Republicans vote to bar CNN, NBC News from partnering in '16 debates - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Default Republicans vote to bar CNN, NBC News from partnering in '16 debates

There is more to the article but here is the gist of it below:

From: http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...id=msnhp&pos=3

The GOP’s governing body approved a resolution on Friday barring NBC News and CNN from partnering
with the Republican National Committee in hosting 2016 presidential primary debates.

Members of the RNC, gathered in Boston for their Summer Meeting voted to bar NBC News and CNN
from participating in 2016 debates due to forthcoming projects about Hillary Clinton planned by both
network. They approved the resolution by a voice vote.
The resolution states that the RNC would not "partner with (CNN or NBC) in the 2016 presidential primary debates nor sanction any primary debates they sponsor."

“We’re done putting up with this nonsense,” RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said ahead of the vote.

“There are plenty of other outlets. We’ll still reach voters, maybe more voters. But CNN and NBC anchors will just have to watch on their competitors’ networks.”
NBC Entertainment has announced plans to produce a biographical film about Clinton for air in 2015,
while CNN’s documentary division is producing a biopic about the former secretary of state slated for
sometime in 2014.

The RNC’s effort reflects an early and aggressive effort against ceding any ground to Clinton, Democrats’ early favorite in a presidential candidate in the next election. (Clinton has not yet hinted at whether she intends to again seek the Democratic nomination.) But the RNC’s effort also represents a bid to build enthusiasm with the conservative grassroots, who generally regard the establishment media with skepticism, and often accuse them of favoring Democrats in their news coverage.

The RNC claims the programs "are an attempt to show political favoritism and put a thumb on the scales for the next presidential election," and "will jeopardize the credibility of CNN and NBC as supposedly unbiased news networks."

So what are your thoughts on this? Will it help/ hinder any of the election campaigns of future campaigners in 2016? Was this a attempt from the networks to slant the elections?

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 01:07 PM
Feed

I thought the media was supposed to be free? Are they actually allowed to say that networks can't broadcast something, especially something (apparently) so important?

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 01:32 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

So the Republicans don't want CNN and NBC who I assumed were 2 of the biggest news networks in the country alongside FOX - not an American so I apologise if I'm wrong - to not cover a part of the next election because they are nothing airing documentaries about Clinton in the future and it shows a bias? That's what I just read right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 06:57 PM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

It's more that the RNC thinks CNN and NBC are democratic news stations along the lines of FOX for republicans Loli. So a bunch of complete fucktards with no sense on both sides so I vote for Dead Jackson. He's dead so no one has to die to save him and everyone wouold be scared shitless of murica as we elected a dead guy to our highest position.

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

In terms of the free media comment from Serp, I want to say this is the GoP only debates, the primary and whatnot for their candidate selection. Since that can be a invite only private type thing then they could not allow various media sources to show. Overall I think it is a poor choice, the parties should be striving for more transparency and openness to the public, not less.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 08:51 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Seraph View Post
It's more that the RNC thinks CNN and NBC are democratic news stations along the lines of FOX for republicans Loli. So a bunch of complete fucktards with no sense on both sides so I vote for Dead Jackson. He's dead so no one has to die to save him and everyone wouold be scared shitless of murica as we elected a dead guy to our highest position.
Well, they wouldn't be wrong about NBC and to a lesser extent CNN being democratic news stations. They tend to report news leaning more to the left.

That being said, it's still a stupid idea by the GOP. More coverage is always better
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-13, 02:25 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
In terms of the free media comment from Serp, I want to say this is the GoP only debates, the primary and whatnot for their candidate selection. Since that can be a invite only private type thing then they could not allow various media sources to show. Overall I think it is a poor choice, the parties should be striving for more transparency and openness to the public, not less.
Gotcha.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-13, 03:30 PM
Banned
SSG.House's Flag is: USA

Quote:
As much as I want to be upset with the choice....
CNN and NBC have been slamming the republicans for anything and everything that goes wrong.
They refused to speak about Bengahzi....until it built such a momentum, and then they acted like it was all taken out of perspective.

Face it, Bengahzi happened. Its not a trivial scandel. But to ignore it, and act like it never happend?
An Embassy is sovergn territory belonging to the country that operates the embassy. To not lift a finger and allow Americans to die, and the embassy to get destroyed....
It should have been on the news. The Obama Administration and Hillary should be held accountable.

But instead all fingers point to General Ham who scrambled a support package to try and save lives.

Trayvon Martin? He was a punk. Yet CNN and other news outlets made him out to be an Angel.

Do I think its a good call to block those networks access to some debates? Not really but you cant blaime them for putting a foot down to the Obama Fanboys.

I still want to see a legit Birth certificate, and his college loan papers.Not to mention I want him held accountible for trying to race bait
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-13, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Benghazi - off topic
Martin - off topic
Obama's BC and Loan info - off topic

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-13, 05:44 PM
Banned
SSG.House's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Benghazi - off topic
Martin - off topic
Obama's BC and Loan info - off topic
I beg to differ. Its a pattern those and other media outlets have concealed and played off. Hence why the GOP is trying to block CNN and NBC on certain debates it holds.

So no...its not off topic.....its a chain and it leads to the bigger picture.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode