Magnets prove Homosexuality is wrong... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Magnets prove Homosexuality is wrong...

Yea um, what the fuck...?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3920879.html

Quote:
A student in Nigeria is claiming he can prove gay marriage is wrong through science - and his scientific "breakthrough" is backed by his university.
Chibuihem Amalaha, who has won awards in his country for reporting on energy science and featured on various national television stations, says he used a magnet experiment to prove homosexuality is "improper".
Amalaha says his "groundbreaking" experiments show the north and south poles of two magnets are attracted to each other while same poles repel each other.
He concludes this “means that man cannot attract another man because they are the same, and a woman should not attract a woman because they are the same. That is how I used physics to prove gay marriage wrong".
Amalaha's "research" has been commended by the University of Lagos, where he is a postgraduate student, and has been told by lecturers he will "win a Nobel prize one day". The interview with the student was published on Nigerian website This Day Live, where his findings appear to be presented as fact.
"A University of Lagos post graduate student, Chibuihem Amalaha, from Imo State has used science to prove that gay marriage is improper among other breakthroughs, writes Charles Ajunwa," the article states. "He talked about his researches and scientific breakthroughs with the confidence of an achiever..
"..And now his works have earned him the respect in the world of science."
South African gay lifestyle website Mambaonline.com slammed the interview, saying it was "absurd".
"It’s debatable as to whether the embarrassing article is more damming of the standard of education at the University of Lagos or of the standard of journalism at This Day," criticises writer Luiz DeBarros. "The uncritical and uninformed article is likely to add to the ignorance and prejudice surrounding homosexuality in Nigeria."
Nigeria's laws on homosexual acts are notoriously harsh; current legislation punishes homosexual acts with up to 14 years in jail, or, in some northern regions of the country, death by stoning.

Really? I knew plenty of places in the world were still backwards ass fucks (pardon the pun) but this is a new standard of pathetic. And his university is calling it a breakthrough and praising him, even saying he's on his way to a nobel prize?

Yea. And we're on the same planet as these fucks.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 12:45 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

So THAT'S why my wife and I snap together when ..... well y'know....
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 01:30 PM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

No, come on, this is a hoax right? It's satire, like The Onion? Please...

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 01:37 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I found out that by dropping a man from a tall building that humanity could never fly.

That's if you ignore airplanes etc....
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 01:46 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

So if I just use well know facts about physichs and compare it to some arbitrary subject using tired and nonsensical analogies I too can win a Nobel prize?

Fame and fortune here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 03:13 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

And people wonder why I hate people.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 03:20 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

If this was a 3 year old kid who did this, I'd laugh it off and actually be (if I'm honest) a little impressed with the kid. But the fact that a postgraduate student is doing this is so beyond retarded. As for the college, newspaper, and news stations? Really? In Nigeria, that's what you consider news worthy? Really? The rampant poverty, killings, rapes, starvation going on isn't worth while to write/talk about but a moron who slaps two magnets together (which has been done since the beginning of time) says it PROVES homosexuality is wrong and your lauding him as a future nobel winner? Really?
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 03:22 PM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

And people wonder why people working in international relations have doubts in working with these kind of graduates from "renowned" universities.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 04:11 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
If this was a 3 year old kid who did this, I'd laugh it off and actually be (if I'm honest) a little impressed with the kid. But the fact that a postgraduate student is doing this is so beyond retarded. As for the college, newspaper, and news stations? Really? In Nigeria, that's what you consider news worthy? Really? The rampant poverty, killings, rapes, starvation going on isn't worth while to write/talk about but a moron who slaps two magnets together (which has been done since the beginning of time) says it PROVES homosexuality is wrong and your lauding him as a future nobel winner? Really?
Technically he isn't slapping two magnets together...that's the whole point
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-26-13, 04:27 PM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

See this is why everyone should be Bi. Be an electromagnet and turn off when YOU want it! Now can I has my nobel prize?

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode