Iran ignores swimmer's record because of 'revealing' bathing suit - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 04:02 AM

Well, I think not acknowledging her record cuz her hands and face is visible is utterly moronic. It's one of the things I dislike about religion. People let shit written thousands of years ago, under very different times socially, technologically, economically etc. dictate how they live their lives today. Same way how I think letting religion dictate what or when you eat to be stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
'Fraid not. Fill me in. Was he just being sarcastic?
Well, put it this way. There are 2 groups of people who watch NASCAR. The first group watches it for the racing. The second group watches if for the crashes and accidents. If I were a betting man, I'd say Jez would probably belong to group two (if he were actually one of those people who enjoys watching the left-turn jockeys in action that is).

(I understand driving a NASCAR vehicle isn't easy... but watching someone drive in an oval for a couple hundred laps is boring as fuck IMO)

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.

Last edited by Chompy Bits; 07-02-13 at 04:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 04:13 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy bits View Post
(i understand driving a nascar vehicle isn't easy... But watching someone drive in an oval for a couple hundred laps is boring as fuck imo)
+1 lulz
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 04:19 AM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

This is actually retarded.

The liberal fucktards that are ruining western culture have even started to bitch about equality in a third world country governed and inhabited by savages.

Lets all pretend we're outraged, jump up and down, do angry fist shakes and scream for an invasion of Iran...

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

Last edited by Jezlad; 07-02-13 at 04:21 AM.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 04:34 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
I'm not Muslim or know much about Islam, but it stems Judaism. It shares a lot of stuff with Judaism and Christianity. The general love thy neighbor sort of stuff.
Lol... no. No it doesn't. The only thing that it has to do with Judaism is that Islam explicitly states that its followers should slaughter the Jews "behind whatever rock they may be found." This was "revealed" to Mohammad by the angel Gabriel following the withdraw of Jewish support of him in Medina after we realized what a homicidal lunatic he was, and his subsequent brutal attack and sack of the Jewish town, Khyber. And the extent it has in common with Christianity is that Mohammad acknowledges Jesus as a prophet, but not the -final- and most favored prophet (i.e, Mohammad, who is the only one who actually matters to Islam), of God.

I am very educated on the subject of Islam. Mohammad's writings are the psychotic ramblings of a seventh-century warlord using religion to maintain power. There's no "love thy neighbor" in the Koran. Islam literally means "submission" in Arabic. The Koran (and the Hadith) both demand that the followers of Islam spread the religion by the sword-- those conquered have the choice to convert, to die, or to pay the tax and live as a second class citizen, which the Muslims then reserve the right to execute at their leisure if it suits them.

There is no "modern anachronism" of Islam. The Koran is the "final revelation" from God, and any change to the methodology or the faith itself is apostasy-- the Koran and Hadith both explicitly condemn apostates unconditionally to death. Islam is the same today as it was when Mohammad conquered what is now Saudi Arabia.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 06:24 AM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
This is actually retarded.

The liberal fucktards that are ruining western culture have even started to bitch about equality in a third world country governed and inhabited by savages.

Lets all pretend we're outraged, jump up and down, do angry fist shakes and scream for an invasion of Iran...

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.
I give a fuck to be perfectly honest. Why wouldn't you?

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 07:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrone forever View Post
I give a fuck to be perfectly honest. Why wouldn't you?
To be perfectly honest, why should he; or I for that matter? A woman in an Islamic country is being denied recognition for swimming very far with a good amount of weight for a stupid reason.

Why should I care? It doesn't affect me, I will never meet her nor will I ever attempt to surpass such a thing. Don't get me wrong, it sucks for her but I'm firmly with Jez on this.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Well, to me it's way simpler than any notion of equality... taking away someone's achievement because their hands and face were visible is fucking moronic. Whether it be a male, female... and whether it happens in Iran, here or the US or UK. Doesn't matter where happens... it's idiotic. Do I care about this particular case that much? Not really. To me it's just an example of the stupid shit a lot of people do in the name of religion.

Quote:
Is it wrong that picturing your avatar doing exactly this caused me some lulz?

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.

Last edited by Chompy Bits; 07-02-13 at 07:56 AM.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 08:29 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

I'm here and there on it. Well done to her for doing so well, especially in light of her clothing. It's sad the world's still so retarded that it's pulling crap like this, but I'm not going to start doing Jez's monkey outrage dance over it. It happens, so be it. Let their culture sort itself out or die out. If they come over to blow us up, blow up the blower-uppers in return. Then we can do Jez's monkey outrage dance.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 09:12 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

It's Iran. Do we need to discuss any more?

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-13, 09:41 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

She recieved more coverage because they denied her the record then off she would have gotten it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Tags
female , iran , swimmer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode