seems child abusers get off - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default seems child abusers get off

Stuart Hall got off this is called Justice.......for fucks sake

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...47883778,d.ZWU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 06:30 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Its because he has to be punished in terms of the time he committed the offence.

At the time he committed the crime this was the sentence, it was what was deemed appropriate. Although to us, and anyone else with any sense, it seems like a joke its the way the law works.

Its sort of a safety net in a way, say you get caught speeding, at the moment its a fine and points on your licence, at some point in the future they could make the penalty far more extreme, a life sentence maybe. If you get caught the day before the law changes you get prosecuted under the law at the time you committed the offence not under the law by the time you get to court.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 06:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Its because he has to be punished in terms of the time he committed the offence.
While this is true, they did note in the article that the minimum sentence, even back then, for most of those charges was two years. At 83, even if he had been given two years per charge that would have been nearly thirty years, meaning he would more than likely have died in prison before finishing his punishment.

I also do kinda agree with what he and his people were saying, while what he did is bad its not nearly as bad as that Saville guy, who had one hundred times as many charges/complaints.

In the end he got away with it for all this time, and while he may deserve punishment, keeping him locked away for a longer time simply decreases space for other individuals who deserve it more.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
At 83, even if he had been given two years per charge that would have been nearly thirty years, meaning he would more than likely have died in prison before finishing his punishment.
This is where Uk law differs from US, over here you only get the one sentence, so if you get caught stealing 300 different things you only get one sentence for theft. Rather than the way the US do it and people end up getting 7000 year sentences.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sounds like they need to change the sentencing laws I think because this to me is so wrong. Don't think those he did it too will Agree either
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:11 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

So I could come to the UK, murder 200 people, and get only one murder charge?

Seems fair.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 08:43 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
I also do kinda agree with what he and his people were saying, while what he did is bad its not nearly as bad as that Saville guy, who had one hundred times as many charges/complaints.
That doesn't make what he did any less disgusting. Oh you only abused 13 people? Well thats ok then. When did we start saying that sexual abuse only really matters when your victim numbers end up in the triple figures or higher?

The "frightened and bewildered old man" should be taken out the back and shot in the groin shortly followed by that scum bag lawyer of his. I'm scared to hear what the defence in the civil courts will be.

"Yeah he sexuallly assualted her in the back of a car but she also got to sing on the BBC, in those days thats just how it worked, she should be have been grateful!"

Fucking lawyers.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 09:25 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
So I could come to the UK, murder 200 people, and get only one murder charge?

Seems fair.
No, you would be tried for 200 counts of murder, if you were found guilty of all counts you wouldnt be released.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
No, you would be tried for 200 counts of murder, if you were found guilty of all counts you wouldnt be released.
This.

Giving someone one life sentence may seem odd but giving someone 200 life sentences is retarded.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 12:02 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

There is a country and I cannot recall it but it has a relatively low crime rate and is said to be because of the sentencing.

Instead of having a minimum and maximum or a plea bargain system there is only a set number of years or months for a crime. Where for example someone in the US could rob a store lets say Robbery 1 and get 1 to 5 years they might get 1 year of probation. And in the country I am not able to recall if convicted of the crime of Robbery 1 (in this example) which carries a 5 year sentence they would serve the entire five years, no pleas and no time off for good behavior.

Think it was Sweden, Denmark some where around there.

*Yes I made the crime up.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode