George W. Bush Defends PRISM: 'I Put That Program In Place To Protect The Country' - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-13, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Until there is a 100% transparency in all aspects of the government that is a pipe dream.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-13, 04:41 PM

cheeto's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Until there is a 100% transparency in all aspects of the government that is a pipe dream.
I remember back in 2007 there was this guy who ran an entire campaign based on the idea of transparency... years later we learn he's spying on every American. Color me not shocked in the least.

There's not much more to add. Galahad is just 100% on this issue. You can color me shocked at that
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-13, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

The great and wonderful thing about campaigns is they mean jack shit. There is always broken campaign promises. The other aspect is unless you have a Congress willing to work with you, nothing you say or promise will get done.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-13, 07:09 PM

cheeto's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
The great and wonderful thing about campaigns is they mean jack shit. There is always broken campaign promises. The other aspect is unless you have a Congress willing to work with you, nothing you say or promise will get done.
Oh. My bad. When obama campaigned against warrantless wiretaps between suspected terrorists over seas and their contacts in our country... it didn't mean jack shit. When he promised to cut our deficit in half before doubling it as president it didn't mean jack shit! I wonder what life would be like with no principles. And what does congress have to do with obama campaigning one way and then doing the exact opposite? II think we all understand that not everything happens the way people want it, but given the campaign you would at least expect there to be an effort made to make good on said promises. When I heard obama campaign against the patriot act I at least knew it was actually his wet dream to have access to all of our information. That's how banana republics work.

Happy dependence day!
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-13, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Yep enjoy your holiday

Last edited by scscofield; 07-04-13 at 07:55 PM.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-13, 11:35 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
selective enforcement.
This is the dangerous part, especially for new "legal" immigrants who come to this country to start a new life. It really puts them in a dangerous spot of being prosecuted for the slightly infraction and deported. It is very much open to abuse and anyone stupid enough to ignore it is a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I'm not losing much sleep over it myself because it's already been going on and as much as I hate it there;s not much I can really do...but it is disgusting.
And this is why nothing ever gets done Galahad. If we changed this attitude things like this would never occur. A good example is write your local statesmen, Congressman/women. Perhaps write letters to N.S.A or the President, start a petition, hold a peaceful demonstration, or boycott PRISM (though I don't know how for that last one). Just saying when we take that attitude the government gets away with everything because they know you will do nothing; at least until your TV and Internet get turned off for longer than 4 hrs.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Tags
bush , nsa , prism , snowden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode