Rip nelson mandela - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 06:34 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Well that's awkward.

10 points to Rems I think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 06:55 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
But..........while were on the subject he did what was necessary to fight for change. His message of Understanding and Peace is a great one, and should be echoed around the world for all to hear. However you cannot effect change if all you do is preach and use words of peace. As Sun Tzu once said,"Sometimes in order to defeat the monster we must become the monster itself."

Point made somewhere down the road he made a judgement call, or said certain words, or committed such an action that is reviewed to death by the modern media. Overall the man was a good person who fought for what he truely believed in; something that seems so rare in this modern world.
Just because the man believed in something didn't make it right. And "understanding and peace?" You make him sound like Christ. Was apartheid wrong? Yes. Don't get me wrong, I'm the first person to say the ends justify the means when you're seeking something fundamentally right. The problem with Mandela was that once apartheid was kaput, he continued to function in the capacity of a terrorist and supported actions along the same vein as what he had done in South Africa which furthered goals which are crimes against humanity. There was no "understanding and peace." There was "kill the Afrikaaners" and clicking glasses with Yasser Arafat. Where do you think the Palestinians got the idea to call Israel an apartheid state? Nelson fucking Mandela suggested it to Arafat in 1990. He funded and publicly supported Islamic terrorism, and praised Arafat's second intifada which resulted in the deaths of at least two thousand Israeli citizens and nearly a 1.5 billion NIS (roughly $700 million USD at the time) in property damage. When Ayatollah Khomeni, the first brutal dictator of Iran following the overthrow of the Shah, died, Mandela laid a wreath on his grave, and praised his successor, Ruallah Khameni, who is today's Hitler.

The bromance with the communists is the least of the problems anyone who understands current world affairs has with Mandela-- really, who cares if he was buddies with Fidel Castro? Admittedly, it speaks to his character in a pretty negative way, but it's not exactly threatening to international security. Propping up Palestinian jihad and being pals with the Iranian regime, however... that's a totally separate thing.

Let me put it like this. Hitler did some good things. Great infrastructure in Germany, rebuilt the place after World War I absurdly fast, placed Germany back into a prominent place on the world stage following defeat in the worst war the world had seen to that point in only about 20 years. But we don't speak of those things, because any good that the Third Reich may have done for Germany is drowned in a sea of blood, genocide, and irrefutable evil. The difference between Mandela and Hitler, as far as I'm concerned, is that Mandela only publically supported genocidal agendas (his own, along with the Palestinians and Iranians), as opposed to presided over them.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 04:09 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Keep it coming chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 06:38 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Keep it coming chaps
indeed. Who needs reality television when you have this.

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 06:43 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
indeed. Who needs reality television when you have this.
This so much.

*Munch munch*
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 06:48 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Frankly people can wipe each other out for all I care I grow sick of seeing ads everywhere for feeding starving children.
Wish they'd buy some fucking fly spray.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 07:31 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu_Niimura View Post
Just like all those rebel movements you see throughout Africa calling themselves freedom this or Liberation that while in the meantime slaughtering countless innocents?
Hmmmm... reminds me of someone...

'We will save you from your evil tyrannical rulers in return for oil and the lives of a few thousand people! That's a great deal!' '...' 'Oh, you don't want democracy? Tough shit, if you're not going to accept that this is for democracy we'll just claim you have WMDs or some shit and come and take your oil anyway.'

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-08-13, 04:15 AM
Feed

Who is this Wilson Mandura chap anyway?

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-08-13, 05:34 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

My family lived about a year in SA while i was still baby back in 70s. Mother especially was disgusted how country was back then. Mandela did so many good things later on. Many people here are too young to even remember time before Nelson got his freedom. My family has seen that and Nelson was their hero aswell.

RIP Mandela
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-08-13, 06:05 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
The bromance with the communists is the least of the problems anyone who understands current world affairs has with Mandela-- really, who cares if he was buddies with Fidel Castro? Admittedly, it speaks to his character in a pretty negative way, but it's not exactly threatening to international security. Propping up Palestinian jihad and being pals with the Iranian regime, however... that's a totally separate thing.
So, you feel that Mandela being pals with a guy who was willing to OK putting nukes 90 miles off the US coast as "showing bad character" (as if it was some minor threat to international security) but being pals with Iran and supporting Palestinian goals makes him down right evil?

Maybe if we took it all in context, like what the US did in Iran and how the Western world removed the people of Palestine after WW2 perhaps his views were not so terrible.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode