Stretched ears - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 02:39 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Personally I think they look stupid and would never have them myself. That said, it's your body do what you want with it but do be aware that people will judge you for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 02:46 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3m01iti0n View Post
They look terrible, and will be sorely regretted when you get older and need a more lucrative job than 7-11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
I say good luck in the future and that I am glad that people who do this have already decided on their prestigious career of working in a record store or gas station for the rest of their life and are happy with that.
i have several piercings that i was told i would have to take out if i wanted to get hired.

they stayed and i am now starting as a lawyer at a mid sized firm. i also bic all facial hair... cept eyebrows and stand 6.6.

people have gotten over that small minded shit and the ones who haven't, fuck em. nothing personal if you haven't but there are much greater worries in this day and age then how you look.

as to the OP: i have a serious soft spot for piercings and tats. look great on women and men in my opinion. the stretched earlobe is pretty cool and can look great.

post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 02:55 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

To each their own.

The 10% rule applies to everything. The majority however will not find the success that you say you have as a lawyer. Also you said piercings and while piercings have started to become more accepted this is a new type of body modification. Maybe in the future it might be more accepted but in the real world where appearance is everything especially when you are representing a company that does multi billion or million dollar deals or maybe a lawyer with a prestigious company that charges upwards of $1000 dollars an hour I do not see it happening. In should land your reputation and abilities would be looked at before your appearance but we do not live in should land.

Once you get to the point where peoples opinions and their connections to others you might want to work for do not matter anymore... that is when you knock yourself out.

It is more of an image thing and if you work in customer service your employer wants to make people feel as comfortable as possible. A lot of people that would do business are put off by body modifications which is not good from a business standpoint. It also poses a safety hazard in a medical setting. The hospital administrators that work for me have told me that they have had to let people go for having their ears modified like that and other modifications as well.

And in my experience -as extensive as it is with different environments and people I understand that it is not all encompassing- I have found that the majority of people that get their ears modified like that or have extensive body art and mods are not the greatest go getters or over achievers.

Just something to think about.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 06-29-13 at 03:06 AM.
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 03:06 AM

Quote:
The 10% rule applies to everything.
what rule is this?

post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 03:11 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
what rule is this?
The 10% rule is the rule that there will be 10% of what you are comparing that will be the exception instead of the majority.

In your case I would have to say that you are in that 10%. Your hard work and dedication payed of for you as well as probably having people in your life and your network circles of what you want to do and where you have been that have helped you along the way either by deed or word. Most people are not that ambitious or might not have the friends or connections.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 03:45 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Rampant Fucking Idiocy.

That's what I think.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 05:15 AM
Feed

I don't mind a few piercings if they're somewhere like ears or eyebrows. Same with tatts, as long as they're something that can generally be hidden when needs must.

But this kind of thing just confuses me. Stuff that actually changes the characteristics of your ears or lips or whatever, why?

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 05:26 AM
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

Here I was hoping to see Elves or something...

I have seen it in both men and women, and for both I don't really know. It just doesn't suit some people, and they do it, on others it looks ok. 'Spacers' are an interesting idea, but what point is to far, maybe a spacer with a 10mm diameter but when you get these ones that are 50 to 60mm I think that's a bit far.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 07:33 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I don't mind a few piercings if they're somewhere like ears or eyebrows. Same with tatts, as long as they're something that can generally be hidden when needs must.

But this kind of thing just confuses me. Stuff that actually changes the characteristics of your ears or lips or whatever, why?
Why not? That's the important question.

Frankly, the human body is a rather boring and uninspired thing when you look around these days.

The moment artificial limbs are at least as effective as the flesh? Well, I didn't need my pathetic fleshy legs or arms anyway. Fuck 'em. Let's do this. Time for an upgrade.

post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 08:16 AM

Quote:
The 10% rule is the rule that there will be 10% of what you are comparing that will be the exception instead of the majority.

In your case I would have to say that you are in that 10%. Your hard work and dedication payed of for you as well as probably having people in your life and your network circles of what you want to do and where you have been that have helped you along the way either by deed or word. Most people are not that ambitious or might not have the friends or connections.
that is any given population. its not the body changes that stop people from doing something, it will be what they put into it with a large serving of being in the right spot at the right time. tats and piercings won't stop you from getting jobs you want under this rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Why not? That's the important question.

Frankly, the human body is a rather boring and uninspired thing when you look around these days.

The moment artificial limbs are at least as effective as the flesh? Well, I didn't need my pathetic fleshy legs or arms anyway. Fuck 'em. Let's do this. Time for an upgrade.
agreed. honestly excited for the cyborg age. ;) too much gibson and shadowrun have probably seriously skewed my perception of transhumanism.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode