rock and a hard place - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

JelloSea's Flag is: USA

Default rock and a hard place

I recently became engaged to my girlfriend of 6 years. We get along well and we're both good looking and attract attention from others.

I love her, I know I would be happy with her. If I end up marrying her I never see us breaking up.

My problem: I don't know that she is "perfect" for me. Im constantly trying to improve in everything I do and in this situation it's tearing me up.

The odds I would find someone more "perfect" for me are amazingly small, but they exist.

Do I take a chance to get something that will make me happier? Or do I stay in a relationship that I know is at a high enough level to work for a lifetime?

If I tried and failed to find what I'm looking for I would likely never get her back.

Im not sure it's worth the risk. The current relationship is very healthy other than my perfectionism.

Thoughts : - /
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 10:38 AM
The Tinkerer

Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom

All I'll say here is that the perfect mate DOES NOT exist! If you seek perfection, be prepared to be a bachelor for life. Marriage is all about compromises that both individuals can accept. You'll both have to constantly work at it to maintain that equilibrium as we all chance over time. Don't forget that once you've managed to achieve a suitable equilibrium point as a couple, you'll have to re-work that all over again when the kids come!

Bottom-line: Can you see yourselves growing old together? If so, that it'll be worth making the effort to achieve that.

PS: My credentials... Married to a Sicilian for 12 years with two kids and still working on that equilibrium bit on a daily basis!

Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!

Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log

Last edited by Wookiepelt; 10-29-13 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added footnote!
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 10:46 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

im not sure how you can consider your relationship as "very healthy" if you are posting this type of question on a war game forum, you are engaged to be married, which by its definition means you are giving yourself mind,body and soul( not to mention legally) to the other person, if you are worried that you could do better then do the girl a favor and let her go now.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Well as it stands we don't plan on having kids. And I can see us growing old together.

As for me saying very healthy, that was to everything other than this. I also posted this here because, well, Internet "nerds" are the most honest people around.

I'm currently about to give myself. I haven't already. At least in my mind.

It's not that I'm trying to "do better", she is amazing. I just don't know if she is the perfect fit for me. The way my mind works is wierd. Some days I think there could be no better, others not so much, through no fault of hers. I'm just confused.

I have full blown A.D.D. and partial depression which most likely is why I swing on my thoughts of the relationship. Problem is I can't tell when im depressed or if im thinking clearly. Either way, I still love her.

But, are we right for each other?
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 12:46 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Your over thinking the issue, if and when someone 'perfect' comes around worry about it then.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

But that's the problem. I won't know any of these other people because ill be engaged or married.

Basically, do I chance a 9 out of 10 relationship to shoot for a 10?
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 01:15 PM

Life is full of what ifs and could have beens. Don't let them fuck you over.

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Either choice im stuck with getting fucked by life.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 01:44 PM

No that is you thinking it. If your happy with this person your happy. You are self fucking yourself and blaming something else.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 02:04 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Honest as the internet nerds are, we are neither psychic nor prescient. Are you perfect together? No idea!

But what wookiepelt said is very true. Any relationship is a balancing act, sometimes frustrating sometimes amazing. Children do totally change the equation, and remember that no birth control is perfect.

I'll give you an example though. My wife and I have been together for 7 years, married 5, and we have known each other about 15 years. Some days we are perfect for one another. Some days we make each other crazy.

We both decided that we wanted to be happy and frustrated with one another, more than anyone else.

Do you want to enjoy/be frustrated by this girl for the rest of your life? Can you see yourself wanting to forgive anyone else more?

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode