Stretched ears - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 10:42 PM
The Emperor Protects
 
Angel of Blood's Avatar
Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,262
Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
So you're a coward who cannot look past aesthetics, can't respect a person's personal choice and refuses to stick to their apparent and vocalized principles because you're scared of repercussions
Oh please just fuck off with that shit. How in the fuck is he a coward? Fuck me I hate cocks that go round calling people cowards when they don't agree with or are against something.

And why would I respect a personal decision that I find to be fucking abhorrent?

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 06-30-13 at 01:09 AM.
Angel of Blood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 10:52 PM
IRONBORN
 
Tyrannus's Avatar
Tyrannus's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: This Sceptred Isle & Seat of Mars
Posts: 424
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Hitler made a personal decision to give 6 million Jews a once in a lifetime all inclusive holiday, complete with rather unique showers, not gonna respect that one now are we.
While I totally agree with your opinion, I feel that your argument loses some credit when you mention Hitler in a discussion about piercings.

EDIT:It seems like you are STRETCHING the limits of your argument by mentioning Hitler. (How was that? That totally didn't take me 10mins to think up).

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.

Last edited by Tyrannus; 06-29-13 at 11:00 PM.
Tyrannus is offline  
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
WoRLoKKeD's Avatar
WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Training Stage
Posts: 1,248
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Oh please just fuck off with that shit. How in the fuck is he a coward? Fuck me I hate cocks that go round calling people cowards when they don't agree with or are against something.

And why would I respect a personal decision that I find to be fucking abhorrent? Hitler made a personal decision to give 6 million Jews a once in a lifetime all inclusive holiday, complete with rather unique showers, not gonna respect that one now are we.
If you would do something were it not for a law 'preventing' you, then you're either bullshitting and have no conviction in what you say and therefore are full of shit, or you're a coward who refuses to stick to their principles because they're scared of repercussions. Not to mention that if you're willing to attack somebody because of a personal decision they make that harms nobody else then you have some severe issues and are objectively in severe need of help.

I also hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony in bringing up Hitler to defend a 'person' (Read: Subhuman cockeye) who wants to attack people and inflict injury for a harmless choice they make.


Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 06-29-13 at 11:09 PM.
WoRLoKKeD is offline  
post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 12:47 AM
The Emperor Protects
 
Angel of Blood's Avatar
Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,262
Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
If you would do something were it not for a law 'preventing' you, then you're either bullshitting and have no conviction in what you say and therefore are full of shit, or you're a coward who refuses to stick to their principles because they're scared of repercussions. Not to mention that if you're willing to attack somebody because of a personal decision they make that harms nobody else then you have some severe issues and are objectively in severe need of help.
I still don't see this as cowardly. This is just someone not breaking the fucking law. I want to punch slow walking people in the back of the head, but I don't, because that's illegal, not because I'm a coward. There are a great deal of things I want to do, but don't because it's illegal, not because I'm a coward or lack conviction, that's a retarded fucking viewpoint.

Oh and I'm not defending him, I'm just against your use of defining people as cowards.

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 06-30-13 at 01:09 AM.
Angel of Blood is offline  
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 12:58 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE
 
scscofield's Avatar
scscofield's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finger Lakes Region of NY
Posts: 6,195
Reputation: 56
Default

This is starting to get into personal attack territory and should stop now. Also, old German Leaders and their policies are not to be discussed on these boards.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1




scscofield is offline  
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 01:17 AM
Feed
 
Serpion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space
Posts: 10,976
Reputation: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
I haven't missed the point in the slighest. The point I was trying to make is that it doesn't matter what a person does functionally or aesthetically, and unless it's personally involving you (it's not, by the way) then there's absolutely nothing that can or should be said about it.
See that highlighted bit? It's complete and utter crap. People will judge, people are allowed to judge and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Quote:
Ah, okay. Got it. So you're a coward who cannot look past aesthetics, can't respect a person's personal choice and refuses to stick to their apparent and vocalized principles because you're scared of repercussions.

What was it you were saying about image being a problem? Because the 'tough guy' one really isn't suiting you.
Having an opinion different to yours is not indicative or cowardice. This is just an example of different mindests approaching an issue, some like it, most don't. Accusations of being a coward just make you look overly defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
If you would do something were it not for a law 'preventing' you, then you're either bullshitting and have no conviction in what you say and therefore are full of shit, or you're a coward who refuses to stick to their principles because they're scared of repercussions. Not to mention that if you're willing to attack somebody because of a personal decision they make that harms nobody else then you have some severe issues and are objectively in severe need of help.

I also hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony in bringing up Hitler to defend a 'person' (Read: Subhuman cockeye) who wants to attack people and inflict injury for a harmless choice they make.
And you're exacerbating your moral superiority complex here by resorting to personal attacks.



Next person to bring up nazis, Hitler or throw out a personal attack is going to receive a hard slap. We can have opinions without making it personal.


Nonsense is our Salvation

Serpion5 is offline  
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 02:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Ddraig Cymry's Avatar
Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,258
Reputation: 8
Default

I like the look, I'm at 7/16'' myself! I personally like this size though, so I'm planning on staying here. As for job prospects, I'm going to be an illustrator when I graduate so I will hopefully be self-employed, and I've not heard of any of my friends or acquaintances being turned away because they have them. You can do whatever the Hell you want to your body, but you need to live with the repercussions. Times are changing, and body modification is becoming more and more accepted. I'm elated about this, to me it isn't about being 'cool' or whatever but looking how I want to look.

All that being said the biggest mistake I've made in regards to my ear stretching is buying a set of 1/2'' plugs and tapers that aren't going to be used because I'm happy at this size.

Last edited by Ddraig Cymry; 06-30-13 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Got a bit off topic from OP's question.
Ddraig Cymry is offline  
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 02:25 AM
Senior Member
 
ntaw's Avatar
ntaw's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 6,323
Reputation: 99
Default

This is ridiculous. Just...friggin' ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
People will judge, people are allowed to judge and there is nothing you can do to stop them.
This line. I find a lot of the stuff being said against spacing ears to be quite offensive in this thread, but people are going to be who they are. Whether they choose to be haters of a certain thing or lovers it- that shit just doesn't matter. When someone comes into my shop and asks me for a new 2" plug for their ear I give it to them with the same courtesy I treat those who, like me, just don't get the interest in holes that big. As much as you may judge someone for the way they look you bet your ass they think you're just as fucked in for their own reasons that are just as valid to them as yours are to you.

It's hard for me to hear spacing called 'immature' while reading where this thread has gone.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
ntaw is offline  
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
 
lokis222's Avatar
lokis222's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fredericton, nb
Posts: 2,523
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
It's hard for me to hear spacing called 'immature' while reading where this thread has gone.


This. Why you do something is going to be a personal decision. In the end, everyone has to live with their personal decisions. Body modification is a more visible one, but in the end, its effects long term are going to be no more detrimental than less visible ones other people make.

lokis222 is offline  
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 02:40 AM
Feed
 
Serpion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space
Posts: 10,976
Reputation: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
This is ridiculous. Just...friggin' ridiculous.



This line. I find a lot of the stuff being said against spacing ears to be quite offensive in this thread, but people are going to be who they are. Whether they choose to be haters of a certain thing or lovers it- that shit just doesn't matter. When someone comes into my shop and asks me for a new 2" plug for their ear I give it to them with the same courtesy I treat those who, like me, just don't get the interest in holes that big. As much as you may judge someone for the way they look you bet your ass they think you're just as fucked in for their own reasons that are just as valid to them as yours are to you.

It's hard for me to hear spacing called 'immature' while reading where this thread has gone.
Who said immature? I said it was a matter of image, and like it or not there are many professions where image matters. That is something that people who decide to do this either need to accept or else reconsider their piercings.


Nonsense is our Salvation

Serpion5 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome