Evolution vs Creationism? Hows this for a laugh? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-24-14, 08:10 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeresyOnlyTruth View Post
So I end with this to mock these people does nothing but inspire hatred and contempt of people like you. There is enough problems in this world, we really don't need your kind adding to them.
What a "loving" human being. "If you don't like agree with my religion I'm allowed to hate you." sounds like something we hear quite often from the 3 Peoples of the Book and this is why human's can't have nice things. The world was at war with each long before Charles Darwin came along buddy.

I'll keep my trap shut about religion when religion starts actually observing the separation of church and state.

Last edited by Jacobite; 01-24-14 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
What a "loving" human being. "If you don't like agree with my religion I'm allowed to hate you." sounds like something we hear quite often from the 3 Peoples of the Book and this is why human's can't have nice things. The world was at war with each long before Charles Darwin came along buddy.

I'll keep my trap shut about religion when religion starts actually observing the separation of church and state.
That is the oldest and most pointless statement around.
If region wasn't around we would still be killing each other off it is nature. Animals go to war team up and butcher each other all the time so unless they all are on a religious campaign the point of blaming region is ..... well yeah.

People who hate something "like you" always grab every false fact around and lump it into what they don't like. So using your method I can say well if U.S.A wasn't around there would be no slaves because well they did have slaves so that's their fault. Just as you blame region for wars because some regions did go to war.

Also wtf are you talking about. I said mocking people and spreading hate doesn't do anything but cause more hate. So before you go off on another pointless rant please read the post and understand it.

My guess is since you seem to have alot of pointless hate. This is because you are narrow minded and need something to pick on. I do not care if you believe in region or not, nor do I care if you even exist what I do care about is spreading pointless hate and mockery and causing more problems for the human species. Grow up and learn to get along "cyber bulling is not cool"

Just an after thought they actually have school awareness and fundraisers to stop people for picking on others for their beliefs, social standings, or other reasons that do not effect said bully. You should probably look into that.

Last edited by NoHeresyOnlyTruth; 01-25-14 at 12:12 PM.
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 01:04 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
If region wasn't around we would still be killing each other off it is nature. Animals go to war team up and butcher each other all the time so unless they all are on a religious campaign the point of blaming region is ..... well yeah.

People who hate something "like you" always grab every false fact around and lump it into what they don't like. So using your method I can say well if U.S.A wasn't around there would be no slaves because well they did have slaves so that's their fault. Just as you blame region for wars because some regions did go to war.

Also wtf are you talking about. I said mocking people and spreading hate doesn't do anything but cause more hate. So before you go off on another pointless rant please read the post and understand it.

My guess is since you seem to have alot of pointless hate. This is because you are narrow minded and need something to pick on. I do not care if you believe in region or not, nor do I care if you even exist what I do care about is spreading pointless hate and mockery and causing more problems for the human species. Grow up and learn to get along "cyber bulling is not cool"

Just an after thought they actually have school awareness and fundraisers to stop people for picking on others for their beliefs, social standings, or other reasons that do not effect said bully. You should probably look into that.
If you're so hot on religion, try learning to spell it.
post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 02:07 PM

It is just another failed auto correct by google crome. Which is garbage that doesn't even let you spell colour right
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 04:32 PM
So be it.

Dear god (metaphorically speaking), not another religion argument... Oh well. I guess I'll go with it.

Quote:
Impossible, because it is clearly countering another statement... How could it be the oldest?

Quote:
Umm, what? Religion has been responsible for way more wars and much more violence than it has stopped. Human nature is violent, and people express that with or without religion, but sometimes people can be civilized enough to not kill each other. Only when some ideology (like religion) of theirs is challenged do otherwise civilized people become violent.

Quote:
I'm going to attempt to sift through that vast grammatical errors in this and get to the point. Are you saying that just because something was done by a group, that thing cannot necessarily be attributed to them? I agree. Slavery did not come about because of the US because it was around long before the US was. Similarly, Religion is not the reason war exists. It just... exists, and religion is often the perpetrator.

Quote:

Again, dat Grammar... Regardless, I don't think you can jump to conclusions about him because of something he said. For example, I could assume that you are an ignorant twat who knows absolutely nothing about reality, but that could very easily be wrong so I'm not going to do that. Other than that, calling religion out on it's antiquated views is not "cyber bullying," even if the tone is a bit harsh, and you might want to look at what "hate and mockery" religion has been "spreading" for centuries...

Once again though, this kind of debate is one that must be argued intelligently, responding to arguments with your own and backing it up with facts, not just taking the one post that was most virulent towards you and claiming that, because it's tone was a bit off putting, it therefore invalidates the point behind that post.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 10:16 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Why can't people just get on? There are religious people who are douche bags, who take it too far, to literal and do horrific things in the name of a deity and ruin it for the rest of us. We aren't all like that. We don't all support those views

At the same time some of the most condescending. Patronising full of then self ass holes are atheists. But not all atheists are ass holes!

Just agree to disagree, all hate ass holes and dickheads who are jerks, take things too far or are nut cases and have an effing beer together.

God bless you if you want it, if not i hope you have a good day and if you'd rather pick a fight with me over it then, screw you. I'm not interested in arguing.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0

Last edited by Chaplain-Grimaldus; 01-25-14 at 10:18 PM.
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 10:20 AM
Feed

What bugs me most about religion is the fact that people still think this way. There was a time when God was not lauded as being all powerful, because such a notion was unneeded for the people to give Him the appearance of being well and truly in charge. It also made sense given the story of Satan's opposition, because what being would challenge someone it knew was all powerful and thus unbeatable?

When science began to make real headway into more common peoples' knowledge, our understanding increased and with each new revelation the stories made less and less sense. Rather than discard these outdated tales, we changed them so we could keep believing.

There was once a time when Jacob was able to wrestle God to the ground before God used his magic to make the man lame. A man outfought God. In current versions, God is replaced with an angel that is defeated instead, or it is implied that the fight was at least even until God shows his real hand. God is now credited with being all powerful as opposed to before; his true scale being obscure and unreferenced.

Why? So we can keep believing. But now Satan's defiance seems illogical and foolish rather than a genuine challenge. I would consider one of God's primary servants to be many things, but not foolish.

This is only one example, but the point is I don't see any validity in Christianity or any of its cousin religions anymore and it still confuses me that people are willing to accept these stories at face value.

But hey, you're now willing to accept that Creationism didn't really happen? Fine, we'll stop taking that literally. But the rest is true right? Maybe not? Maybe the story of the ark and flood covering the entire world is a bit farfetched too? Yea, I agree, that one's probably just exaggerated from some occurrence in that region at the time. What else? I dunno, many parts of the original Torah never made it to the Christian Old Testament.

But do you see the issue yet? When Science gave us reason to admit that stories in the bible were probably wrong, we didn't really question the rest did we? We changed out interpretation and kept right on believing because apparently it was just "right."

How much longer will it be before we collectively can finally draw the line and say "No. No more. That is all just bullshit."

Hopefully before the Apocalypse, cuz I don't wanna be standing over here by myself...

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 11:49 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I love religion. It let me have a lie in on a Sunday Morning during training, and then gave me tea and buiscuits while we watched Match of the Day.

And if it was a preachy guy at the front, I pretended to be jewish and sat in the other faiths room and slept. Fucking ace.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
What bugs me most about religion is the fact that people still think this way. There was a time when God was not lauded as being all powerful, because such a notion was unneeded for the people to give Him the appearance of being well and truly in charge. It also made sense given the story of Satan's opposition, because what being would challenge someone it knew was all powerful and thus unbeatable?
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the challenge wasn't about his power. I think it has something to do with the right to rule.
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 09:39 PM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the challenge wasn't about his power. I think it has something to do with the right to rule.
You're missing the point.

If God is omnipotent, then why would Satan even challenge him in the first place. It doesn't make sense given Satan's supposed to be intelligent, cunning, dangerous, not an idiot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode