I call bullshit on that story. Why? One reason: if it was inspired by fan fic from 4chan it wouldn't have been IG in that diorama... I'll let you figure out where I am going with that train of thought...
Obviously it would have been Orks and Space Marines.

"The fury of the battlefield leads to passion in the bedroom when two sworn foes collide and sparks fly, these hulking studs discover their hidden feelings. Love can bloom".

post #45 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 10:31 AM

Link removed. Go to '1d4 chan' and search for Eldar and an appropriate word to find this 'inspiration'.

1d4 chan, my bad.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by humakt; 02-04-14 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Removed link.
post #46 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 10:39 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I was joking @neferhet . Doesn't surprise me at all it's come from there. No way am I clicking on that link, not really keen on reading that sort of thing just before I go to bed. At the very least the author could have given it a slightly less obvious title, I'm all for calling a spade a spade but then again sometimes a little tact doesn't go amiss.
post #47 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I was joking @neferhet . Doesn't surprise me at all it's come from there. No way am I clicking on that link, not really keen on reading that sort of thing just before I go to bed. At the very least the author could have given it a slightly less obvious title, I'm all for calling a spade a spade but then again sometimes a little tact doesn't go amiss.
Of course, i was just providing link and correcting my statement
anyhow...due to the source of inspiration of this diorama, i bet the thing is misoginistically inspired and not certainly made to "let us think"... 1d4 chan is filled with wild wanking nerdragers.

Quote:
post #48 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 12:15 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I removed the link. If people want to read it they can find it themselves

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #49 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 01:45 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
The guy has had a vision in his head, one that's compelled him enough to sit through the process of converting, scratch building and painting this diorama to an excellent finished detail.

His reasons for doing this are completely irrelevant. It is a work of creativity, it is art. It is provocative, it brings more than one topic of discussion to mind.

Nobody here has the right to say it shouldn't be. Ever tried telling an artist what he or she can or can't do? 90% of the time our response is an amused "Fuck you." And why should it be anything else? Censorship of any topic has no place in free creativity. As long as nobody gets hurt or exploited, there is no harm.

If it isn't your thing, you DON'T LOOK AT IT. You turn the other way you ignore its existence. That is all.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #50 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 03:06 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Heh after looking it up on 1d4chan I stand by my comments that this is just some guy wanking.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode