George Zimmerman found not guilty - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-14-13, 11:47 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreChubbs View Post
What I never understood is people saying he should of stayed in his car and this wouldn't of happened.... Isn't that pretty horrible to say.

So with that said people are saying if you see a black man/youth and get out of your car and if he attacks it is your own fault you should of expected it?

Why should he have stayed in his car why should he not follow someone in his neighborhood who looks like they are up to no good. If you see someone who looks like they are up to something you should turn your head and walk away? I don't think so if you are allowed "according to law to follow anyone just not confront and be aggressive which no one proved he did. So I never understood how this case is his fault, he got out of his car in his neighborhood to follow or watch where someone who looked like they where up to no good is a crime he should of hid in his car because he seen a black guy?

Note: It is now public law if you see a black man and are white lock your doors and windows and wait for him to pass. Do not look at him or be outside for if he sees you and attacks, you should curl in a ball and wait for help do not engage for if you do you are a racist. That's for the police to be racist let them confront him!! If you are white teach this to your kids.
Even the cops he called told him to stay put. You can find the dialogue on youtube if you don't believe me. So no, he should NOT have followed Martin, but he chose to do so anyway. Like I said above, he should have at least made it discrete. Martin, upon noticing Zimmerman following him, should not have bulled up to him and charged him. He chose to, and now he's dead. THEY BOTH FUCKED UP! It wasn't all one persons fault, they are both at fault for this. Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin in self defense, that much is true. He never murdered anyone in cold blood. But had he stayed where he was like the police said, Martin would not have died.

I can understand being suspicious of someone who meets the description of the people who had been breaking into houses. However, you don't know if they're armed or not. You follow a person and they notice, they could have a gun pulled on you before you can even reach for your own, if you're even carrying one to begin with. Now YOUR life is at risk because you didn't follow the directives of an officer of the law. YOU could be the one to die. Now tell me, are you willing to take that chance? I sure as hell wouldn't be. I'd be watching out from my own home, keeping an eye on the suspicious character until he's out of sight. I wouldn't follow him because of the reason I stated above. ONLY when he does something stupid, like perhaps breaking into a house, would I step in, get the cops on the phone again, tell them to hurry the hell up, and perhaps, PERHAPS try to get the drop on the person, though that is nowhere near a certainty to try and get the drop on them. Too big a chance to take in which I could possibly end up dead instead.

Don't confuse me with a Martin supporter though. I did not support his side, I supported Zimmerman's side because he didn't kill anyone in cold blood. He didn't do it because he was racist against blacks, and had something against black teens. He did it because he was being assaulted. But this whole mess could have been avoided entirely, but sadly it wasn't. A young man lost his life, and another man will now be looking over his shoulder for a good portion of his life, just hoping no one is going to try to grudge/revenge kill him. Two lives, and two families, and the friends of those families have been affected by this.

So in essence, yes had Zimmerman stayed put, this whole mess would have been avoided. Barring that, had Martin not acted aggressively, this whole mess would have been avoided. Both are at fault here.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 12:18 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
from the little I heard/saw Zimmerman has always come out as the one in the wrong (every time I saw him on TV before going back to work he looked smug.)
Did you read Martin's father was the one who brought this to the attention of the media? Also that his dad is a NAACP member, and a known activist? Say what you will but it's clear to me that Mr. Martins son was not the shining angel everyone has portrayed him to be, and in fact had something of a dark side to him. I felt horrible listening to some of those clips as neighbors and even Martin's best friend admitted in a public court about some of his "not-so-nice" behavior. I could see the surprise in his mothers eyes; the damn women probably never new. Honestly while I respect your opinion, bias or not, if that had been you you would probably have shoot someone attacking you.

Additionally I would like to point out that 2 of the Prosecutions key witnesses lied to the court. One was also Special Needs, racists, and down right stupid. She was caught in her own lie, and if anything I applaud the Juror's decision because it follows the facts presented, and not the emotion behind the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
"New Black Panther" party (formed I believe in '89 and was rejected by the origional black panther group formed in the '60's) has announced that they are doing a "Million man trayvon" march in september in New York. Even the NBP's tweets are saying they are going to cause violence, damage, and harm to others.
What a load of bollocks! Seriously we finally have worked past major racial discrimination for the last 40 years. Now they want to bring that back, they are just extremists looking for power. Fucking ridiculous I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
besides Zimmerman isn't even white... the media wants everyone to assume he is.
"Zimmerman is the son of a Peruvian mother and a white American father and identifies as Hispanic." - CNN

Just makes it all the worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
The white man's days are numbered,
Not really. It's more the racial card's day's are numbered. Eventually it will get to the point of where White people will get sick of the reversed standards, and stop feeling guilty over historical facts. Black people may start feeling guilty over their own social behavior; who knows. Not all black people are the bad type as portrayed by media sometimes. I just pray when that day comes it doesn't lead to violence; because I see it coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
So in essence, yes had Zimmerman stayed put, this whole mess would have been avoided. Barring that, had Martin not acted aggressively, this whole mess would have been avoided. Both are at fault here.
Well put good sir, well put

Supplemental 8:38: Watch Obama's words on the matter. He honestly just made the situation worst the blundering idiot.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Last edited by emporershand89; 07-15-13 at 12:49 AM.
post #23 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 01:14 AM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

You're at fault for following a criminal and should hide in your house?

Bystander mentality at its finest there. That attitude disgusts me. The last time I witnessed a robbery he was lucky to escape with only a black eye.
post #24 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 01:38 AM

Jez, in circumstance such as this, you may like to endanger your own life by leaping blindly into the unknown, unsure on whether he is carrying a weapon and could possibly end you in the blink of an eye, but I, for one, would be unwilling to take that chance. Zimmerman was lucky that all Martin had was skittle and a drink. Had he had a weapon, Zimmerman may well have been killed instead of Martin.

Frankly, I don't care what you think of my attitude. I don't give a fuck, plain and simple. I'm not going to risk my life for someone else stuff that can easily be replaced (barring family heirlooms and such, but even then its the same case for me). I would've called in suspicious activity like Zimmerman had, and left it at that. I would've kept an eye on him until he was out of eyesight, then I would've gone on my way.

Too many unknowns about this whole situation for me. Only thing we know for sure is that Martin rushed him, and Zimmerman acted in self defense. Me being in his shoes. How would I have known he was going to break into a house? For all I know, he may have just been walking on his way home. Or he may have been going to a friends house to hang out. How would I have known whether he had a weapon that could've been used against me? How am I supposed to know whether he lives close by or not? Should I just assume he's up to no good? Hell no. He may have fit the description of burglars that had broken into houses in the area, but that may have just been coincidence for all you and I know. Or he may have been in on the break ins, but there is no evidence to support that. How would I know whether he was up to no good or not? Too many unknowns to risk anything at that point. As stated earlier, I would've called the police and let them do the job. THAT IS WHAT I WOULD DO! I'm the cautious type. I don't rush into situations blindly. You would obviously do it differently. The members on this forum may go about it differently than the both of us would.

What you seem to perceive as cowardice (inferring from your post, since you said it disgusts you), I perceive as a healthy caution.

Yeah, he's at fault just as much as Martin is at fault. Zimmerman could've left it to the police. He didn't. He chose to follow. Martin could've handled the situation better. He didn't. And now he's dead. Both. Are. At. Fault. Not one over the other. Both.

For the record, If I was in Zimmermans shoes during the attack, I would've done the same. Its self defense plain and simple, that is indisputable. But the situation leading up to it could've been handled differently. I stand by what I have said. You don't like it? It disgusts you? Fine. I can't be assed to care what you think.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #25 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 01:53 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreChubbs View Post
Why should he have stayed in his car why should he not follow someone in his neighborhood who looks like they are up to no good.
Because it is possible, as this case clearly shows, that a situation may develop that you are ill equipped to deal with.
post #26 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

What kills me with all the blind Trayvon supporters is they believe he was killed in cold blood and was hunted down because he was black. He'll even I have the 911 tape Zimmerman says he thinks he might have been black. He fit a loose description of the guys breaking the house. Zimmerman was told to stay put for his own safety and choose not to because the criminals who had been breaking in had been getting away.

My guess is he had a bit of a superman complex and wanted to help catching a slippery thief. Ended up getting bum rushed, got the shit beat out of him, made a blind shot that happen to be fatal. Even him laying face down with his hands under him is supported by Zimmerman being on the bottom and after shooting him sliding him off.

This entire trial was a fucking farce that just wasted money... Again. Casey Anthony was one of the worst tried cases ever and them they push this.

They lose an obviously guilty verdict and take an innocent to court against the advise of a lot of folks.

Who's the fucking racist in this? All the people who pushed this 'white man killing a black kid'. And the next motherfucker I see compare this to Emmet Till is going to get a kick in the balls. Till WAS hunted down for being black.
post #27 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 02:24 AM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Clearly you do care or you wouldnt be getting pissy.

I once followed a youth who I witnessed smashing up a car with a baseball bat. It was only when he got on a train I decided to leave his legs intact.

Zimmerman taught this youth a hard lesson, how many houses you think have been burgled in his area since? Job done and a cunt removed from the gene pool.

I appreciate that you're ashamed though, its fine - we cant all have epic bollocks. For every 10 cowards we need a warrior.

Last edited by Jezlad; 07-15-13 at 02:27 AM.
post #28 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 02:57 AM

Pissy? I'm not getting pissy at all. I'm simply explaining that I value my life more than someones property. I'm not going to rush into a situation blindly, and potentially get killed for it. You would do differently, and that may end up getting you killed one of these days. Its not worth it to die, and devastate my family over property that can be replaced. If someones life was on the line, that's a different story. But property such as a car or a tv? No. Too many unknowns. Too high of a risk.

And ashamed? Really? Ashamed of being cautious? Not even close. I'd rather be cautious than some gung ho idiot (note, not referring to you in case you take it that way) that rushes into a situation unprepared. Now, if you want to take any more stabs at me, do it via PM, or say nothing more. This isn't a dick waving contest. Making it into one makes you look like an immature child. Figured you were above such petty comments, unless its clearly made in jest, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm not one to take unnecessary risks. Its not worth my life, nor is it worth devastating my family. I'm going to call the police, and let them do the job they're paid to do. I'm not going to do it for them, unless, as mentioned above, a persons life is in danger and there is not other choice but to intervene.

Quote:
post #29 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 03:10 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
I just find it interesting that the this Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News happened in the same state.
A woman fired "warning shots" through a wall where her ex and two children were.

Reckless endangerment at the least. FL has a mandatory sentence for gun crimes. That's where the 20 yrs comes from.

Wait...I thought stronger gun laws were a GOOD thing?

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #30 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 03:47 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

@DeathKlokk: The thing about the Fla. mom story that CBS left out of their story (agenda maybe?) is that she LEFT the house to get a shotgun and then came back. I can't find the link atm, but I read the real story and it made a LOT more sense of why she got 20yrs. Oh, and while she was out on bail I believe she assaulted her ex too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode